++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-08-2003, 05:16 PM   #31
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Of course Jimi... I mean who esle?
Other good ones...

Joe Satriani (tequinique-wise he's unparalled, he's Kirk's teacher too)
Jimmi Page
Adam Jones from Tool
Tom Morello
Old 03-08-2003, 06:27 PM   #32
Marty
USER INFO »
Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Mark Tremonti...umm...Carlos Santana. Thats all I can think of right off.

And I don't consider Eddie Van Halen the best guitarist. He's one of the best shredders but as far as guitar goes...no.
________
BrandyHorny cam

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:02 PM   #33
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Satriani´s concert is good?

I know he´s good, but a friend of mine went to his concert, said it´s kinda boring... he´s coming again, I was wondering if I should go or not
Old 03-08-2003, 10:20 PM   #34
Tremonti_Cobain
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by C-Dogg
I'm torn between Tremonti and Kurt Cobain.  

Really?! Kurt Cobain?! I mean, i love nirvana but I think that cobain was very far from being the best... but of course, this just my opnion...
Old 03-08-2003, 11:50 PM   #35
jango
USER INFO »
Satriani lacks emotion. It's one thing to listen to say, Pearl Jam () and feel actual emotion from a solo in say, Alive. However, all I get from Satriani is "I went to college and learned how to do this on the guitar... isn't it cool?" No emotion = apathy.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 03-09-2003, 04:31 PM   #36
C-Dogg
USER INFO »
Quote: Really?! Kurt Cobain?! I mean, i love nirvana but I think that cobain was very far from being the best... but of course, this just my opnion...

Yeah Cobain! If you lived near hokey little Aberdeen Washington (where he spent his whole childhood) and been to all the places he has, have met members of his family and know pretty much everything about his childhood, you can't help but love him. It is a much better connection when you're right there where he was and can really get in depth.

Old 03-09-2003, 06:50 PM   #37
jango
USER INFO »
Cobain's an icon, don't get me wrong, but his guitar work was anything but admirable. It was all fairly basic, but original, nonetheless, for its time. Listen to the "solo" in SLTS, it's just the melody of the song, nothing new.

Cobain's an awesome musician and lyricist, but as a guitarist, I don't think he's anything past just plain good.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 03-09-2003, 07:48 PM   #38
Tremonti_Cobain
USER INFO »
I agrre with Jango, love his lyrics, but his guitar work is really basic
Old 03-09-2003, 08:28 PM   #39
C-Dogg
USER INFO »
Lets just put it this way guys.

I like him. I like his music. I think he's good. End of story. Now drop the subjuct.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:27 PM   #40
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
any 5 year-old can play Nirvana´s songs on guitar...they´re pretty easy
Old 03-09-2003, 09:38 PM   #41
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
cobain is an icon and a icon on the guitar. He was simple but yet effective. If you look at what was going before him (pop hair metal) with all the solos and guitar junk, then look at him and what Nirvana and the other rock band (commonly dubed "grundge" bands) of that era, his playing match that of what was going on that is why he is an icon but not a legend.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:59 PM   #42
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
but being an icon doesn´t make him the best guitarist ever. Santana is one of the best and he´s far from being an icon... at least in the same level of Cobain
Old 03-09-2003, 10:52 PM   #43
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I like him. I like his music. I think he's good. End of story. Now drop the subjuct.

Nobody here said they didn't like him, in fact, it was just the opposite. I agree with jango as well. It was his writing and his voice that touched me much more than his guitar playing. The guy is an icon, no question. I'm a huge Nirvana fan, but Cobain was no virtuoso. He was a good guitarist, no question, but to say he's better than Hendrix or Page or Morello....well he just doesn' t compare to them.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:55 PM   #44
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
the same goes for Elvis
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-10-2003, 10:24 PM   #45
jango
USER INFO »

Okay, we'll drop it.

Yeah, right.

First rule of Fight Club, don't take things so personal. You have an opinion, I have a (superior) opinion. End of story. Allow the discussion to perpetuate.