++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-01-2003, 10:12 PM   #1
star69
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed Rocks The Spectrum

The Philly show went off without a hitch. The band sounded great and Scott was full of life and emotion on stage. The show had more energy then the show I saw at the Meadowlands back in July. The Meadowlands show in NJ was great however the Philly gig was much more intense. It almost seemed that Scott had realized how bad things were in Chicago and was going all out not to disappoint anyone, especially his band members. Creed didn't take the stage until 10:30 and up until the opening song (Bullets) there was sort of a weird vibe going through the arena. I could overhear people taking about what happened in Chicago and I think word sort of spread to enough people that the mood before the show was a bit subdued. I for one did not know what to expect and was hoping for a decent show. As I stated earlier the show was awesome. My only criticism was the shortened setlist. Songs such as...."What's This Life For", "Stand", "Don't Stop Dancing" and "Lullaby" were excluded which made the set under 2 hours. Other then that I can't say enough positive things about their performance.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:16 PM   #2
Debs4Creed
USER INFO »
I wouldn't really call it a shortened set list with all the other things that happened during the show they aren't usually aloud to play past 11 in philly the exteded time limit was still in place for Nye so they had to fit it all in somehow What's this Life For was on the set list but they just ran out of time
Old 01-01-2003, 10:18 PM   #3
Triple_Six
USER INFO »
Currently:
CLICK CLICK BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.druglordsgame.com/index.php?ref=110418
Old 01-01-2003, 10:23 PM   #4
star69
USER INFO »
I'm sure it was a logistics issue however these song were part of the NJ Meadowlands setlist. The promoter should have cut the opening band out. 2 opening bands is too much to begin with. If they had done that they would have had more time to play a complete set. Hey I'm not complaining I'm just greatful we didn't have to go through a Chicago experience.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:25 PM   #5
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Creed Rocks The Spectrum

Quote: Originally posted by star69
<b>Songs such as...."What's This Life For", "Stand", "Don't Stop Dancing" and "Lullaby" were excluded which made the set under 2 hours. &nbsp;Other then that I can't say enough positive things about their performance. </b>
Star69, you are right, the show was excellent. But Stand Here With Me, DSD and Lullaby haven't been included on the set lists of the last dozen or so shows. WTLF was the only one missing from the set that they have been doing, but to me, Ode made up for it.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-01-2003, 10:25 PM   #6
Weathered
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Triple_Six
CLICK CLICK BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.druglordsgame.com/index.php?ref=110418

uhh yeah...right
Old 01-01-2003, 10:55 PM   #7
Debs4Creed
USER INFO »
why should they cut an opener the just added 3 days before to to fit in a few songs they have played over and over on this tour when we got so many much more special things I saw 7 shows this tour and the set list had slight differences at at least 4 of them I just don't understand how anyone can find faul in what they gave us last night
Old 01-01-2003, 11:00 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I sure as heck can't. I can't tell you how stoked I was to hear Ode live. That was my first time hearing it and I went nuts. It's one of my favorite songs. I also think Mark and Flip's solos added so much to songs like What If and Say I. Say I friggin rocked the house, as did What If. It was the best I'd ever heard those songs played. "One" just about shook the roof off the Spectrum. It was the best show of the four I saw, hands down.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:01 PM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Debs4Creed
why should they cut an opener the just added 3 days before to to fit in a few songs they have played over and over on this tour
I agree Deb, I'm glad they didn't cut SubmerseD, they were really good!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-07-2003, 01:44 PM   #10
star69
USER INFO »
God forbid you should post anything slightly negative on this board about the band. The show was great and I would go again but for 75.00 I'd like to see a full 2 hour set. It' my opinion, right or wrong. Each to his own I guess. Everyone is so quick to jump down your thoat on this board when you make the slightest negative remark. It's no surprise that the message board on the bands official site was shut down.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:07 PM   #11
creedfan
USER INFO »
I do agree with you Star, I was hoping for a longer set list at the Chicago show as well.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:12 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hey, Star69, take a chill pill already. People were just posting their opinions, and like you, they are all entitled to them. What, we have to agree with everything posted on this board? I don't think so. Besides, they haven't had a full two-hour set yet, at least from the four shows I saw, including NYE, and that has been since August. They typically play about and hour and a half to an hour and 40 minutes. I'm sure some of that was due to Scott's vocal troubles of late as well. I paid $85 for my pit ticket and I'd do it all over again. I enjoyed the opening bands. You never know when you are going to see the next Creed. It was a cool way to spend New Year's Eve and pretty standard price-wise for NYE celebrations. We didn't get food or drink, but I think we got quite a bit of bang for the buck.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:15 PM   #13
creedfan
USER INFO »
Dogstar, I beleive their My Own Prison and even some Human Clay concerts a few years back were two hours solid, I have some of those shows in MP3 format.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:17 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That may be, Creedfan, but I'm just saying they haven't been playing that long this time out. I''d have loved two hours or more, but with the voice problems Scott Stapp has had of late, I didn't expect any more than an hour and a half.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:18 PM   #15
creedfan
USER INFO »
Yeah, I agree. I think they were just happy to get through this tour.