++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-19-2003, 06:05 PM   #1
mommydutson
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: What Mark Said...............
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok, i just called windup.

the lady said that she could "confirm that creed has NOT broken up"
there will be a new album, despite the two side projects and despite what mark said at the meet and greet.
we have to check the windup website for more information.

that's al she said.
the call was less than 2 minutes

this was posted at the pit and i too called they are not brokje up!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 06:24 PM   #2
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
well this is some good news

i don't mind them doing the side projects, it'll probably be good for a change, it would just be a bummer if they completely stopped with Creed
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 11-19-2003, 06:28 PM   #3
creednet-x
USER INFO »
I hope she's right
Old 11-19-2003, 06:42 PM   #4
hide
USER INFO »
well they obviously haven't broken up because they are recording new material next year for the anthology. i'm a little confused because isn't it a little early for such a release after only 3 albums? I hope they do some sort of tour even if just a few key dates in the U.S.

I guess its possible after that they will be done but I think they are just taking a small break from eachther for a while. I hope we get some sort of tour for the anthology.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:50 PM   #5
lifelovesoul
USER INFO »
I think we need to stop listening to UNOFFICIAL news. If this is true, I have been VERY upset for no reason. It has been like some one has died around my house since all this came about. I pray that the lady at Wind-up is right.

CREED FOREVER!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 07:16 PM   #6
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Thanks for the info Mommyd
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 11-19-2003, 07:25 PM   #7
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I agree! I really hope that the lady at Windup is right. However, if this is all for nothing, I might just hunt down and kill the girl that started it all for making me feel sick to my stomach for 2 days since I've heard.

Like someone said before, no one really knows what Mark said. It is all based on someone's interpretation. Just because he may have said that Creed is getting off to a slow start so he is pursuing other avenues, doesn't mean that Creed is done. It could just very well mean that they are taking more time off than originally expected. They could do other things and still get back to Creed later.

Mommydutson - if you don't mind me asking, what exactly did they say when you called?

The only think that really bothers me is that Mark's brother posted at the Pit and the only thing that he corrected that the "girl" said is that Mark's new band is not heavy metal. The heavy metal one is something that he wants to do down the road but this one is a mix.

That makes me wonder why if Creed wasn't breaking up, then why wouldn't he have "corrected" that statement as well.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:33 PM   #8
mommydutson
USER INFO »
she said they have had other calls and she can say deffinately they are not breaking up.They are working on other things but are in tact and are looking forward to new things this year.

whether she was lieing or not i have no idea,but i think really if they have had other calls they will be making a statement and would not say a lie,soon to be followed up by a break-up.Did that make sence
Old 11-19-2003, 07:37 PM   #9
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Well, I sure hope that woman at Windup is right too!!

We should all take solace in the fact that many bands have taken a long time off "from each other", done solo projects, etc. and have then come back just fine, sometimes better than before! Bon Jovi comes to mind, just to name one. They needed a break from each other after extensive touring, did solo stuff, etc., then came back strong afterward. So maybe that's what Creed is doing.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 11-19-2003, 07:43 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
i know,, jons acting sucked
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-19-2003, 07:46 PM   #11
Julbright
USER INFO »
Well that is good to hear - and the other good news is that they aren't dead. Even though we cannot imagine them not being together - they will still be around, there will be new music and twice as much of it because we will get some from both solo acts - right? Maybe we will see more of Scott - since he will need to be doing some promoting for his solo stuff - which will be really nice - I miss seeing him. I have no doubt in my mind that there will be more Creed - just maybe not in the near future (after this anthology album or whatever it is they are recording in 04). They are so young - they could "reuinite" in 10 years and we would still have a good 30 years of Creed left. We cannot fall apart over this!!!!
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 11-19-2003, 07:56 PM   #12
mamm1234
USER INFO »
OMG, this made my day. How smart (and cool) are you mommydutson to make a simple phone call.

WOW, I hope this is true.

thanks.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:12 PM   #13
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
thanks for the info

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 11-19-2003, 08:14 PM   #14
Agent D
USER INFO »
This puts my mind at ease...a little bit anyway.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:18 PM   #15
RMadd
USER INFO »
Here's to hoping she's right... but not trying to burst anyone's bubble, it's possible she's told only to reiterate what news is official, and not what is just alleged. I'm sure IF Creed is planning on breaking up, but hasn't made it official, her bosses are very adamant about telling only what is official.