++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-30-2006, 09:23 AM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Tour is over!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Yep, that's the way of the labels these days. If you don't go platinum, they pull the plug on the tour. Plus, I don't think ticket sales were all that great to begin with. No matter how big the band, going solo is tough.

It's really frustrating. I think with more touring, TGD could go platinum. Scott was just starting to get going with this and just starting to establish himself as a solo artist, and they pulled the plug after two short tours and one music video(and two official singles). I still believe a song like "Surround Me" can become a big hit, and if that were to happen, lots more people would show up to the concerts and lots more people would buy the album. I'm just really irritated with how WU has treated not only Scott, but also Alter Bridge. Here you have all the members of Creed, the band that put WU on the map, and they don't get nearly the promotion or attention they deserve. And I think it all points to one thing: WU is hoping that Creed will get back together if the individuals don't do good enough with their current ventures. But everyone(well, except WU) knows that Creed will never get back together, or at least not for a long time. WU should have just embraced the obvious(like the fans have) and put promotion into AB and Stapp. But instead they didn't and lost AB as a result of it. And they'll probably lose Stapp, too.

Then again, at least Stapp actually got a tour for his album. That's more than 12 Stones can say(they released Potter's Field in '04 and never got an official tour--just maybe 12 shows, tops). I hate WU.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 08-30-2006, 01:36 PM   #17
GregS
USER INFO »

if he even does 1 UK show i'll be happy.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:41 PM   #18
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) And I think it all points to one thing: WU is hoping that Creed will get back together if the individuals don't do good enough with their current ventures. But everyone (well, except WU) knows that Creed will never get back together, or at least not for a long time. WU should have just embraced the obvious (like the fans have) and put promotion into AB and Stapp. But instead they didn't and lost AB as a result of it. And they'll probably lose Stapp, too.

Then again, at least Stapp actually got a tour for his album. That's more than 12 Stones can say (they released Potter's Field in '04 and never got an official tour--just maybe 12 shows, tops). I hate WU.
I agree with this. They seem not to want to actually work to earn their money and would rather rely on what they think is the real cash cow -- Creed. WU is probably hoping that they will come crawling back for the cash when their other endeavours don't measure up to what they made with Creed. I hope they don't. Their getting back together would be for all the wrong reasons and would be viewed by many as just selling out. That's how I'd see it. Sadly, WU has the upper hand. They can wait it out. Who knows if the guys from Creed can?

It's not just labels, either. The reunited Alice In Chains is going through something similar with their management. Jerry Cantrell allegedly has a crapload of solo material ready to go, but management supposedly isn't interested in anything but milking the AIC name for all it can get. If they had any sense, they'd try to promote both, but that would require actual time, effort and resources. I know his last solo effort didn't do well, which is a crying shame, because it's really great, at least IMHO. Roadrunner didn't do shit to promote it and that label also pulled the plug on the leg of the tour what would have been in support of the double album's finally getting released six months after the Reader's Digest version. Jerry wanted a double album in the first place, and RR balked, so he did the 1 CD format. Big mistake. A lot of people, except the real hard-core fans, didn't want to shell out the money after having spent 20 bucks on the first one. The difference between that and the double album is unreal and RR fucked up in the first place by not letting it come out the way Jerry intended. The double album is far superior. It bothers me greatly when these people put so little faith and effort into the artist who is making them money in the first place. They only see what they can get out of it. It's so not a partnership.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:14 PM   #19
titan9
USER INFO »

Yeah, and I hope if Creed ever does reunite, they don't do so under the WU label. That would probably irritate WU which would give the guys some measure of satisfaction. And I'm not sure if they reunited, that it would definitely be for the wrong reasons. If they reunited for, oh, say one final tour to please the fans, I think that'd be a good reason. But just to make more money by continuing the course they went with the Weathered album? Definitely a bad reason. The only way I'd ever want to see Creed reunite is if (1) they aren't doing it for financial reasons (2) the guys really want to get back together writing music(all four of them) and are all committed to the band (3) they will produce a fourth album(the Greatest Hits doesn't count) that is equal to, if not superior to, My Own Prison. None of this radio friendly stuff like on Weathered. But I highly doubt any of this is going to happen, and as it stands, I'm happy with the music AB and Stapp have put out since the break-up. Too bad WU hasn't felt the same.

It seems like RoadRunner and WU are very similiar in a lot of ways. Both will give good promotion to the "top sellers"(Nickelback for RoadRunner, Evanescence for WU[before that it was Creed]) and will ignore everyone else(Cantrell, 12 Stones, Big Dismal, Alter Bridge, Stapp etc. etc.) for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with promoting the "cash-cows". But not at the expense of artists who are still trying to establish themselves. WU has mislead countless artists into thinking that they are all a big "family" and that they are looking out for the bands when, in fact, they don't care about them and won't pay attention to them unless they're the next Creed or Evanescence.

You know what I would love to see happen? I'd love for AB and Stapp to get together and release an album full of Creed's B-sides--independently so WU wouldn't get a dime. Unfortunately, WU probably owns all the songs, so that won't happen. But, still, I'd love to see them both get even with WU for how WU has treated them since the break-up.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #20
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yeah, and I hope if Creed ever does reunite, they don't do so under the WU label. That would probably irritate WU which would give the guys some measure of satisfaction. And I'm not sure if they reunited, that it would definitely be for the wrong reasons. If they reunited for, oh, say one final tour to please the fans, I think that'd be a good reason. But just to make more money by continuing the course they went with the Weathered album? Definitely a bad reason. The only way I'd ever want to see Creed reunite is if (1) they aren't doing it for financial reasons (2) the guys really want to get back together writing music(all four of them) and are all committed to the band (3) they will produce a fourth album(the Greatest Hits doesn't count) that is equal to, if not superior to, My Own Prison. None of this radio friendly stuff like on Weathered. But I highly doubt any of this is going to happen, and as it stands, I'm happy with the music AB and Stapp have put out since the break-up. Too bad WU hasn't felt the same.

It seems like RoadRunner and WU are very similiar in a lot of ways. Both will give good promotion to the "top sellers"(Nickelback for RoadRunner, Evanescence for WU[before that it was Creed]) and will ignore everyone else(Cantrell, 12 Stones, Big Dismal, Alter Bridge, Stapp etc. etc.) for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with promoting the "cash-cows". But not at the expense of artists who are still trying to establish themselves. WU has mislead countless artists into thinking that they are all a big "family" and that they are looking out for the bands when, in fact, they don't care about them and won't pay attention to them unless they're the next Creed or Evanescence.

You know what I would love to see happen? I'd love for AB and Stapp to get together and release an album full of Creed's B-sides--independently so WU wouldn't get a dime. Unfortunately, WU probably owns all the songs, so that won't happen. But, still, I'd love to see them both get even with WU for how WU has treated them since the break-up.

i agree with you, but when AB left wind up didint they get some of the creed stuff to?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #21
J.T.
USER INFO »

Man, I miss Creed. Havent heard anything from alter bridge and the only song I've heard from Scott Stapp is Surround Me, I need to buy his album.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #22
bobben
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) You know what I would love to see happen? I'd love for AB and Stapp to get together and release an album full of Creed's B-sides--independently so WU wouldn't get a dime. Unfortunately, WU probably owns all the songs, so that won't happen. But, still, I'd love to see them both get even with WU for how WU has treated them since the break-up.

Well...every Creed song is registered under Stapp\Tremonti...if Wind Up own the rights, then we would be getting b-sides and live-dvd's like no problem. Everyone knows that Tremonti's done with Creed and won't let anyone release any Creed-material before he is settled solid as a solo artist and not just "the guitar player from Creed".
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:39 PM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »

Honestly, I think the songs are still owned by WU. They probably haven't bothered to release them 'cause they're busy with Evanescence.