++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-09-2003, 10:55 PM   #1
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
This could be an interesting thread-what backs up ur beliefs and the story behind it?

Just wondering what backs up ur beliefs w/ religion or faith and the story behind you got that way. Like for some, how'd ya finally become a Christian, a bad moment or grew up that way? I don't know, just feel like readin' some stories, lol, :P sry if this is just a big waste of time...

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 08-10-2003, 12:26 AM   #2
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Will for starters mines A long Story It Could Almost Be Like A Movie I Didnt Grow Up N A Strict Up Bringing But A Very Overprotactive One I could Do Anything Iwanted Ijust Couldnt Live My Room It Was Always Just Me An Mom I Always Lived My life Looking Out A Window I Missed Out On Alot Of Growing Up School That Should Come As No Supprise Friends Promes You Get It I Got Saved When I was 16 To Fix A Broken Heart But At The Time I Never Found Out Gods Purpose For Me Cuz I Just Wanted What I Wanted My Guy Back My story Does Not End Here A Year Ago Oct Ithink He Found Me Therw A Song Sacrafice by CREED To Be Honest With You Never Listend To Creed Till Weatherd Came Out Because Iwas Not Allowed To Listen To Anything Thats Another Story Then Naturally I went Out Got MOP HClay Thats About All I Can Say Now ICAN TEll You this Wants You Find The God And belive N Him And Let him Have you You Will Find Out That Your Dreams Was His ALL A Long
Old 08-10-2003, 12:28 AM   #3
ZION1010
USER INFO »
And You Would Be Supprised Who He Can Make You Become
Old 08-10-2003, 11:52 AM   #4
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
that's a good story there, Zion1010.

Old 08-11-2003, 01:58 AM   #5
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Not To Many People Wanted To Open up Did They
Old 08-11-2003, 02:13 AM   #6
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I grew up in a christian family and my Mom was kinda strict. She didn't allow us to listen to anything but christian music! We were at church everytime they had it Not as severe as Stapp's family though. When I turned 16 someone I knew from grade school was killed in a car accident and I blamed God and kinda turned against Him, not fully though. I still believed in Him but I kinda turned from Him then. Then I moved to Missouri and I got everything sttraightened out with God and my life has improved in my walk with Him I still have my imperfections but...Hey, we all do!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-11-2003, 02:36 AM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I grew up in a very strict Roman Catholic household and that religion was too much religion for me. I won't get into the gory details, but there are some not-so-nice things that happened to me and my family regarding Catholicism, so I abandoned it a long time ago and I have yet to find an organized religion that works for me. I definitely believe in God, I read the Bible once in a while (there are some good lessons to be learned in it), but I don't consider it the be-all end-all of how I should live my life. I try to live my life according to the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's a pretty simple credo and when I adhere to it, life is a lot less complicated. My goal is to be a decent human being and to improve my corner of the world as best as I can.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:51 PM   #8
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by ZION1010
Not  To  Many  People  Wanted  To  Open  up  Did  They

That's society for ya.

Old 08-11-2003, 01:54 PM   #9
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I grew up in a very strict Roman Catholic household and that religion was too much religion for me. I won't get into the gory details, but there are some not-so-nice things that happened to me and my family regarding Catholicism, so I abandoned it a long time ago and I have yet to find an organized religion that works for me. I definitely believe in God, I read the Bible once in a while (there are some good lessons to be learned in it), but I don't consider it the be-all end-all of how I should live my life. I try to live my life according to the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's a pretty simple credo and when I adhere to it, life is a lot less complicated. My goal is to be a decent human being and to improve my corner of the world as best as I can.

Oh, catholic church-- --how I relate to you in many ways. Nice story there too and thanks to everyone who has been opening up so far.

Old 08-11-2003, 02:58 PM   #10
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Torn Signs
Oh, catholic church-- --how I relate to you in many ways. Nice story there too and thanks to everyone who has been opening up so far.

Have you ever heard of the band Phillips, Craig, and Dean:P I'm listening to their newest album and I love them They have awesome worship music
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-11-2003, 02:59 PM   #11
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Through My Entire Walk Of life Tho Im Just 26 But Ive Seen A Lifetime Of Heartaches At One Time I Thought I Was Mistake And Inn The Eye Of Man Maybe I Still Am But I Do Know This What He Has Give Me Man Never Could Or Never Will Even The Ones That Love You Most Trusted Can Foresake You But He Never Will Even When You Make that Choice To Leave Him He Still Carries You He Has Placed Me on Rock Were I Can not Be moved Tho At Times I Still Feel Alone I Know My Future Belongs To Him Not The World Its Great To Serve A god That When Bad Stuff Happens To You That You Cant Do Nothing About He Shall Prevail Sometimes All You gotta Do Is Set Back N Whatch God Bless
Old 08-11-2003, 05:04 PM   #12
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I definitely believe in God, I read the Bible once in a while (there are some good lessons to be learned in it), but I don't consider it the be-all end-all of how I should live my life. I try to live my life according to the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's a pretty simple credo and when I adhere to it, life is a lot less complicated. My goal is to be a decent human being and to improve my corner of the world as best as I can.

that's how i feel
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 08-12-2003, 10:00 AM   #13
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by ZION1010
Not  The  World  Its  Great  To  Serve  A god  That  When  Bad  Stuff  Happens  To  You  That  You  Cant  Do  Nothing  About  He  Shall  Prevail  Sometimes  All  You  gotta  Do  Is  Set  Back  N  Whatch  God  Bless

I guess I can agree w/ that.

Old 08-12-2003, 10:02 AM   #14
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Have you ever heard of the band Phillips, Craig, and Dean:P  I'm listening to their newest album and I love them  They have awesome worship music

I guess I'll have to check into that, what kind of music is it b/s Christian? Christian rock, classical Christian, blue grass Christian, etc?

Old 08-12-2003, 01:10 PM   #15
ZION1010
USER INFO »
I Agree Rock On