++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-12-2004, 12:08 PM   #46
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) Jooji, you know you're starting to piss me off with your nonsense as much as I'm probably pissing others off for continueing to reply to you! .. and yes, I think you're only defending stapp because you're enamored. I just didn't mean enamored the way you thought I meant it.. jeez.

I never came hear to bash Stapp.. I just chimed in that I agreed with part of the first post about not liking Stapp personally for various reasons. I don't even think I went out of my way to ellaborate until I was basically called a hater and that I was too quick to judge. For someone who doesn't discuss how much she likes or dislikes any of the members, you sure have gone out of your way to defend Stapp's character. Yet you know him no more persoanlly than I do!! So why is your opinion of him anymore right or justified than mine.

I apologize for being part of a "Stapp hate thread". Didn't come here to bash anyone but when I read through everything up to my first post I felt the guy was getting beat up nothing... In retrospect I was probably wrong about his motives and ultimate hatefulness.. but from there I was just defending some of my statements because I keep getting challenged on every freakin word.. Even on the what I must have meant by certain things...

Why even go there about "you should start a thread about how much you love Tremonti".. sounds very immature. I think ALL the band members are talented musicians.. duh. I come to these sights for information and for sharing opinions about the band and it's members. The only time I start a thread is if I have some information to share.. not to gush over any one particualr band member. I can respect someone having a favorite member of a band for any reason they want.. but why is it such an aweful thing for me to have a bad impression of Stapp as a person??? What is it about that concept that irritates you so much?

If you look, I don't gush over any particular band member either. And like I said, save one thread where I took bashing at one band members expense and turned it around to send it back to another...I don't take any shots at any one else either. Some of us are just damn tired of shit like "The Stapp Problem", etc. If the only thing people want to discuss is what is "wrong" with a particular band member, why not take it somewhere else, rather than continue to start thread after thread.....is that sharing information? Dude, we've been told over, and over, and over again what Stapp's problems are. Unless you have some earthshaking new information about another vice, or another way in which he's f**cked up, how about just talking about the band itself. Google using the words....I hate Scott Stapp......there are plenty of hate sites out there they would love to hear any opinions you have about the man. Some of the people here are just freaking tired of hearing the same opinions over and over again, in thread after thread. Have a negative opinion of the man if you prefer...that's your right. But its also the right of others here to be so sick of hearing the same comments over and over....to tell people who only dwell on what's wrong with a person.....to SHUT THE HELL UP.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:53 PM   #47
multifast1
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) ... But its also the right of others here to be so sick of hearing the same comments over and over....to tell people who only dwell on what's wrong with a person.....to SHUT THE HELL UP.

You also have the right to ignore the thread and not read it if you are sick of hearing or reading about it ... yet you don't. Maybe you just get kicks outta telling people to shut the hell up. whatever.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:34 PM   #48
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
I have just a couple questions for all of you people who are attacking Scott.

1- Do you know him personally, and know what he's going through in his life at this time?
2- Who are you to judge and form opinions when you don't know any of the reasons of why the band is going off in their own directions except for what has been said by Scott, or other memebers of Creed (like they're not breaking up, it's a hiatus? anyone remember that)?
Old 02-12-2004, 01:35 PM   #49
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Well......

Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) You also have the right to ignore the thread and not read it if you are sick of hearing or reading about it ... yet you don't. Maybe you just get kicks outta telling people to shut the hell up. whatever.

The title of this thread was "will Creed ever make another album....in actuality it was.....no....they never will and this is why....insert how much you blame Stapp for that, and tell us just how much you dislike him.

If I didn't read threads that eventually turned in some way into a Stapp bashing thread.....there wouldn't be much of anything to read....you feel it your right to voice your opinion as often as you like......and I'll do the same. You don't care for Stapp.....I do. So you can voice your opinions, but I'm not making sense if I voice mine. Actually I'd love talking about something else for a change....but the topics seem to always lead back to the same subject.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:45 PM   #50
multifast1
USER INFO »
Jooji, I'm not the one telling people "to shut the hell up" ... or others I've seen like "DIE" in response to someone's opinions. You're more than welcome to voice your opinion as far as I'm concerned, but don't be mad when others with opposing views do the same. That was my point.

I guess we'll just have to disagree in our opinions of Scott. Nothing wrong with that, or is there???
Old 02-12-2004, 02:52 PM   #51
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I don't know what people saw in the Celebrity Poker show. I watched it a couple of times, and I thought he was fine. He was trying to make things interesting, and if you notice, almost all of the celebrities had a bit of swagger. My impression was it was part of the schtick of the show. I can't imagine that watching people play cards would be compelling television, which is why I think they all tried to be funny, brash, whatever. Just my two cents. I guess we'll agree to disagree.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:30 PM   #52
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I don't know what people saw in the Celebrity Poker show. I watched it a couple of times, and I thought he was fine. He was trying to make things interesting, and if you notice, almost all of the celebrities had a bit of swagger. My impression was it was part of the schtick of the show. I can't imagine that watching people play cards would be compelling television, which is why I think they all tried to be funny, brash, whatever. Just my two cents. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I agree Dogstar. They were suppose to act cocky...it was part of the show. He at least tried to make watching poker interesting. He was fine.
There were a few others on the show I didn't care for...but Stappy did a
nice job of making things fun. He should however, takes some leasons on how to play the game, before next years tournament.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 02-12-2004, 05:01 PM   #53
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) Jooji, I'm not the one telling people "to shut the hell up" ... or others I've seen like "DIE" in response to someone's opinions. You're more than welcome to voice your opinion as far as I'm concerned, but don't be mad when others with opposing views do the same. That was my point.

I guess we'll just have to disagree in our opinions of Scott. Nothing wrong with that, or is there???

Sure...I can agree to disagree. But don't expect to voice your opinion without receiving dissenting opinions in return......and you will get some....and not just from me.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:19 PM   #54
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Old 02-12-2004, 10:00 PM   #55
multifast1
USER INFO »
Cool. Speaking of Celb Poker show... was anyone else shocked at how mellow Tom Green was? I mean he was the one I expected to be outgoing and silly. Instead he turned out to be the most "normal" of them all. lol.

(sorry this thread has gotten so far off topic!)
Old 02-12-2004, 10:07 PM   #56
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I don't know what people saw in the Celebrity Poker show. I watched it a couple of times, and I thought he was fine. He was trying to make things interesting, and if you notice, almost all of the celebrities had a bit of swagger. My impression was it was part of the schtick of the show. I can't imagine that watching people play cards would be compelling television, which is why I think they all tried to be funny, brash, whatever. Just my two cents. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

ditto
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 02-13-2004, 10:11 AM   #57
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) Cool. Speaking of Celb Poker show... was anyone else shocked at how mellow Tom Green was? I mean he was the one I expected to be outgoing and silly. Instead he turned out to be the most "normal" of them all. lol.

(sorry this thread has gotten so far off topic!)

I thought the same thing about Tom Green. When I heard that Scott was going to be on with him, I thought "Oh no, he's going to steal the show" (I'm sure we've all seen Tom Green look like an idiot - but he IS funny). It turned out that Scott was the one that was making me laugh. I thought it was fun to watch him. That's what it's all about right? Fun!

- But this topic was silly to begin with.

Last edited by Shadow : 02-13-2004 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:42 PM   #58
Creedrox
USER INFO »
I knew it was going to happen. It was for the reasons I said as well. The final straw was Chicago.

To all of you who said get over it(Chicago) didn't understand how big that show was. That show ended my favorite band of all time. Had Stapp not gotten in to dugs and alcohol our favorite band would probably be touring right now and have a fourth album already out.

I had a bad feeling when I was there, I could sense that was it, Creed was done. He let down Mark, Flip, and Brett as well as thousands of fans.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #59
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
There are two sides to every story. Chicago was definitely a turning point, no doubt, but there seems to be more to it than just that.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:42 PM   #60
Creedrox
USER INFO »
Yeah, it was every thing up to that point and that was just the final straw. This sux.