++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-07-2005, 01:21 PM   #1
metalanus
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
stapp writining music

did scott write the music for the album or just the lyrics because I know he was starting to play the guitar a little more .
Old 11-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
As far as I know, Stapp only did the lyrics and vocals, while Goneblind did the music. I can't confirm that for sure, but that's what I've heard.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #3
Creed7352
USER INFO »
guess we'll know when the album drops cause it should say in the liner notes somewhere.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:20 PM   #4
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by metalanus) did scott write the music for the album or just the lyrics because I know he was starting to play the guitar a little more .
Yeah, Mark tried to teach him guitar, but Mark also said he was hopeless... He just didn't learn.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-07-2005, 03:04 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Guitar is a tough instrument, so I can relate. If you aren't a natural at it(and most aren't) you really, REALLY have to practice to fully grasp it. I think anyone can learn how to play(no one is hopeless, because if that's the case, then I was hopeless six months ago. Now, however, I can play tons of chords and some songs. All of this has happened only with practice) but they gotta be dedicated, they have to want it badly. Maybe Stapp was never that dedicated to it, so that's why he just didn't pick it up.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) guess we'll know when the album drops cause it should say in the liner notes somewhere.
The TGD single said it was all his... but I don't buy it to be honest. If it wasn't Goneblind, it was the producer.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:21 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, it's amazing how big a role a producer can have. I saw that after watching Metallica's Some Kind of Monster.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:53 PM   #8
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) The TGD single said it was all his... but I don't buy it to be honest. If it wasn't Goneblind, it was the producer.
Yeah, I don't think it was ONLY Stapp, but come on, mostly!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Yeah, it's amazing how big a role a producer can have. I saw that after watching Metallica's Some Kind of Monster.
Oh yeah, great movie! Bob Rock rocks! I hear Metallica is recording some new meterial right now, can't frickin' wait!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-07-2005, 06:56 PM   #9
GregS
USER INFO »
Quote: Oh yeah, great movie! Bob Rock rocks! I hear Metallica is recording some new meterial right now, can't frickin' wait!

You cant wait ? Dude.. remember how bad St anger was.. The follow up isnt going to be much better..
Old 11-07-2005, 08:05 PM   #10
Bullets
USER INFO »
i remember in one of the radio interviews, can't recall exactly which one, but Scott did say that when he wrote the songs this time Goneblind actually laid out the music tracks and he wrote the words after he heard the music tracks, rather than the way it used to be with Creed where he and mark would write lyrics, then do the music after. This would explain however why some words get twisted to fit the music...
Old 11-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #11
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, Mark tried to teach him guitar, but Mark also said he was hopeless... He just didn't learn.
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 11-07-2005, 11:45 PM   #12
stappissohot
USER INFO »
I'm learning guitar as well, I asked my teacher if he could teach me how to play My Own Prison acoustic and after about 2 weeks of trying to learn I just cursed and forgot about it, lol, I'll stick with Mary Had A Little Lamb, lol, learn to play that you can play just about anything, I still haven't gotten the first part, grrr... lol, but I can see where it would be hard trying to learn, and even hearder to write song music...
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #13
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
i like mary had a lit lamb i,ve worked with the nursey rhyme before with some harder tracks my cousins all band put together i gave mary and her lambs a gothic hard edge twist and they was like you reminded me of that, HAAAAAAAAAAAAA but anyways do your best with the instruament and all i can i say i gave up a long time i knew that playing the gutiar was not for me all though im still in love with the gutiar and have a deep passion for,em but dont force it it should come natrual if not keep playing
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 11-08-2005, 12:17 AM   #14
stappissohot
USER INFO »
lol, I played the clarinet for 2 years but I thought I looked like an idiot... lol, and Justify in your sig *bows down to you* lol, sorry....but yeah guitar is hard and I can see why he couldn't learn *eats mint chocolate chip ice cream* lol
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:29 AM   #15
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
yummmmmmmy i want some you made me hungry thank you i had a hardway getting that sig up lol Haaaaaaa Clarinet i would have to say would not be my choice but at one time i felt the same way about the violin i dont play it but i,ve come to find its charm and apprciated more its hard yes of course but if you can feel and hear it the wanna you play it and make a melody of your own in your soul and bring out you can play thats what its all about just keep feeling and hearing