++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-28-2004, 02:55 PM   #1
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Rolling Stone article about break-up

Here is the article that Rolling Stone had about the break-up. I thought that RS would have had a larger article and was looking forward to receiving the issue. (It's in the issue dated July 8-22)

Creed Call It Quits

After almost ten years and more than 30 milion albums sold, Creed have broken up. "The reasons weren't musical, they were personal," says guitartist Mark Tremonti. "My relationship with Scott [Stapp] wasn't comfortable anymore. When we finally got together to play, nothing was happening. Scott would just sit there and not interact." Stapp, who declined to comment, is working on a solo album, and Tremointi has formed a new band, Alter Bridge, with Creed's two other original members. Says Tremonti, "This is the band that we plan to retire with."

Last edited by Shadow : 06-28-2004 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:28 PM   #2
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
quite low key compaired to everything else that was put out there...

interesting quote:

Quote: Says Tremonti, "This is the band that we plan to retire with"

brings back a lot of similar quotes i've read over the years...'nuff said.

thanks for posting the article...

DISCLAIMER: This is nothing more than MY OPINION

~Ann~
Old 06-28-2004, 03:39 PM   #3
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: Creed Call It Quits

"The reasons weren't musical, they were personal," says guitartist Mark Termonti. "My relationship with Scott [Stapp] wasn't comfortable anymore. When we finally got together to play, nothing was happening. Scott would just sit there and not interact." Stapp, who declined to comment, is working on a solo album, and Tremointi has formed a new band, Alter Bridge, with Creed's two other original members. Says Tremonti, "This is the band that we plan to retire with."

thanks for posting this Shadow

Interesting....can't help but notice that finger again....

"scott would just sit there, scott wouldn't interact, scott spent too much time on the phone, scott didn't want to go the same route as we did musically, scott didn't want to tour as much as the rest of us, scott eats cheesecake and likes leather pants, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott..............

eta...my disclaimer also...

disclaimer....this too is only my opinion on what I see when I read any interviews done by Mark and AB. And please...don't try to change my opinion...it's mine and it's not going away LOL!

Last edited by OneOmerta : 06-28-2004 at 03:42 PM. Reason: had to add my disclaimer...
Old 06-28-2004, 03:55 PM   #4
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) thanks for posting this Shadow

"scott would just sit there, scott wouldn't interact, scott spent too much time on the phone, scott didn't want to go the same route as we did musically, scott didn't want to tour as much as the rest of us, scott eats cheesecake and likes leather pants, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott, scott..............

disclaimer....this too is only my opinion on what I see when I read any interviews done by Mark and AB. And please...don't try to change my opinion...it's mine and it's not going away LOL!
I agree I think that it is smart that Scott remains silent about the break up right know because this is getting really low down and messy those of us who were loyal fans of Creed do not need to know all of this personal information, its not our business.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:55 PM   #5
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well at least they spelled Mark's last name right once.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-28-2004, 05:33 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) thanks for posting this Shadow

[/b]

You know, you might consider that Scott just wanted to move on. Maybe he felt he accomplished all he could do with Creed, maybe he had personal issues, whatever. I don't see this so much as Mark pointing a finger. I think, regardless of his motives or his spin, that he was just trying to explain what the deal was. It happens to a lot of bands. They can grow apart, musically and personally. Their lives change, they have other goals or desires, or they get sucked into the whole substance abuse cycle (I'm NOT making any inference here whatsoever; I'm talking generalities).
Old 06-28-2004, 05:53 PM   #7
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: You know, you might consider that Scott just wanted to move on

ya know, dogstar, that might be exactly what happend..if this was so...well good for stapp, he knows what's best for him. I bet when he does start to push his project, that he will focus on what he is doing now...not what/who/why Creed disbanded.

unfortunately, all the references to him by his former band mate/friend make it look like finger pointing whether that is his intention or not...as was stated...that "stuff" (whatever personality clashes, or personal issues he had) is not the business of the general public, nor the fans...period.

They should have focused on AB and their plans for this band from the very first interview...
Old 06-28-2004, 06:32 PM   #8
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Hmmmmmmm........

"This is the band that we plan to retire with."

Hope that statement doesn't come back to haunt them someday.

Why can't they just say.....things didn't click, we wanted different things, we wanted to go in different directions. It appears that all of those statements are basically true. They continue to point their finger in Stapp's direction. HE DID IT....IT'S ALL HIS FAULT! For every person who thinks they are being honest to a fault with their fans...there are others that think they are being A-class jerks. There were once pals....even if they think Stapp wasn't as committed as they were....why can't they just support the guy and hope that he does well and is happy in whatever he chooses to do.....I would guess that Stapp would do the same....

DISCLAIMER: This is MY opinion, and is not expected to be shared here....it is ONLY my opinion and should be taken as no more than that.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:36 PM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Going out on a limb here, but IMO, Stapp must be loving this. Here are many of the fans of Creed now seeming to take sides, and the more interviews that the media do with AB, and the more the fans pick apart each and every comment, the more the fans who liked Scott more than the rest can say it was everyone else's fault and Scott was dissed. And the less Scott says on his behalf, the more it makes Mark and Flip look like the bad guys. I am one who is not taking sides, so no one better give me any crap but I have to laugh at those who are picking apart everything that ever came out of Mark's mouth or Scott's mouth to see how what they said back then predicted their future. I think, at this point, Scott's keeping quiet for a very good reason. Again, just my .

Old 06-28-2004, 06:37 PM   #10
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
How does the statement "This is the band we plan to retire with" make Mark point his finger at Stapp? I'm really confused here?

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-28-2004, 06:44 PM   #11
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) How does the statement "This is the band we plan to retire with" make Mark point his finger at Stapp? I'm really confused here?

Trying to make two points there Steve. After the line "I hope this statement doesn't come back to haunt them"... I was simply commenting on how what they are saying comes across. They are free to say whatever they want in whatever manner they wish......but some people just don't think they are being very classy in the way they are treating somebody they spent 8 years of their life with....and used to call a friend.

DISCLAIMER: This is just MY opinion and nothing else. No one is expected to share that opinion.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:49 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion)
unfortunately, all the references to him by his former band mate/friend make it look like finger pointing whether that is his intention or not...as was stated...that "stuff" (whatever personality clashes, or personal issues he had) is not the business of the general public, nor the fans...period.

They should have focused on AB and their plans for this band from the very first interview...

Well, it think it was natural for people, fans and the media, to ask why the breakup happened, given that it was announced (by design or whatever) so close to the news of the new band. Had this been announced months earlier and dissected and digested, there would be much more talk about AB's plans. But it didn't happen that way.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:50 PM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
There are always two sides to every story, and as long as Stapp remains quiet with his version of events, everyone is just going to assume things. And we all know what happens when people assume, right??? We should just stop with the assumptions that Mark and Flip turned their back on Scott, or that Scott turned his back on Mark and Flip. I don't believe any of us will EVER know exactly what happened, nor should we. It's none of our business really and if you don't want to listen to AB because you feel Scott was disrespected, then don't. If you don't want to listen to Scott because you feel he was disrespectful to Mark and Flip, don't. But all these assumptions are making people look like asses.

Old 06-28-2004, 06:58 PM   #14
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Going out on a limb here, but IMO, Stapp must be loving this.

LOL...have no idea what stapp is thinking about this...but i will say...that there is an old saying "Give 'em enough rope and they will hang themselves"...so why should he say anything...seems they are doing quite well on their own...

Quote: "This is the band we plan to retire with"

i believe the "finger pointing comments" were made in reguards to the main body of the post, and yes, they were there albeit a bit more subtle...this particular quote is not about finger pointing, as much as it is about deja vu... it is very similar to some of the comments made in many early Creed interviews...about how they would be together 20 years from their conception...etc....there are many parallels...

what remains to be seen is down the road...when they are playing the arena shows again...and i have a feeling that won't be too far off, despite the claim of playing small clubs...too many left over Creed fans to do that...just how things work out...touring continousley and the unexpected parts of life begin to sneak in and responsibilities need to be faced...wonder if they will remember the last time it happend?

Musicians need to pace themselves like marathon runners...too many find out too late that they should be careful for what they wish for...

DISCLAIMER: my opinion..like it or not...at least it's mine...

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 06-28-2004 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:01 PM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
of course they want to retire with... who's the musician that likes to fail and keep moving bands? do you think Billy Corgan is happy that his 3 last bands didn't happen?

When they were with Creed, Mark, Stapp and Flip made comments that they wanted to play in Creed until they were old and bald...

I don't see any finger pointing too, Steve.

And yet, we have that quote from Stapp during the Sony interview: "The day I think we, as band, can't grow any better, that's when I'll quit!" or something to that extent. I'm not twisting any meaning here... So I'll say "Hey, it was prophetical... Stapp had planned to quit Creed a long time ago!" ??? Hell no... he never implied that. And I'm sorry, but even if I push it really hard, I won't understand that he planned the break-up a long time ago.

And I don't get why a few people don't point their fingers at Flip either. He's part of AB too. Or you think he was brainwashed by evil Mark ?

We should be happy nothing worse happened and we get new material from both sides, no need to take one.

DISCLAIMER: Is this disclaimer thing a PBF thing? My opinion, my opinion, my opinion!!! LOL! sorry, but I really think this disclaimer thing is funny. I hope you don't take it as I'm trying to offend you because I'm really not.