++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-11-2005, 12:59 PM   #16
in reality
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Looking forward to seeing Stapp and GB on this show. I watch leno's show pretty often.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #17
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, it's a real good show! Jay is such a funny guy!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #18
stappissohot
USER INFO »
lol, I preffer Letterman...but yeah, if Scott Stapp is on Leno than I will be watchin....that or Raven Symone (sorry, she's my hero, way better than all the other stupid gag actresses, but never mind) but yeah definetly is someone is good on Leno then I watch him, it's all a matter of who's on the show
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #19
Creed7352
USER INFO »
i prefer leno over letterman...lol
Old 11-11-2005, 10:54 PM   #20
Faceless_Man
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Now, let's see if this guy really can sing! It sounded pretty bad when he made his acoustic radio tour. The album sounds pretty good, besides from Reach Out, which sounds terrible. Let us find out how he sounds live, 'cause towards the end of the Weathered tour, it wasn't a beautiful voice you heard when you saw Creed live.

Hope he nails it well, heavy and good!

I still don't understand this accusation. Did you even attend a live concert on the Weathered tour??? I did and noticed NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever in his live performance than what we've seen since '97/'98. His performance was top notch and his voice was strong. Even pulled out the guitar on "Stand Here With Me" and jammed.

As for "Reach Out" on the new cd....Do you really think that Stapp, or Wind-Up would have released a cd(studio, mind you) that contained your so-called false notes??? I mean, really. This guy knows what he's doing, as well as Wind-Up. Who are you? Maybe(obviously) the latter portion of his performance in Reach Out was meant to sound that way. C'mon...what's the name of the song in question? REACH OUT. He's expressing an immense emotion w/ his shouting and it fits the caliber of the song. Use your head, dude.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:05 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) I still don't understand this accusation. Did you even attend a live concert on the Weathered tour??? I did and noticed NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever in his live performance than what we've seen since '97/'98. His performance was top notch and his voice was strong. Even pulled out the guitar on "Stand Here With Me" and jammed.

Use your ears, dude. I saw Creed five times on the Weathered tour and at the PSU show in November '02, he was especially having a hard time hitting the notes. I believe he also gave up doing SHWM on the latter part of the tour because he couldn't hit the notes. I saw them do it in August of '02, but that was it. I don't know if it showed up on set lists after that, but if it did, it wasn't many. I remember quite a discussion about it at time time. Face it, he did some damage to his voice and I'm hoping it's healed now, but from what I've heard of the radio tour, sick or not, he's not sounding anywhere close to the Stapp of the Human Clay and previous tours.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:19 PM   #22
Faceless_Man
Banned
USER INFO »
Yes, I know he did damage to his voice. However, these constant posts seem to sound like Stapp "lost" his talent during the Weathered tour. Like he just didn't have it anymore...and if that's what was implied, my statements still stand. I saw him live...it did not sound terrible, as I've read over and over on these forums regarding the Weathered tour. I think you all want him to sound bad, now that AB is around. I'm not gonna argue this point continuously, b/c I know what I saw and I know what I heard.

BTW, if his voice sounded so horrid, why attend 5 shows? Shouldnt you have thought it wasnt worth it after the first, if you felt that way? Ya know, I'd bet you that after each one of those shows you thought they were great and quite possibly didnt have anything negative to say. You get home, get on your forum, and have to "find" something to pick out. Of course, thats just a guess.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:24 PM   #23
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
(reply to Dogstar's post) Yeah. I saw Creed three or four times in 1999 (can't remember anymore heh) and at least six (maybe more) from 2000-2002. Aside from that I've got about 70+ bootlegs spanning over all the years they toured. It is quite evident his voice has deteriorated. I don't like to say it but it's the truth. The last two Creed shows I atteneded (both from 2002 tour, one in an arena, one in an ampitheater) were horrible on the "vocal side" of it. Half way through the shows he was winded and through the entire show he missed all of the high notes. In fact in the amp. show I went to, on several songs he didn't even try the high notes. He either sang them low or didn't sing, instead opting to allow the crowd to carry the song on (which was cool, having 30,000 people singing in unison)... but the fact of the matter is, Stapp's voice is nothing compared to what it was when Creed first started.

Maybe it's now changed, but we'll be able to tell that once he starts his tour.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #24
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) Yes, I know he did damage to his voice. However, these constant posts seem to sound like Stapp "lost" his talent during the Weathered tour. Like he just didn't have it anymore...and if that's what was implied, my statements still stand. I saw him live...it did not sound terrible, as I've read over and over on these forums regarding the Weathered tour. I think you all want him to sound bad, now that AB is around. I'm not gonna argue this point continuously, b/c I know what I saw and I know what I heard.

BTW, if his voice sounded so horrid, why attend 5 shows? Shouldnt you have thought it wasnt worth it after the first, if you felt that way? Ya know, I'd bet you that after each one of those shows you thought they were great and quite possibly didnt have anything negative to say. You get home, get on your forum, and have to "find" something to pick out. Of course, thats just a guess.

Well I'm not sure how far back this board goes, but I've been saying the Stapp voice issues long before Creed broke up, so don't give ME the argument I'm trying to make him look bad because of AB. In fact, feel free to view archives of the Creednet BB, if it's still available via www.archive.org. My name there was BioVirus.

And why attend so many shows? Because I love the band. If they got back together next week and started a tour, I'd be there in a heartbeat, no matter what I think Stapp sounds like.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-11-2005, 11:31 PM   #25
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) Yes, I know he did damage to his voice. However, these constant posts seem to sound like Stapp "lost" his talent during the Weathered tour. Like he just didn't have it anymore...and if that's what was implied, my statements still stand. I saw him live...it did not sound terrible, as I've read over and over on these forums regarding the Weathered tour. I think you all want him to sound bad, now that AB is around. I'm not gonna argue this point continuously, b/c I know what I saw and I know what I heard.

I was talking specifically about the PSU show, which was my second or third show at that point. Actually, he was fairly on for the rest of the time I saw him, especially on New Year's Eve. I'm just saying, he wasn't consistent. Now, I've seen Pearl Jam a few times and I've gotten several bootlegs of Eddie over the years. Granted, he's another one who can't hit the notes he did, but he has learned to care for his voice. That man is never flat or off.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:34 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve)
And why attend so many shows? Because I love the band. If they got back together next week and started a tour, I'd be there in a heartbeat, no matter what I think Stapp sounds like.
Word. I was always more into Tremonti anyway, though, Stapp was/is an awesome front man.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:07 PM   #27
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »
Is anyone going to tape it.. cause im leaving town on Thursday and i might not be able to catch it??? So just wondering if anyone does if they can send it to me?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:12 PM   #28
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
even if i dont get around to whatching it its hard to say what i,ll be in to but im going to make sure i record it in stuff
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 11-21-2005, 02:37 PM   #29
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) As for "Reach Out" on the new cd....Do you really think that Stapp, or Wind-Up would have released a cd(studio, mind you) that contained your so-called false notes??? I mean, really. This guy knows what he's doing, as well as Wind-Up. Who are you? Maybe(obviously) the latter portion of his performance in Reach Out was meant to sound that way. C'mon...what's the name of the song in question? REACH OUT. He's expressing an immense emotion w/ his shouting and it fits the caliber of the song. Use your head, dude.
Oh yeah, that's what it is... Wind-Up and Stapp must have agreed on the point that Stapp should actually hit false notes, instead of the "real" ones. Bet they did the same thing on the Weathered tour! Awesome point, man!

Who cares, anyway? You're fucking banned!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-21-2005, 06:00 PM   #30
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Oh yeah, that's what it is... Wind-Up and Stapp must have agreed on the point that Stapp should actually hit false notes, instead of the "real" ones. Bet they did the same thing on the Weathered tour! Awesome point, man!

Who cares, anyway? You're fucking banned!

What an idiot,....talking to a banned member??...fucking idiot!
I've been living a double life