++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-19-2004, 07:45 PM   #76
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lissa) Hi to all! I'm a relatively new CREED fan and I feel totally cheated! I became a fan of the band shortly before all this broke up/not broke up business started. I listened to one of my husband's cd's one day and was hooked. My question to Michael is; Will they ever put out the concert DVD?? I didn't get the honor of seeing them in concert and I'm sure others didn't either and now we have no chance of that.

I understand everyone's excitement about Mark's new band, I just don't share the enthusiasm. I want CREED, not band members here and there. I do wish them great things and I hope they are able to duplicate what they had with CREED.

I do, though, agree with shadow when it comes to rumors being started with
"no comments" and half answers. I think it tends to get the imagination rolling and feel that if a question cannot be elaborated on, then it shouldn't be answered at all. That answer, I feel, made Scott Stapp look bad. I am not an exclusive Scott Stapp fan, but think it's unfair to him. The answer that was given made it sound like that is where the problem lied. That may be rightfully so. I don't know. I'm not, nor do I want to be involved with the personal problems of the band. If that is what you are trying to imply than say it or leave it alone. Usually when there's a problem or fight amongst anyone, it's NEVER one sided. The blame never falls on one side. Michael, I appreciate your inside scoops as much as anyone, I just wish if you can't answer a question without no comments, then it should be skipped. I'll probably make some upset with this post, but felt I needed to reply. Thanks!

Have a GREAT weekend!

You didn't make me upset at all! In fact, I started to comment on different things you've said and realized that instead, the best way to comment is with a general statement ... I AGREE WITH EVERY SINGLE THING YOU SAID!

Very well put!

I have thought the same thing and have made mention of it myself (I think in a different thread). I really don't appreciate the "subtle" insinuations of Stapp being the bad guy. Maybe he is ... who knows! All I do know is that unless someone is going to come through with some cold, hard facts, I really don't care to hear anyone's one-sided opinions.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:02 AM   #77
Lissa
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr)
You didn't make me upset at all! In fact, I started to comment on different things you've said and realized that instead, the best way to comment is with a general statement ... I AGREE WITH EVERY SINGLE THING YOU SAID!

Very well put!

I have thought the same thing and have made mention of it myself (I think in a different thread). I really don't appreciate the "subtle" insinuations of Stapp being the bad guy. Maybe he is ... who knows! All I do know is that unless someone is going to come through with some cold, hard facts, I really don't care to hear anyone's one-sided opinions.

Thank you, creedlvr, for your words of support!! I didn't want to offend anyone, least of all, Mark's brother. I just thought it wasn't right and I needed to make a "stand", however stupid that is. I just think that this board was created as a place for people who shared a love for CREED's music. Not for bashing members of the band no matter how delicate it's put. It may not have been intended that way, but that is how that thread came across to me. Maybe they aren't getting along right now, who knows? .... but things change at the drop of a hat and those kinds of comments may be later regretted. Like I said, I'm a CREED fan and I would feel the same if the comments were made about any of them.... KEEP IT POSITIVE!!!
Old 03-20-2004, 12:06 AM   #78
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lissa) Michael, I appreciate your inside scoops as much as anyone, I just wish if you can't answer a question without no comments, then it should be skipped. I'll probably make some upset with this post, but felt I needed to reply. Thanks!

Have a GREAT weekend!

I'm not upset, I'm kind of annoyed that you would make a comment like that though. Michael takes time out of his personal life to get online and post on boards, and informs us of things going on. I think it's wonderful of him to at least respond to people's questions, even if he can't answer them. Besides, why blame him for being KIND and acknowledging(sp?) these questions from people that he can't answer, when the people are asking him these questions?
Old 03-20-2004, 12:10 AM   #79
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
Oh yeah, and he does skip questions, I asked him if his ears were ringing the other night and he didn't answer
Old 03-20-2004, 12:13 AM   #80
JesslovesCreed
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to JesslovesCreed Send a message via MSN to JesslovesCreed Send a message via Yahoo to JesslovesCreed
Quote: (Originally Posted by SleeplessAngel) I'm not upset, I'm kind of annoyed that you would make a comment like that though. Michael takes time out of his personal life to get online and post on boards, and informs us of things going on. I think it's wonderful of him to at least respond to people's questions, even if he can't answer them. Besides, why blame him for being KIND and acknowledging(sp?) these questions from people that he can't answer, when the people are asking him these questions?

Agrees with above
Old 03-20-2004, 12:27 AM   #81
Lissa
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SleeplessAngel) I'm not upset, I'm kind of annoyed that you would make a comment like that though. Michael takes time out of his personal life to get online and post on boards, and informs us of things going on. I think it's wonderful of him to at least respond to people's questions, even if he can't answer them. Besides, why blame him for being KIND and acknowledging(sp?) these questions from people that he can't answer, when the people are asking him these questions?

I DO appreciate Michael's posts, but still thinks it's unfair to answer questions in a manner that can be construed negatively at someone else's expense. We ALL have personal lives to attend to, that doesn't impress me and don't thing that he's on here just to be kind. They want to know what the CREED fans are thinking and stay in touch..... they don't want to be forgotten either. Like I said, I would feel the same way if the comment was made about ANY of the CREED members. I read the posts...... he skipped quite a few questions without answering them.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:29 AM   #82
Lissa
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SleeplessAngel) Oh yeah, and he does skip questions, I asked him if his ears were ringing the other night and he didn't answer

See???? He can skip questions!!!
Old 03-20-2004, 12:35 AM   #83
Lissa
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JesslovesCreed) Agrees with above

I also find it interesting that the two of us that agree are of the same age..... maybe it's a generation thing.... we look at life a little differently... I tend to look at movie stars, athletes, bands, etc. as people that put on their pants the same way as the next guy. They are just people with a career that puts them in front of alot of people. That doesn't make them special or make their time worth anymore than mine. I appreciate their talent, I enjoy their music but we all have talent and something good to give to the world. Mine's just not on stage or TV......
Old 03-20-2004, 12:56 AM   #84
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I think you've somewhat missed her point.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:59 AM   #85
Lissa
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) I think you've somewhat missed her point.

Hi Creedlvr.....

SO missed the point!!!!
Old 03-20-2004, 03:37 AM   #86
JesslovesCreed
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to JesslovesCreed Send a message via MSN to JesslovesCreed Send a message via Yahoo to JesslovesCreed
I was agreeing with Sleeplessangel1, and what I'm wondering is why you thinkg Michael should sit here and answer every question? The fact that he answers any at all is more than enough! He doesn't have to do it, but he does. So why not just be thankful for the questions he does answer instead of always wanting more. Because that to me is just selfish.

And the things Michael is commenting on are NEW BAND related, they have nothing to do with Scott. And when he posts that he can't comment about something it's because he is not allowed to say anything for legal reasons. When he posts a reply saying he can't comment, you can't just be happy you have an answer for the time?? At least you know there will be one but at this time he CAN'T COMMENT.

This thread is about the new band, NOT SCOTT. Nothing Michael has said is to make Scott look bad, and I can't see anything in here that does. But being you're a new creed fan I can now see why you think the things you do.
Now if you would like to continue this pm me, because I don't want to turn this thread into something it shouldn't be.

Last edited by JesslovesCreed : 03-20-2004 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:40 AM   #87
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »

Last edited by SleeplessAngel : 03-20-2004 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:03 AM   #88
missdjsp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lissa) I do, though, agree with shadow when it comes to rumors being started with
"no comments" and half answers. I think it tends to get the imagination rolling and feel that if a question cannot be elaborated on, then it shouldn't be answered at all. That answer, I feel, made Scott Stapp look bad. I am not an exclusive Scott Stapp fan, but think it's unfair to him. The answer that was given made it sound like that is where the problem lied. That may be rightfully so. I don't know. I'm not, nor do I want to be involved with the personal problems of the band. If that is what you are trying to imply than say it or leave it alone. Usually when there's a problem or fight amongst anyone, it's NEVER one sided. The blame never falls on one side. Michael, I appreciate your inside scoops as much as anyone, I just wish if you can't answer a question without no comments, then it should be skipped.

um... did you ever think that maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable talking about that subject, so he says no comment sort of as a way of saying that's not a subject he's willing to talk about?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lissa) I DO appreciate Michael's posts, but still thinks it's unfair to answer questions in a manner that can be construed negatively at someone else's expense. We ALL have personal lives to attend to, that doesn't impress me and don't thing that he's on here just to be kind. They want to know what the CREED fans are thinking and stay in touch..... they don't want to be forgotten either. Like I said, I would feel the same way if the comment was made about ANY of the CREED members. I read the posts...... he skipped quite a few questions without answering them.

um, they could find this out just by reading, he doesn't have to respond to anyone at all... he's responding and answering questions out of kindness... he could just not say anything to anyone. so let's just back off the nice man and go about our day, ok?
Old 03-20-2004, 04:07 AM   #89
JesslovesCreed
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by missdjsp) um... did you ever think that maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable talking about that subject, so he says no comment sort of as a way of saying that's not a subject he's willing to talk about?

um, they could find this out just by reading, he doesn't have to respond to anyone at all... he's responding and answering questions out of kindness... he could just not say anything to anyone. so let's just back off the nice man and go about our day, ok?

Go C

Last edited by JesslovesCreed : 03-20-2004 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:35 PM   #90
happycampr
USER INFO »
I'm just happy to hear we'll be having some new music soon ~ from three of my favorite artists.