++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #1
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Rediscovering "The Joshua Tree"

Music is supposed to make you feel. When you put on a record, you are supposed to take a breath and enjoy the ride. Today, so much commercial crap is put out on the market. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm sure Ashlee Simpson's "Biography" just puts goosebumps through your soul, but what I'm saying is -- lately, we get more quantity over quality.

So, when I popped in U2's masterpiece "The Joshua Tree" in this afternoon -- and, God, it's been so long! -- imagine how I felt letting those first few minutes of "Where the Streets Have No Name" play as I slowly drifted into it. The emotion, the feelings, the soundscapes, all superb. Not only were U2 starting to evolve their "signature sound" a bit, but they were also working with one of the greatest producers alive: Daniel Lanois.

I listened to the entire thing today, and then hit the repeat button, and have let it play for the last 8 hours. It's perfect, it really is. See for yourself; rediscover this record for yourself. Its time-testing and classic-ness will never be reproduced. Just see for yourself.

-Andrew
Old 06-01-2005, 02:09 AM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
Dude, I'm not that big on U2, particularly their more recent stuff, but The Joshua Tree is an amazing album, definitely one of my favorites, definitely worth the 10 or 12 bucks i spent on it a couple years ago (I actually bought it, in my pre-downloading days, because "Bullet the Blue Sky" was on P.O.D.'s The Fundamental Elements of Southtown, among my more favorite and, IMO, more well-done covers that I have..... plus, I remembered having heard Where the Streets Have No Name (a simply amazing intro), With or Without You, and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For...... yep, definitely a kick-ass album!

Old 06-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #3
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
I've only got their two greatest hits collection thus far....i know very bad of me!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 06-01-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I still listen to the Joshua Tree regularly. It's my favorite U2 album, along with War.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:14 AM   #5
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
I rediscovered that album about a year ago. I just felt it had this freedom vibe and a release vibe too. I lost my voice (I am a singer, couldnt sing for 1 year 4months) and i listened to it constantly. It brought alot of healing.

thanks for your post

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 06-06-2005, 06:46 AM   #6
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Well, I'm a huge U2 fan. I grew up listen to Bono and the guys.They were my first favorite band (of course the second one is Creed) and I have all their cds. Joshua Tree is one of my favorites, the others are Auchtung Baby and War. The only one I dlslike it's Pop(but its easy coz even Bono said they disliked it! lol)
But coming back to The Joshua Tree album...there are a lot of special songs. "Where the streets have no name"...WOW. This song is probably my favorite, cause I don't have words to describe it. But the entire album is Great! Amazing Album!
Hoping I can see U2 concert again next year... It would be Great...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 06-11-2005, 06:06 AM   #7
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) Music is supposed to make you feel. When you put on a record, you are supposed to take a breath and enjoy the ride. Today, so much commercial crap is put out on the market. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm sure Ashlee Simpson's "Biography" just puts goosebumps through your soul, but what I'm saying is -- lately, we get more quantity over quality.

So, when I popped in U2's masterpiece "The Joshua Tree" in this afternoon -- and, God, it's been so long! -- imagine how I felt letting those first few minutes of "Where the Streets Have No Name" play as I slowly drifted into it. The emotion, the feelings, the soundscapes, all superb. Not only were U2 starting to evolve their "signature sound" a bit, but they were also working with one of the greatest producers alive: Daniel Lanois.

I listened to the entire thing today, and then hit the repeat button, and have let it play for the last 8 hours. It's perfect, it really is. See for yourself; rediscover this record for yourself. Its time-testing and classic-ness will never be reproduced. Just see for yourself.

-Andrew

I am a total U2 fan both old and new the Joshua Tree is a Beautiful work of art it is also the 2nd most selling album from the 80's (just behind Michael Jackson)

I would say one of my favorite tracks off that album is Exit it still gives me goosebumps

Lyrically Pop was amazing beautiful lyrics on that album I have all the U2 CD's and singles and so on and so on I think at last count I had over 75 CD'd of U2

even the one they did w/ Brian Eno released under the name "Passengers"

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 06-11-2005 at 06:10 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:22 PM   #8
scrit
USER INFO »
I just bought this cd today because of all the hype that it has. I listened to the whole thing through, and...wow it is amazing. I read the lyrics while listening to where the streets have no name, and it gave me chills (few songs do).

-U2
Old 06-23-2005, 11:48 PM   #9
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by scrit) I just bought this cd today because of all the hype that it has. I listened to the whole thing through, and...wow it is amazing. I read the lyrics while listening to where the streets have no name, and it gave me chills (few songs do).

ROCK HARD!!!