++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-11-2004, 04:57 PM   #31
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hmm I wonder why Steve hasn't closed this thread yet

I agree with everyone else here when they say go to another thread and talk about stuff that you do like and the members that you like instead of whining about dumb shit
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-11-2004, 06:08 PM   #32
Creedrox
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by douglas623) its not that we come here to bash, we're just old Creed fans like you. However, we choose to look at the problem, instead of ignoring it. I saw Stapp on celebrity poker, and he was obnoxious, and was drinking (later in the show). At the grammy's he was obnoxious again. in my opinion, from what I saw with my own eyes, Stapp has let the fame go to him. He's a little to self-loving in my eyes. Just watch him in public sometime.

Anyway, I do look forward to the solo projects, just to see something new. I do believe, however, that the problem with Creed, was Stapp.

Wow, someone on here has a brain. I never came here to bash anyone. Creed has been my favorite band ever since I heard them. I have been to tons of shows. I just think it sucks nobody will ever see another Creed show. Yes, Stapp has a problem. I wish he could turn himself around. But if you guys want to bash me for saying he needs help. Whatever. I know its true whether or not you want to admit it. There is a difference between partying and having a serious problem. To whoever said go to a Tremonti board, why? Isn't this supposed to be a Creed board? Not a Stapp board. Sorry if I offended anyone. But sometimes the truth hurts.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:36 PM   #33
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Okay......

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creedrox) Wow, someone on here has a brain. I never came here to bash anyone. Creed has been my favorite band ever since I heard them. I have been to tons of shows. I just think it sucks nobody will ever see another Creed show. Yes, Stapp has a problem. I wish he could turn himself around. But if you guys want to bash me for saying he needs help. Whatever. I know its true whether or not you want to admit it. There is a difference between partying and having a serious problem. To whoever said go to a Tremonti board, why? Isn't this supposed to be a Creed board? Not a Stapp board. Sorry if I offended anyone. But sometimes the truth hurts.

If its a CREED board....then talk about CREED.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:09 PM   #34
multifast1
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Doesn't sound like anything different than you thinking I defend stapp cause I'm enamored.

If you like the band.....then talk about how much you like the band.....not how much you "dislike" one certain member. Save one thread where I turned the tables on the bashing......I don't discuss what I may like or not like about any of the members. (except for Marshall) If its Tremonti that you love so....why make it a point to go into such detail about what you DON'T like about another member. There are plenty of people here who would love to hear you tal about Tremonti and his talents, of which I believe he has much. I'm sure they would all love to hear what you think about Tremonti.

Jooji, you know you're starting to piss me off with your nonsense as much as I'm probably pissing others off for continueing to reply to you! .. and yes, I think you're only defending stapp because you're enamored. I just didn't mean enamored the way you thought I meant it.. jeez.

I never came hear to bash Stapp.. I just chimed in that I agreed with part of the first post about not liking Stapp personally for various reasons. I don't even think I went out of my way to ellaborate until I was basically called a hater and that I was too quick to judge. For someone who doesn't discuss how much she likes or dislikes any of the members, you sure have gone out of your way to defend Stapp's character. Yet you know him no more persoanlly than I do!! So why is your opinion of him anymore right or justified than mine.

I apologize for being part of a "Stapp hate thread". Didn't come here to bash anyone but when I read through everything up to my first post I felt the guy was getting beat up nothing... In retrospect I was probably wrong about his motives and ultimate hatefulness.. but from there I was just defending some of my statements because I keep getting challenged on every freakin word.. Even on the what I must have meant by certain things...

Why even go there about "you should start a thread about how much you love Tremonti".. sounds very immature. I think ALL the band members are talented musicians.. duh. I come to these sights for information and for sharing opinions about the band and it's members. The only time I start a thread is if I have some information to share.. not to gush over any one particualr band member. I can respect someone having a favorite member of a band for any reason they want.. but why is it such an aweful thing for me to have a bad impression of Stapp as a person??? What is it about that concept that irritates you so much?
Old 02-11-2004, 07:16 PM   #35
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: What is it about that concept that irritates you so much?

What irritates me so much, not that you were addressing me, but I have an answer anyway , is that you weren't around to *share* your opinions of him as a person while there was no controversy around. Anytime something negative happens with the band, like Scott's weigh gain (rollseyes), the supposed break-up or something else, all the people who have a *bad impression* of him as a person come out of the freaken woodwork. What, you don't have the cajones to express your opinions when things are going well? Unless you know the man personally, it's pretty hard to be a judge of his character or what he does on a day-to-day basis. You can judge him on his performance and what you perceive through interviews, but that's about it.

At the risk of pissing people off with redundancy, I will say this again for the umpteenth time: Worship the music, not the musician.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:20 PM   #36
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Right on Dogstar
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-11-2004, 07:22 PM   #37
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Well said, Dogstar.

Relearn Love
Old 02-11-2004, 11:19 PM   #38
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
I'm with you Dogstar....
Old 02-11-2004, 11:20 PM   #39
multifast1
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) What irritates me so much, not that you were addressing me, but I have an answer anyway , is that you weren't around to *share* your opinions of him as a person while there was no controversy around. Anytime something negative happens with the band, like Scott's weigh gain (rollseyes), the supposed break-up or something else, all the people who have a *bad impression* of him as a person come out of the freaken woodwork. What, you don't have the cajones to express your opinions when things are going well? Unless you know the man personally, it's pretty hard to be a judge of his character or what he does on a day-to-day basis. You can judge him on his performance and what you perceive through interviews, but that's about it.

At the risk of pissing people off with redundancy, I will say this again for the umpteenth time: Worship the music, not the musician.

Dogstar, My negative impressions of Stapp did only form over the last couple years since that when I think he started changing in his attitude. Before the Weathered tour I didn't see much of him publicly to be honest. Yes, people do come out of the woodwork, so to speak, when there's controversy because most people who view these boards (not necessarily this one but fan boards in general) come for information and to discuss things that are happening... not just to profess their love for the band. Only a small percentage of viewers are regular posters.

And all I've done is exactly what you've said.. judge him on his performances and interviews. Nothing more. And if you actually practiced what you preach (Worship the music, not the musician)... you wouldn't even care two shakes about this whole subject.. at least not enough to respond as much as you have.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:26 PM   #40
Creedrox
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) If its a CREED board....then talk about CREED.

I thought I was?!?!?!?! Maybe I wasn't.......... I was talking about CREED never making another album. As well as never being able to see CREED play live again because it won't happen. Oh well, I guess you know more about what I was trying to say than I do.

Old 02-12-2004, 01:27 AM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) Dogstar, My negative impressions of Stapp did only form over the last couple years since that when I think he started changing in his attitude. Before the Weathered tour I didn't see much of him publicly to be honest.
My point exactly. This board's been around almost two years in some form or another, so you've had plenty of time to voice your opinions before now.

Quote: Yes, people do come out of the woodwork, so to speak, when there's controversy because most people who view these boards (not necessarily this one but fan boards in general) come for information and to discuss things that are happening... not just to profess their love for the band. Only a small percentage of viewers are regular posters.

So by *things happening* you only mean negative things? There was plenty going on that was mostly positive over the last couple of years: When the tour was happening, when Weathered came out, all the support when Scott got into the accident, sympathy for when Mark's mother died, when Mark got married, when Flip became a father...Odd, didn't see you around then.
And just because there was no controversy does not mean we all sat around here *professing* our love for the band.
Quote: And all I've done is exactly what you've said.. judge him on his performances and interviews. Nothing more.

Yeah, OK, cite the interviews and the performances where you perceived his bad vibes or nasty character. I saw them four times on the Weathered tour and also on TV interviews and print interviews. I guess we just perceive things differently. I'm not one of those who looks at things through rose-colored glasses.

Quote: And if you actually practiced what you preach (Worship the music, not the musician)... you wouldn't even care two shakes about this whole subject.. at least not enough to respond as much as you have

You're missing the point. If people are going to bash, they should at least have facts to back up their statements. That's all I'm asking.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:13 AM   #42
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
[quote=multifast1]My negative impressions of Stapp did only form over the last couple years since that when I think he started changing in his attitude. QUOTE]

Well, I think some change would be seen in any band after awhile. When a band first starts out, they aren't well known, they grow a fan base over the years, have more demand on them, are more noticed publicly, have more responsibilities, more stressful tours, etc. Not to mention the decreasing privacy they have. It has to be hard to not be able to go alot of places without someone recognizing you, wanting autographs, following you...hell, there are people claiming they would move to Florida just to be closer to some members. I don't know, to me, that's a bit over the line. Just my opinon though on that. My point to this is that after you get more and more fame, I would think you might put up a bit of an invisable shield around you to protect yourself from some of that. Kind of like a more distant persona at times. Alot about fame is great but for those of us who haven't had to deal with it, I bet it has alot of drawbacks too.

Just my thoughts. Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:44 AM   #43
shunammite
USER INFO »
Jimi Hendrix

I skimmed through a bio of him yesterday at B&N...thinking about the pressures on rock stars...and my love for Stapp...and Creed...and the sober feelings I have now, watching them change....maybe for the better, but I can't easily believe that, how can you be better than their first three cds?

I think it's kind of like that Prometheus legend, someone has extra "vision" and flies up high to find Strength for us dimmer bulbs, lol....and we are transfixed by the beauty/strength...and cannot separate it really from the one who risked so much to bring it...

But heroes come and heroes go...the truth endures forever...

I don't give Stapp all the credit...it was a mixture of things in him that drove him to stardom, not something he was really in control of...just as now I don't think he has all that much choice...he has to respond to what is inside of him.

I think at first when the artist has not seen how UGLY the "mob" is....it's love of people that drives the great artists...but when you become a "star", the people start to act like animals...when the artist believes in the people, he can do anything, he can sacrifice himself.

But then it just gets to be too much. And I don't think the pressure is the same for the rest of the band..they may be just as important to the success of the band, but it is the lead singer that all the pressure is on..

So the artist can just go all cynical...and learn to put up a hard exterior...maybe stay alive deep inside, I don't know...or he can just sink into despair, into unreality...thinkng of Layne Staley...and drug abuse so common for so many celebs...when you rise so high you are cut off from real human fellowship, everyone "wants something".

I'm glad Stapp is alive. Creed was real. As Hendrix said, every cd is really like a personal diary of the soul of the artist...they are opening up themselves to the whole world...it's incredibly daring, you cannot hide anymore once you have done it...if you are VERY STRONG, maybe you can continue, but I think it is pretty hard...even the poets and writers of previous generations...alcoholics who died young, lots of them.

I don't know. I have loved them. I'm kind of old, but they were addressing issues that were so important to me, I got into Creed because of my children...and talking with other Creed fans at the old Creednet changed me permanently...a place where people who really did not agree came together to talk about what meant most to them...it was the FaithForum...you had to learn to "love your enemy".

I don't know what fansites ought to do for the stars they love...in the end, the star has to "save himself"...but it's kind of hard, like Jesus, yep the one they tease Stapp about for his "christ poses", when he was on the cross, "he saved others himself he cannot save", I think every artist is a bit like that.

They save us with their vision, but their vision destroys them.

But I hope to God Stapp can save himself...maybe going in a slightly different direction will bring him some kind of renewal....and I hope that all the band members will be able to stretch as much as necessary to remain respectful/appreciative of each other. Each of them has to think about their own life..and career...but...well they were brothers...
Old 02-12-2004, 09:09 AM   #44
multifast1
USER INFO »
shunammite, AWESOME post in my humble opinion. It might not mean much coming from me, but thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts down so eliquently. That is partly what I was trying to say but never really got to that because of all the other crap I got caught up in discussing (my own dang fault!).

I just think some of the vices and pressure of it all started to get to him and has changed him in a negative way. That's only from my perception from what I've seen from the outside looking in. Obviously some haven't seen it that way, but I can tell you from what I've seen at other boards and at concerts (not just Creed concerts either) that there's just as many people that have similar impressions of Stapp's change as who don't think so.

Dogstar, I certain can't speak for the others who've "bashed" Stapp... but I for one have been on various Creed-related boards for over three years now posting on occasion.. on all sorts of subjects to do with Creed. Sorry, I haven't been at this board but give me a break. In retrospect, posted to this thread as my first post here wasn't an Einstein idea, but it happened to be the first I read and felt I had something to contribute on. Btw, I have written letters to the band in the past thanking them for all the songs and inspiration they've provided over the years and written one to Mark with condolensences on his mother's death.. I'm not some johnny-come-lately.

You and others keep asking for "proof" as to why I think Stapp has changed for the worst in his attitude.. there is no smoking gun that you're looking for. If it was fact, there would be no debate. It's an opinion I've formed from lots of different things. No one thing by itself would make me think that way, but put them together and I have a pretty strong impression of him. I'm not talking about weight gain either.. If you want a couple that come to mind, I'd say the Chicago concert made the biggest impression (yes, I was there), the Celebrity Poker event, and the multiple news articles of the fights he has gotten into over the years. Like I said, those coupled with the various other little things I've picked up on from interviews and seeing him on TV have just given me bad vibes. Do I hate him? No. Do I hope he has continued success musically? YES. Do I want him to get his act together (imho) and make Creed an even better band? Hell f'in YES!
Old 02-12-2004, 09:15 AM   #45
shunammite
USER INFO »
One thing about Hendrix, his band had a string of lackluster performances before he crashed...I give Stapp credit for all the good performances he gave, when he was surely in hell...it was just one that he bottomed out...I'm glad I wasn't there, it was bad enough reading about it.

I was there opening night for Weathered in Atlanta and saw them two other times also. It was awesome, at the end of the center catwalk.

I hope they come back, but I know they gave the best they had, every time.