++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 02-24-2003, 08:04 PM   #1
Anonymous
USER INFO »
Currently:
Racist Ornot Racist?

First of all,I am not trying to get anyone mad at me. These are just honest, innocent questions.

First - Why is it racist for white people to call African Americans' The "N" word? Why is it not racist for African Americans to call white people "Cracker?"

I don't understand why is is racist for the white me, but not for the black men?

Second - Why is it a hate crime for a white person to kill a black person, but just your regular old homicide when a black person killes a white person?

Third - Why are the democrats tryingto give ALL minorities an extra 200 points on the SAT Test, but for the white people have to start from scratch?

Again, I am just asking questions, I DO NOT want to get on anyone's bad side.

Please respond to this thread.

-- Anonymous
Old 02-24-2003, 08:12 PM   #2
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I do not judge people by the color of their skin, I respect everyone, and I think there is still a lot of bitterness between a lot of races because of slavery and things that happened in the past. I think those people still have issues and it causes others to suffer because not everyone feels the hate that some people do. I think it goes both ways, sometimes white people think things are unfair, and sometimes black people do. It's something that is always debated and really hard to get anywhere in my opinion. I just try to respect everyone as their own person and leave it at that. I can't change others thoughts and some people teach their children to hate the same things that they hate and it's sad. I agree with the Golden Rule and I may not be able to change the world by myself, but I am making a difference by not choosing one side or another.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:33 PM   #3
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Oh man, I already had a friggin headache I love all peoples.. regardless of the skin color...
Old 02-25-2003, 09:49 AM   #4
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Racist Ornot Racist?

Quote: Originally posted by Anonymous
Third - Why are the democrats tryingto give ALL minorities an extra 200 points on the SAT Test, but for the white people have to start from scratch?

first off, thank you for bringing new life to the hugely repetative treads...

basically minorties tend to vote democratic and so this is just another political move. personally i do not care if perdo or tyrone get into college i am the one here busting my ass for me and my future, if they really cared about thier future then they would do what it takes and not need extra points. as a minority afirmative action to me is a slap in the face.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:02 AM   #5
Anonymous
USER INFO »
Currently:

good answer hotforscott. I like that.

-- anonymous
Old 02-25-2003, 12:00 PM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I know, here in Brazil they created a law thatīs absurd:

15% of federal or state collegeīs places have to be reserved to the minorities.

The thing is, to get in college here, instead of SAPs or applications, you have to do a test, called "vestibular". Each college does its own vestibular, which is a test with high-school subjects: like 20 questions of Portuguese and Math, 15 of English, Bio, Geography, History, Physics, Chemestry.

Those who score is higher get into college. So itīs quite possible someone who didnīt study as hard as the others takes someoneīs place. Which I think itīs pretty unfair.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:41 PM   #7
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
YES, that is true.

people should be awarded on thier merits rather then thier skin pigmentation, melanin content, last name, or place of origin.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:30 PM   #8
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Re: Racist Ornot Racist?

Quote: Originally posted by Mulletman
i do not care if perdo or tyrone get into college
You are the X of Mexico. Who is perdo?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-25-2003, 05:56 PM   #9
hotforscott
USER INFO »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-25-2003, 08:47 PM   #10
jango
USER INFO »
Re: Racist Ornot Racist?

<b>First of all,I am not trying to get anyone mad at me. These are just honest, innocent questions.

First - Why is it racist for white people to call African Americans' The "N" word? Why is it not racist for African Americans to call white people "Cracker?"

I don't understand why is is racist for the white me, but not for the black men?

Second - Why is it a hate crime for a white person to kill a black person, but just your regular old homicide when a black person killes a white person?

Again, I am just asking questions, I DO NOT want to get on anyone's bad side.

Please respond to this thread.

-- Anonymous </b>

You're on my bad side from the other thread, but anyway...

The motivation behind the crime determines the "hate crime" status. If a black person murdered a white person for his color, or lack thereof, it would be a hate crime. Study your facts before spouting off.

It is racist for a black person to call a white person cracker. This was a moronic argument on your part. Again, study.

Democrats are not as a whole trying to add 200 points. You cannot classify a sector of one political party as representative of the whole. But, nonetheless, let's put your genaeological line in slavery for hundreds of years, repress you for another hundred, discriminate against you the entire time, not allow you outlets to proper education, and then give you a test created by white men based upon their white backgrounds and knowledge and see how you do.

The education system could use some work. Study and quit wasting my time. I feel obligated to inform you, you sad sad little person.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 02-25-2003, 09:34 PM   #11
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Hello jango
Old 02-25-2003, 10:39 PM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
man, Jango!!!

reading your posts is a real English Class!!! Thanks! Iīm learning a lot from you, sincerely!
Old 02-25-2003, 11:14 PM   #13
souldancer
USER INFO »
First of all,I am not trying to get anyone mad at me. These are just honest, innocent questions....Again, I am just asking questions, I DO NOT want to get on anyone's bad side.
Please respond to this thread.-- Anonymous
? It's really hard for me to believe that you are sincere about that first line. Your email address (- [email protected] ) makes me suspicious. I admit that I had a rush of rage at your latest post. But, we are in the middle of the "Season for Non-violence" (inspired by the 50th and 30th memorial anniversaries of Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr) - so I will go read today's thought and stay off this thread.

Quote: Originally posted by jango
... let's put your genaeological line in slavery for hundreds of years, repress you for another hundred, discriminate against you the entire time, not allow you outlets to proper education, and then give you a test created by white men based upon their white backgrounds and knowledge and see how you do. .
Exactly! So glad you're part of the board Jango!

A rattlesnake, if cornered will become so angry it will bite itself. That is exactly what the harboring of hate and resentment against others is -- a biting of oneself. We think we are harming others in holding these spites and hates, but the deeper harm is to ourselves.
-- E. Stanley Jones
Old 02-25-2003, 11:16 PM   #14
Anonymous
USER INFO »
Currently:
reply to jango

jango, you are so sad.

me read my facts?????!!!!!!! it is so not a hate crime if blacks kill whites! study YOUR facts!!!!!

It is not racist (according to the black people) for them to call us cracker!! they say it of national tv!!!!!!! if a white called a black n*gger then he would probably go to jail.

put all this into consideration: get over it. black people were in slavery for a reletive short period of time. it was a log time ago. quit holding that against us. it is not the responsibility of us who are alive today to compensate the blacks for what was done to them. everybody that did that is dead and payibng for what ever evil they did in heaven of hell it doesn't matter. it is over, it was a long time ago. quit holding that against us. "white people" did not keep that blacks in slavery. certain whites did. and plenty of others. it is not my fault if my great, great, great granddad had a slave.

follow you generation back a couple of centuries and see if one of your reletive did somethig bad. are youholding that against them??

these test are not based on whoite people. look in the history books and see how many black people are mentioned. heck,he have a whole month dedicayted to black people - black history month.

-- anonymous
Old 02-25-2003, 11:17 PM   #15
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Hello souldancer!!