++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-17-2006, 06:15 AM   #1051
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

February 17th

"Demonstrate your love for God in your neighborhood.

God commanded us to love. It would have been easier if God had just said, "Run a mile a day," or given us some other physical task. Then we wouldn't have to think about it. We would create a routine of basic action. But God speaks of love as an action that requires our whole selves.

Why must we love God? In the divine plan for those creatures called human, loving God is as essential as breathing is to our physical life. We must breathe. We can make ourselves unable to breathe, or we can refuse to breathe, but now without consequences. We must love God because the alternative, though possible, is unthinkable and unbearable. How tragic that many choose to give "lip service" rather than "lung service" to this basic law of spiritual life. Take a deep breath and ask yourself what specific opportunities you will have today to demonstrate your love for God.

Jesus replied, "The most important commandment is this" 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.' The second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these.

Mark 12:29-31

Love is a fabric that never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the waters of adversity and grief.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 02-18-2006, 06:06 AM   #1052
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 18th

"Open your eyes see the light right in front of you."

Today, we need to stop for a moment to open new eyes to the wonder of God's world. If we will only try to see it through His eyes rather than our own, we will find new beauty that we never noticed before. His is a world of wonder and miracle. Take the time to gaze into the heavens, study a flower, or simply review yourself in a mirror and see through His eyes what you've been missing...

See it?

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psalm 19:1

Do not let the pressures of the day create a cloud that prevents you from seeing His beauty.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 02-19-2006, 08:06 AM   #1053
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 19th

"He Never Changes."

Photographer David Crocket of Seattle's KOMO-TV knows that solid mountains can move. On May 18, 1980, he was at the foot of towering Mount St. Helens when it erupted. For 10 hours he was nearly buried by the falling debris. As the atmosphere cleared, a helicopter pilot spotted him. He was dramatically rescued and flown to a hospital.

Writing about his horrendous experience, he said, "During those 10 hours I saw a mountain fall apart. I saw a forest disappear. . . . I saw that God is the only one who is immovable. . . . I feel somehow that I'm being allowed to start over—whatever is in His master plan for me."

You, O Lord, shall endure forever, and the remembrance of Your name to all generations.

Psalm 102:12

I do not rest on shifting sand,
Or fear the storm that rages;
For calm and sure, I stand secure
Upon the Rock of Ages.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 02-20-2006, 06:17 AM   #1054
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 20th

"Gossip."

Gossip is neither little nor harmless. Its consequences are huge and its damage horrible. Instead, it is much better to be a peacemaker and an offense-mender.

He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.

Proverbs 17:9

Ill deeds are doubled with an evil word.

William Shakespeare

Heaven

Old 02-21-2006, 06:23 AM   #1055
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 21st

"Religious facade."

It is not enough that we try to put on a good front when we are around people we don't like. We need to search our hearts for reconciliation and forgiveness. We need to tap Christ, which heals all hurts and is the source of all patience and tolerance. God is interested in both the words of our mouths and the deepest ponderings of our hearts. To appear Christlike on the surface is never enough. To be Christlike at the core of our being, that is the key.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.

Thomas Babington

Heaven

Old 02-22-2006, 01:08 AM   #1056
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Praise The Lord

WE Can Praise The Lord FOR HE IS WORTH TO BE PRAISED, THE MIGHTY GOD, Even the Lord Hath Spoken And CALLED THE EARTGH FROM THE RISING OF THE SUN Unto The Going Down Therof Out Of Zion The Pefection Of Beauty God Hath Shined Our God Shall Copme And Shall Not Keep Silence A Fire Shall devour before him He Shall Call to the heavens from above and to the earth that he may judge his people Gather My Saints together unto me those that have made a covenant with my Sacrafice And The Heavens Shall Indeed Delcare His Truth And His Righteounsness FOR GOD IS Judge Himself I Will Speak And I Will Testify Against Thee I,am GOD EVEN THY GOD, Pslam 50 , Pslam 45 My Heart Is Inditing A Good Matter i speak of things which i have made touching the king of my tounge is the pen of a ready writer thou art fairer than the children of men grace is poured into thy lips thereof God Hath Blessed Thee Forever GIRD Thy Sword upon upon thy thigh O Most Majesty And In The Majesty Ride Prosperously Because Of Truth And Meekness And All That Is Right And Thy Right Hand Shall Teach Thee Terrible Things Thine Arrows are sharp in the heart of the kings enmies whereby the people FALL UNDER THEE thy throne O GOD is Forever And Ever The Sceptre Of Thy Kingdom Is Right Sceptre Tho Lovest The Rightounsness And Hate The Wicked Therefore GOD THY GOD Hath Anointed thee with oil and gladness, Pslam 42 O My God Please Oh God my soul is cast down within me and why art thou disquietd me hope THOU IN GOD FOR I SHALL YET PRAISE HIM FOR THE HELP OF HIS COUNTENCE my soul has gone down and cast within me therefore will Remembear thee , Deep Calleth Unto Deep At The Noise Of The Water,
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 02-22-2006, 06:16 AM   #1057
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 22nd

"In the beginning we make our habits; in the end our habits make us."

A habit is a pattern of behavior that we follow consistently. Whenever we come to a crossroads in life, what choice do we make? In other words, in what direction will we travel and what habits, which ruts of routine, will we establish? We need to decide prayerfully what habits we will practice. Will our habits be mere ruts of routine?

Paul referred to his life's journey as a race. He learned that the only way to stay the course was to "discipline [his] body and bring it into subjection". That implied establishing a consistent pattern of godly behavior. Good health habits are important, but spiritual disciplines are far more important.

I discipline my body and bring it into subjection.

1 Corinthians 9:27

A habit is just a rut of routine. But good spiritual discipline can transform our ruts into grooves of grace.

Vernon Grounds

Heaven

Old 02-22-2006, 10:28 AM   #1058
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

In Christ There Is a long journey life is of course a journey and not a destanation, and the one thing i myself have learned, you cant LET GOD GO you can let go of everything but you cant let Go of Him Everyday it gets harder without you Lord, the world and the things therof can pass me Oh God just as long You My God My God will meet me head on in the storm or down in the valley i would rather sing and praise You God In The Valley And Feel Your Love And Mercy And Shout And Let It Be Known Than To Rejoice With The Un Godly In And Take Part In False Hood that i can have no part of, Everyday Lord It Gets So Hard To Lift Up Thine Hands And Praise You Everyday Sometimes you dont want us too because you like to lift our hands up for us , who ever does it in those times I Love You Anyway Your Judgements My God My God Your Rule Your Law Your Understanding Message Job 12 V 13.25 With Him Is Wisdom And Strength He Hath counsel and understanding
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 02-23-2006, 06:07 AM   #1059
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 23rd

"God is in charge of the world."

Presidents, kings, and other ruling officials should be honored and prayed for. So wrote the apostles Peter and Paul, who lived under the Roman emperors. But we must never forget that the King of kings and Lord of lords deserves our ultimate honor and complete allegiance.

For the Lord is a great God, the great King above all gods.

Psalm 95:3

When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in power, they groan. A just king gives stability to his nation…

Proverbs 29:2,4

Come, Thou Almighty King,
Help us Thy name to sing,
Help us to praise;
Father! all-glorious,
O'er all victorious,
Come, and reign over us,
Ancient of Days.
Come, Thou Almighty King (v1)

Unknown

Heaven

Old 02-24-2006, 06:05 AM   #1060
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 24th

"God is love."

It's all very simple. God is love. He is its origin, example, and architect. I love because he loved me first. I know how to love because he has demonstrated it. I can love because he made me to have his likeness. He is the fountain, the motivation, and the pinnacle of love. I love because he does, first, last, and always.

We love because [God] first loved us.

1 John 4:19

Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.

Mother Theresa

Heaven

Old 02-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #1061
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Praise The Love Of The Lord

For i was an hungered and ye gave me meat, i was thirsty and ye gave me drink i was a stranger and you took me in, naked and ye clothed me i was sick and ye visted me i was in prison and ye came unto me then shall the righteous awnser him saying Lord when when saw we thee hungered and fed thee or thirsty and gave thee drink when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in ? or naked and clothed thee? or when we saw thee sick or in prison and came unto thee ? and the king shall awnser and say unto theme verliy i say unto unto you inasmuch as ye have done it unto me matt.25.35.40
Old 02-25-2006, 06:11 AM   #1062
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 25th

"Love is simple?"

Some things are just not very complicated. Living for Jesus can be boiled down to two principles: love God with everything I am and have, and love others and treat them as I would like to be treated. Not too hard to understand. I guess it's living it that is the challenge!

Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.

Matthew 22:37-39

Love is fire. But whether it's gonna warm your heart or burn your house down you can never tell.

Jason Jordan

Heaven

Old 02-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #1063
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

The Fire Burns FOR THE GODLY, And Causes Earthquakes And Tremblings To Protect That Which Is His, It Can Warm Your heart, THE ALL MIGHTY BURNING FIRE, will change things and destroy chains and strong holds as if they were plastic houses AMEN, THE LORD MY HELPER, I WILL EXTOL THEE O LORD THOU, FOR I KNOW My Foes Will Not Rejoice OVER ME, I,am The ROCK AND YOUR WORD WILL I STAND, O Lord My God I Cried untothee And Thou Hast Healed Me Thou Has Brought My Soul Up From The Grave Again And Again Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Up Down Up Down For Many Shall Say Where Is This GOD And What Has He done for you, Some Would Say We May Run FROM HIS MAJESTY, but thou has kept me alive that i should not go down in the pit SING unto The Lord And Give Thanks At The Remembrance Of His HOLINESS And His Wisdom And Glory Divine For his anger endureth but a moment in HIS Favour Is Life Weeping May Endure For A Night But Joy Cometh In The Morning And In My Prospertiy I Said I Shall Never Be Moved , Pslam 30, For Thus Saith The Lord Of Host Yet Once It Is A Little while i will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land i will fill the house with Glory Saith The Lord Of Host The Silver Is Mine The Gold Is Mine THe Glory Of This Latter House Shall Be Greater Than The Former And This Place Will I Give Peace To All My Saints NO GIFT OF GLORY AND NO GIFT IS MORE PRECIOUS THAN SILVER AND GOLD, THIS IS MINE LOVE Haggai, Ch.2.6.9
Old 02-26-2006, 09:26 AM   #1064
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

February 26th

"Your Snake?"

We experience temptation every day. Jesus himself was tempted in every way, yet his temptation did not lead to sin. It is not a sin to be tempted, but to prevent temptation from becoming sin, we must use all the resources God gives us to recognize, resist, and flee the situation. Since Jesus knows what it is like to be tempted, we can turn to him in all honesty when we're having a battle with temptation. Have you talked with him lately about potential situations that would be difficult for you?

This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the temptations we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.

Hebrews 4:15-16

But remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it.

1 Corinthians 10:13

I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Mae West

Heaven

Old 02-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #1065
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Praise The Lord For He Is Worthy To Be Praised

THE FRAILTY OF MAN, MAN That Is Born Of A Woman is of a few days and full of trouble He Cometh Forth Like A Flowetr And Is Cut down he fleeth also as a shadow and continueth not and dost thou open thine eyes upon such an one and bringest me in to judgment with thee? who can bring a clean thing out of unclean not one seeing his days are determinded the number of his months are with thee thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass turn from him that he may rest till he shall accoplish as hireling his day. FOR THERE IS HOPE OF A TREE IF IT BE CUT DOWN THAT IT WILL SPROUT AGAIN AND THAT THE TENDER BRANCH THEREOF WILL NOT CEASE THOUGH THE ROOT THEREOF WAX OLD IN THE EARTH AND THE STOCK THEREOF DIE IN THE GROUND !!!!!!! YET THROUGH THE SCENT OF WATER IT WILL BUD AND BRING FORTH BOUGHS LIKE A PLANT BUT A MAN DIETH And Wateth Away Yea A Man giveth and where he is as the waters fail from the sea and the flood decayeth and drieth up so man lieth down and riseth not till the heavens be no more they shall not awake nor be raised out of their skeep o that thou wouldest hide me in the grave that thou wouldest keep me a secret untill thy wrath past that thou wouldest appint me a set time and remember me if a man die shall he live again all the days of a apponited time will i wait till my change come Thou Shalt Call And I Will Anwser THEE THOU WILT HAVE A DESIRE TO THE WORK OF THINE HANDS For Now Thou Numbers My Steps Dost Thou Not Whatch Over My Sins.... job 14 Message st Mark John did babtize in the wilderness and preach the babtism of repentance for the remisson of sins and there went out unto him all the land of judaea and they of jerusalem and were all babtized of him in the river of jordan confessing their sins and john was clothed with nothing but camels hair and with a girdle of a skin about his loins and he did eat locust and wild honey AND PREACHED SAYING THERE COMETH ONE MIGHTIER THAN I OF WHOSE SHOES I,AM NOT WORTHY TO FILL indeed have babtize you with water BUT HE SHALL Babtize You With Fire And THe Holy Ghost and by love were we all saved and babtised HIS SPIRT BE OF LOVE NO LOVE GREATER AND BY HIS BLOOD ALL OUR SINS BE WHASHED AWAY Like A Great And Mighty Flood For this is the blood of my new testament Love One Another The Way the way i have loved you