++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 09-16-2003, 09:11 PM   #1
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Resturaunt HORROR stories!!!!

As I sit here after having one of the worst dinners out in years I wondered what stories you all had of bad experiences out! I went out with friends to "Joe's Crab shack" a well known seafood chain and ordered of course "Dugeness crab legs" at $24.99 a dinner. The salad was awful and then came the bomb........ As I was eating my crab legs I smelled this STRONG odor of pnuemonia, like it almost made my eyes water Here it was in my crabs..... so I called the waitress over and then had the manager come over. He was some schmuck that had no freaking clue. I said "please tell me what is in this" he had no answer but quickly took my plate and offered me anything on the menu! I was sick to my stomach with the thought of what I had ingested!! So I did not eat, needless to say and they took it off my bill esp at the price of the dinner. So here I am now sipping on tea just waiting for the bomb to drop and get sick! There is nothing worse than paying money like that for food and having it suck! I was a waitress for many years and let me tell you there are some stories I can tell! Sometimes when I think of what I would see "behind the scenes" it makes me not want to eat out EVER!!!!

Like one year I was waitressing at Chi- Chi's and I heard this horrific scream come from a table. Here the bartender broke a margarita glass over the salsa bin and some little girl was eating the salsa and got glass in her mouth. She was bleeding out of her mouth from the glass. It was one of the worst things I have ever seen out!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-16-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Yikes Jen
I'm sorry about what happened at your dinner

The worst thing that I have found while dining out is hair in the food and ants on our table at Ponderosa We got our money back and now that same Ponderosa was shut down
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 09-16-2003, 09:20 PM   #3
JenRN
USER INFO »
I freaking HATE Ponderosa

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-16-2003, 09:23 PM   #4
hotforscott
USER INFO »
That is horrible, Jen. I am sorry you had that happen as well. I have actually been through the drive thru at McDonalds and when I opened my burger to check it out before I ate it, there was a fly stuck on each pickle. I know it was deliberate, too. That just doesn't happen by accident. It's pathetic.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:26 PM   #5
JenRN
USER INFO »
That is nasty Carrie! I swear sometimes I feel like never going out to eat again! I think next time I will have a dinner party over here for friends and I will cook! I know that there are so many nasty UNCLEAN things out there, it makes me sick sometimes!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-16-2003, 09:30 PM   #6
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
That is gross Carrie I'm sure you gave them some hell for that I know I would have!
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 09-16-2003, 11:10 PM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The worst thing I've seen are cockroaches in a restaurant. Nothing grosses me out more than cockroaches. NOTHING.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-16-2003, 11:38 PM   #8
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Them things gross me out to Teri
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 09-16-2003, 11:38 PM   #9
whocares
Banned
USER INFO »
Jen I dont mean to laugh but as disgusting as that sounds, its kind of funny..I really hope you dont get sick...Im the king of getting shitty food...Always fast food when I dont feel like eating "good food"....About a month ago i ate a mcdonalds fish sandwich and bit into something...giant finger nail.....I was so pissed off..I ran the "finger nail" back to the mcdonalds and raised holy hell..
Old 09-16-2003, 11:41 PM   #10
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
That is disgusting whocares I would have done the same thing
I like your username btw
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 09-16-2003, 11:50 PM   #11
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I know, I gave them all kinds of hell for the flies. Some people think it's funny, but they are sick sick people to do that to someone. I always check my food, but there is still so many things that could get by you. I know our Coca Cola rep that comes to take our order weekly for our 2 liters and 20 oz. that we sell, said that if we were to ever see the "behind the scenes" stuff at some of the fast food places around there, that we would never go back. She has to see it when she takes their orders and she said she doesn't eat fast food at all.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:03 AM   #12
JenRN
USER INFO »
I remember being asked to "strain the bugs" out of alcohol before making drinks at a posh country club!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-17-2003, 01:57 AM   #13
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
worst experience ive had was not necessarily with the food but with the service and my companion. i took this girl out on a date and she was the sweetest thing ever. the week prior to the date she was excited and she kept asking abotu everything i had planned. being a guy, i had no plans, so i said "you'll see". so when we got to the restaurant we had to wait a long ass time. i got bumped back. the manager kept coming out and aplogizing to me (cause i always go there with inportant people or with big groups). she didnt like the fact that we kept being bumped back. so we finally get to our table and by that time shes pissed everytime the waiters come over with complimantary stuff she would make a comment. it got to the point where i told myself "omg, they're prolly whacking off in my food..." and to make things worse, just to be a bitch she kept sending everything back cause it wasnt pefect enough. long story short, they aplogized to me and i left a 50$ tip
Old 09-17-2003, 05:24 AM   #14
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Man, that is messed up. I HATE when other people complain for me. One time we went out bowling with some friends until about 2am so we went to eat at the Waffle House afterwards because it was all that was open, and this guy kept sending my stuff back, like my bacon saying it was too burnt, etc. I was PISSED because it's one thing to complain about your own food, but don't mess with my food. I can only imagine what happened to my stuff.

I also remember another time, eating at a resturaunt called El Chico when I was about half way done with my food, seeing lipstick on my glass and remembering that I wasn't even wearing any make-up. I puked that night.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:02 AM   #15
mushroomy2k
USER INFO »
wow you all have some good horror stories.
the worst ive ever seen was at golden coral and.
it was just two mice running over to a corner booth
that was catty corner to us i can just imagine what
they where walking and playing on after the lights
went down.
jenr i pray that little girl was allright.
in tampa two police officers went to a mcdonals to
get lunch and ordered burgers they started eating
them and found crushed glass one had to stay in
the hospital a couple days.
whocares ive been craving a fish burger for 5days now
i love them but i dont know about that now.
im glad you did go back and raise hell.
channel 28 news has a segment on ABC Action News anchor Wendy Ryan is making out report cards for some of the best and worst restaurants in the Tampa Bay area.
If you have had an exceptional or execrable dining experience, Wendy would like to hear from you. Restaurant owners who believe their establishment is a cut above the rest may also submit a recommendation for her to investigate.
To see what the Health Department had to say about other food businesses in Hillsborough County, be sure to check out our report on the 25 dirtiest stores.
here are some of the dirty resturaunts, KFC, St. Petersburg
Ben Thanh Vietnamese
Fat Cats BBQ
Fat Cats update
Shanghai Chinese
Cody's Roadhouse, Clearwater
La Teresita restaurant
and here are the blue ribbon resturants that
one for cleanliness
The Whistle Stop, Plant City
. Gourmet Hot Dogs, Lutz
. Tumbleweed Cafe, Tampa