++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-30-2005, 02:38 PM   #16
SummerGirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yes and that's a very good point, but my point was that the break-up was still fresh back in August of last year. Creed was still rather fresh as well. Fast forward 18 months, and a lot of people have probably forgotten about Creed(they've essentially been replaced on Pop radio by the likes of Nickelback and 3 Doors Down) and the break-up. My point was that AB had the benefit of the break-up announcement and the publicity, while Stapp, because he waited so long to put this album out, did not.

I was simply adding to the food for thought idea.

My friend has suggested for over a year now that Creed was on its death rattle...the high schoolers are in college now...the soccer moms have moved on too...and the rockers are still there supporting either side or both. I agree with you on that point.

As far as the break up of Creed...again, it didn't rattle too many cages. I have repeatedly talked to people in lines or surrounding the concert venue or at an Alter Bridge concert (or, in everyday life) and the majority did not know that AB was even part of Creed. Many still don't know that Creed broke up!

AB did not claim the former Creed stuff...Wind-up tried, but Mark didn't embrace it...the media would constantly mention it during interviews etc.

Throwing back to the original idea here, the ties to Creed was probably harmful to AB if anything.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:42 PM   #17
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessmike) TGD First week sales as posted at pbf:

#19 with 91,158 Sales

A little slower than I expected with all the promotion, but I still think TGD will do well. Before you ask AB moved 95,000 first week...

Actually it was 94,998, but then I'm a stickler for details. Also consider that it was released in August, not the busiest shopping month of the year...especially for music.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:01 PM   #18
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SummerGirl) I was simply adding to the food for thought idea.

My friend has suggested for over a year now that Creed was on its death rattle...the high schoolers are in college now...the soccer moms have moved on too...and the rockers are still there supporting either side or both. I agree with you on that point.

As far as the break up of Creed...again, it didn't rattle too many cages. I have repeatedly talked to people in lines or surrounding the concert venue or at an Alter Bridge concert (or, in everyday life) and the majority did not know that AB was even part of Creed. Many still don't know that Creed broke up!

AB did not claim the former Creed stuff...Wind-up tried, but Mark didn't embrace it...the media would constantly mention it during interviews etc.

Throwing back to the original idea here, the ties to Creed was probably harmful to AB if anything.

Gotcha, then. It's true, WU did try to really use the Creed name to promote AB. I don't think that hurt them, though. I mean, it might have hurt them in the sense that some radio stations will avoid playing them because 3/4 of AB was in Creed, but I don't think it hurt their sales. If anything, I think it helped(the sales) because Creed was popular in the general music public's(not critics) eyes. Otherwise, Creed would have not sold 30+ million albums.

AB definitely didn't embrace the "former Creed members" stuff. That was evident from the interviews they did.

You're dead on about a lot of people not knowing that Creed broke up. It didn't get the publicity that it deserved.

I'd just like to add that it's nice to see new members around here who make good points and do so in a respectful manner, without attacking anyone.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-30-2005, 03:11 PM   #19
SummerGirl
USER INFO »
Titan9...thank you for the welcome. I like this board and enjoy reading the "discussions."

We are all here for the same reason the love of music.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:21 PM   #20
facelessmike
USER INFO »
[quote=SummerGirl]I was simply adding to the food for thought idea.

QUOTE]

A good assessment! It seems that other than the 100k or so die hards that continue to really support them, the overwhelming majority of Creed fans were of the casual variety that may have moved on. Who knows if either AB or Stapp will ever even go platinum again?...I certainly hope so.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:46 PM   #21
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SummerGirl) Titan9...thank you for the welcome. I like this board and enjoy reading the "discussions."

We are all here for the same reason the love of music.

Exactly. This has got to be the best Creed/Alter Bridge/Stapp board on the internet. It is superbly moderated and the vast majority of the people on here are polite and friendly. I've been to other Creed/AB/Stapp boards, and have never felt comfortable at those boards. But here, I feel comfortable enough to post on a daily basis. That says a lot, considering there are really only three boards I post at on a daily basis: this one and a couple of fan site boards that I Admin(see my sig).

Lately, there have been some new members who haven't acted politely, such as the two or three that were banned a few weeks ago for flaming members of the board. So it's a breath of fresh air when a new member comes along and discusses things intelligently and respectfully. You're one of those new members and so is IAmFilthy. I enjoy reading posts by both of you, because you both pretty much always have good points, even though I might occasionally disagree.

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessmike) A good assessment! It seems that other than the 100k or so die hards that continue to really support them, the overwhelming majority of Creed fans were of the casual variety that may have moved on. Who knows if either AB or Stapp will ever even go platinum again?...I certainly hope so.

I agree. I'd venture to say that the vast majority of those who bought Creed albums don't care for the band or its members anymore. I think both AB and Stapp could eventually go platinum, but only if they get enough promotion and radio play. It should be interesting to see how the other singles from TGD fare, as well as the singles from AB's new CD, when that one comes out.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:10 PM   #22
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Wait, hold on, Titan9 is agreeing with my long held opinion that Creed has is and will be forgotten? wow... lol
Old 11-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »
Most, if not all, of the stuff that is currently popular will be forgotten in 5, 10, 20 years. Only the legendary artists/bands are remembered. You know, bands like the Beatles, U2, the Rolling Stones etc. Creed wasn't legendary and I don't think I ever claimed that they were. They were, however, a darn good band that made some good music together. They'll be remembered by Creed fans for a long, long time, but forgotten about by most of the general music public.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:18 AM   #24
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
^So where were you when we were having this argument a week or two ago?!? lol
Old 12-01-2005, 10:21 AM   #25
titan9
USER INFO »
Did we have that argument a week ago? Point me to the thread, because my brain must not be working properly.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:23 AM   #26
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Working W/ Goneblind thread... people kept saying how Creed would be remembered for years to come by everyone and I was attempting to show them the error of their ways... heh
Old 12-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #27
titan9
USER INFO »
But did I say that they'd be remembered for years to come by everyone? I post so much that I forget about it within a few days.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #28
SummerGirl
USER INFO »
So, did the numbers come in? Guess I'm being lazy, but I really don't know where to look other than a google search. Thanks!
Old 12-02-2005, 03:01 PM   #29
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Exactly. This has got to be the best Creed/Alter Bridge/Stapp board on the internet. It is superbly moderated and the vast majority of the people on here are polite and friendly. I've been to other Creed/AB/Stapp boards, and have never felt comfortable at those boards. .

well, I can think of ONE AB board that's pretty darn cool...*looks over shoulder for Steve*

but, yeah, I like this board...very civil...
Old 12-02-2005, 03:03 PM   #30
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, definitely. I mean, there's always going to be a member or two who is the exception to the rule, but the admin/mods here do a good job of getting rid of the distructive members.

You're referring to Abb.net's board, right? I think I registered there, but I've never really taken the time to read it and decide if I'd feel comfortable there. I am registered at PBF, but I don't post, I just read. So far, I haven't felt comfortable enough there to post.