++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #31
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yeah listen to the first few chords it sounds like the opening of One Last Breath
Old 09-23-2005, 03:56 AM   #32
guesswhosback
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) What the hell do you know about that? Just because I'm really into music and I like to check things does not mean I'm a total Tremo-geek. I just don't think it's a big secret thar Mark is a way better musician than everyone in Goneblind!

You know Chase... Ever since you got here you have done nothing but pissed me off and said the most stupid things, would you please stop for God sake?

Well you certainly said your share of stupid things too......
Old 09-23-2005, 12:34 PM   #33
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) See, its not lack of maturity, its an opinion...

Yup, and opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:40 PM   #34
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) What the hell do you know about that? Just because I'm really into music and I like to check things does not mean I'm a total Tremo-geek. I just don't think it's a big secret thar Mark is a way better musician than everyone in Goneblind!

You know Chase... Ever since you got here you have done nothing but pissed me off and said the most stupid things, would you please stop for God sake?

You mean you think people are picking on you?? Jeeeeezzzz, you make comments like "fuck goneblind" and you expect pats on the back for that?? It's almost like your doing it on purpose, then get all whiny when people get offended.

If your gonna say it, be a man and take it.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:42 PM   #35
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
*Yawn* You've had a pretty whiny history yourself, ctfan, so I don't think you have a whole lot of room to talk.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:55 PM   #36
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) *Yawn* You've had a pretty whiny history yourself, ctfan, so I don't think you have a whole lot of room to talk.

I don't whine, I just climb crosses.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:12 PM   #37
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Thanks, Lith. That's awesome. I'm getting really tired of only having the 2 minute clip from his website.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 09-23-2005, 10:42 PM   #38
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by guesswhosback) Well you certainly said your share of stupid things too......

He also said that Alter Bridge would crush Stapp. Back in February Soundscan numbers indicated that One Day Remains had sold 372,000 CD's. The last Soundscan numbers I've seen for One Day Remains stood at 379,000. A band that has only sold seven thousand CD's in eight months really shouldn't have fans bragging that they are crushing any of the competition. Now you people will all say that sales don't indicate the quality of an album. But sales do determine whether a band makes it in the music business.

Soundscan acutally reports sales of a CD. But even then its numbers aren't exactly accurate because lots of retailers report more than one CD for everyone sold to try to make up for the retailers that don't report to Soundscan. If that's true, then that 379,000 number may actually be an overestimate.

Go to that station in Chicago and look at the list that shows the songs recently played. They are calling the song Metal and not Metalingus and you will notice that it never shows up on the playlist.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:47 AM   #39
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by guesswhosback) Well you certainly said your share of stupid things too......
Hey listen!! I don't like you and you don't like me either, but please try not to keep this conversation on the low level that maches your intelligence!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) He also said that Alter Bridge would crush Stapp.
Yeah, and since, right now, AB has 26% and Stapp 19% AB is crushing Stapp! Yesterday night AB had 29% and Stapp 19%. Face it, AB is winning! Why? Well, they must have a bigger fan base! I highly doubt Stapps solo album will sell more than ODR.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-24-2005, 07:53 AM   #40
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium)
Yeah, and since, right now, AB has 26% and Stapp 19% AB is crushing Stapp! Yesterday night AB had 29% and Stapp 19%. Face it, AB is winning! Why? Well, they must have a bigger fan base! I highly doubt Stapps solo album will sell more than ODR.

Lets keep it like that!!!!!! I'm so happy
Old 09-24-2005, 08:35 AM   #41
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, AB 4 life!!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #42
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, and since, right now, AB has 26% and Stapp 19% AB is crushing Stapp! Yesterday night AB had 29% and Stapp 19%. Face it, AB is winning! Why? Well, they must have a bigger fan base! I highly doubt Stapps solo album will sell more than ODR.

29% is simply a number. It just indicates that some Alter Bridge fans are sitting in front of their computers for hours submitting vote after vote...apparently because its become very important that Alter Bridge LOOK like they are better than anything Stapp can do. Difference is, Stapp is being played in regular rotation on that radio station. They announce the song and they mention the release date of the CD. The other night the DJ said they get hate calls when they play TGD...then he said..."they must be Alter Bridge fans". They won't even call Alter Bridge's song by its given title, and it never shows up on the station's "just recently played" list. You can go ahead and pin your hopes on a number, but its also my understanding that this song they call "Metal" isn't on alot of station playlists. 29% means nothing if you can't get your song played on the radio.

Looks to me like Alter Bridge just has a fan base of 379,000...if its even that much.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:58 PM   #43
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Allright, let's stop the useless AB vs Stapp arguments in the middle of other threads. And lets stop disrespecting any artists being discussed, unless you are actually making a valid point relating to the topic (why someone does or doesn't suck). None of this "fuck this group" stuff.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 09-25-2005, 09:52 AM   #44
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) 29% is simply a number. It just indicates that some Alter Bridge fans are sitting in front of their computers for hours submitting vote after vote...
I've voted like... 3 times. I'd like to see some proove to that!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Difference is, Stapp is being played in regular rotation on that radio station. They announce the song and they mention the release date of the CD.
Yeah, it's his first single. When Open Your Eyes was released it was aired a lot too.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) The other night the DJ said they get hate calls when they play TGD...then he said..."they must be Alter Bridge fans".
Yeah, that's sad and I'm not one of them and I know the band wouldn't like it at all if they found out. But then again, Stapp fans ain't so nice either. By the time AB was releasing OYE and a date for ODR came up and things really started happening for the guys, the VH1 forum for AB was full of crap from Stapp fans who wrote how much they hated Alter Bridge and thought they were useless without Scott. All their was on that forum was pure hate letters from Stapp fans. And who knows how many pissed off callers a DJ gets everytime he plays a song who someone doesn't like?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) They won't even call Alter Bridge's song by its given title, and it never shows up on the station's "just recently played" list. You can go ahead and pin your hopes on a number, but its also my understanding that this song they call "Metal" isn't on alot of station playlists. 29% means nothing if you can't get your song played on the radio.
Yeah, it's called Metalingus, I dunno why they've just speld out Metal, but that's one weak argument not to like Alter Bridge. "Because a radio station in Chicago spelled a name of their songs wrong."

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Looks to me like Alter Bridge just has a fan base of 379,000...if its even that much.
Personally, I think it's more than that, but who cares? I love AB and nothing you say will ever change my mind, so you might as well just stop it. The guys have said several times that they are only in Alter Bridge because of the fun! (I mean, they do have the money to retire after being in Creed). And compared to how small Creed were at first things are going pretty okay for AB. I mean, they are touring the world and their live shows are just amazing! I don't care how small or big they are. I don't care what you or others who dislikes 'em thinks! I don't care how many albums they sell or not sell! They are a fucking great and talanted band, and that's one thing you can't take away from them!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 09-25-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:01 AM   #45
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Agree, I couldnt care less if AB doenst sell shitloads of albums ill still love them. They are a great band with a lot of potential and as long as they keep making great music they have got my support.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick