++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-15-2003, 08:08 PM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
*NEW* Creed video - back to the puzzle!

Another local producer, Ed Blakely, recently returned from a music video shoot in Tallahasse for both the Florida-based rock band Creed and up-and-comers Big Dismal.

Chapel Hill filmmaker Norwood Cheek directed the project and Los Angeles cinematographer Shawn Maurer (who was also behind the camera on Bring It On) shot it. The videos are scheduled to coincide with the upcoming release of each artists’ new CDs in early 2004.

Locations in and around Tallahassee included an abandoned truck stop, a dilapidated motel, a small rural airport and a portion of north Florida’s Big Dismal sinkhole.

Among the shoot’s highlights? Watching young women swarm Creed at a bar, Mr. Blakely said.

Source! Scroll down til WAWO

Blame it on the pit, if you don't like it. I got it from their board.

Below, it's me talking:
Now, to make more confusion:
-It seems Big Dismal broke up as well
-Path is open to Stapp join Big Dismal: he produced their album and the band has spiritual influences as well.
-The reporter also answered this girlear Anita:
"The producer said that segments of the video did use the band Creed. He said he didn't know anything about an album but that some material was used in the shoot.
I hope that helps,
Allison Ballard"
-Shouldn't someone find out if Dave Meyers shot this "video"?

yay hey hey! this board shall not be boring the next few days: let's see what come up of this.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:12 PM   #2
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
hmmm, interesting
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 12-15-2003, 08:30 PM   #3
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
i'm sorry...but i really didnt grasp any of that????????????????????
can someone explain that in another simpler form?...i dont know if i'm just REALLY tired...or maybe my brain fell out saturday....???

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-15-2003, 08:43 PM   #4
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I must say I am a bit "foggy" on the whole thing too.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:47 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, the details seem to be missing, like when it was done, what's the name of the song, what *new* album the song will be on...I e-mailed the writer with these questions, so hopefully I'll get a response.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:52 PM   #6
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I'm confused, too. It seems as though Big Dismal and Creed have made new videos. It also seems that BD is no longer together and that Stapp may be becoming the new lead singer for them.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 12-15-2003, 09:01 PM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/apps/p...IST01/31215005

Ok, I"m not sure yet how to copy a link to a website here but if you go to the above site, you'll see an article from a Wilmington, NC newspaper, dated today with regard to the post above. I don't know anymore than you folks, and I'm just as confused by this story. Scroll down.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-15-2003, 09:03 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The story is full of holes for one thing. Also, I don't know if that's like other columns, where it's just updated every few days or so. That could be an old item, but it's hard to tell from the way it's structured.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:04 PM   #9
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
this all kinda seems strange.... considering everything.... i know i'm stating the obvious....but yeah

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-15-2003, 10:18 PM   #10
Frankie
USER INFO »
Big Dismal is still together. Their bb is active...the band members post...Wind-up is releasing a new single in January.
Scott did produce for Big Dismal previously.
The story appears to be recent...the writer has responded to a couple of e-mails. I have e-mailed her too, to see if she can clear things up...such as by "Creed" did she mean the entire band...or was she just refering to one member i.e. Scott as "Creed"? Perhaps Scott is still involved with Big Dismal on the producing end and was there for the filming of the video. But that does not explain the mention of a "Creed Video".
I am the one who originally posted the story, and we have been "investigating/googling" to find more...but no luck.
The article said the director was Norwood Cheek.
If I hear back from the writer I will let you know what she said.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:00 PM   #11
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The story is full of holes for one thing. Also, I don't know if that's like other columns, where it's just updated every few days or so. That could be an old item, but it's hard to tell from the way it's structured.

It appears to be fairly recent since the article does mention that the bands have upcoming new releases for early 2004. But overall the whole thing is really vague and is not very clear. I hope someone gets some answers soon.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:16 PM   #12
hide
USER INFO »
this is very strange but I didn't think that Creed's anthology was due until near the end of 2004. If they are shooting a video already surely it must be coming out fairly soon! Once again I wouldn't pay too much attention to the pit apoligies to the pitters amongst us, it doesn't make sense that he would join Big Dismal since they are a christian rock band, not a rock band with christian influences. Perhaps as a side-project but he was probably there on a professional capacity ie: producing or perhaps socially!
Old 12-15-2003, 11:19 PM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I also question the legitimacy of the story, considering the fact that if it's an anthology, what video would they be shooting? And if the rumors are correct and Mark hasn't seen or spoken to Stapp in weeks, how could the be making a video now?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-15-2003, 11:25 PM   #14
Frankie
USER INFO »
Hide...NO ONE said Scott was joining Big Dismal...just mentioned that he did produce for them before. And like I said maybe saying "Creed" but only meaning individual members of Creed...
Old 12-15-2003, 11:28 PM   #15
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) I also question the legitimacy of the story, considering the fact that if it's an anthology, what video would they be shooting? And if the rumors are correct and Mark hasn't seen or spoken to Stapp in weeks, how could the be making a video now?

Didnt the press release say that some unreleased material would be part of the anthology, so it could be for that. Or they could be doing a video for a song that they never did a video for (like Is this the end?, bound and tied, or such forth) that they are including in the anthology.