++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-10-2004, 08:44 PM   #1
theironhorse
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
sd#202

Sunday Dispatch #202

How does peace come about? Through a system of political
treaties? Through the investment of capital in different countries? Through the big banks, through money?
Or through universal peaceful rearmament in order to guarantee peace?

Through none of these, for the single reason that in all of them peace is confused with safety. There is no way to peace along the way to safety. For peace must be dared. It is the great venture. It can never be safe.

Peace is the opposite of security.

To demand guarantees is to mistrust, and this mistrust in turn brings forth war. To look for guarantees is to want to protect yourself.

Peace means to give oneself to the law of God, wanting no security, but in faith...

~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Old 10-10-2004, 09:22 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
peace confused with saftey HAHA i like that Peace is the opposite of securtiy~~ With Out In Securtiy We Never Find Peace~~ With Out Confusion There Can Be No Understanding~~Some Ask Why Some Ask What Have I Done Wrong~~And Your Anwsers Comes From The Inside Not What You See In Front Of You Not In The World Not Even Those Who Preach Of Peace Its False The Only Real Peace Comes From Inside You Your,re temple Its There At Times We Over Look It But That Peace If Its Found ITS NOT OF THIS WORLD The Prince Of Peace Is Not Of This World The More You Find You Find Peace Within Yourself The More In Secure You Will Feel Because Again We Live In The World Faith Will Keep You SAFE
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 10-11-2004, 09:04 PM   #3
whitebird
USER INFO »
Your post makes me stop and think, but as my mind is tired tonight, I must pause.

He is correct in that peace cannot be bought. Peace is something that is born within you, but if you are strong enough, and wise enough, you can teach it others.

There have been those in our history with the knowledge and the skill, but they have not survived our world.

Look to the peacemakers, protect them and learn their ways, they are our only hope.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:50 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
Your Right you can stick pins in my eyes and i would not stop me from standing up in what i believe in, or kill me or whatever
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 10-12-2004, 03:36 PM   #5
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
~Matt. 5:9
Old 10-12-2004, 10:01 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »