++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-09-2006, 11:29 PM   #76
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: why we adore Scott

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I don't like Stapp.

But I don't want to murder him.

Nor do I want to murder anyone. Yet, you do judge the guy... let's be honest.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:47 AM   #77
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I don't like Stapp.

But I don't want to murder him.
just another ignorant comment
Old 04-10-2006, 08:56 AM   #78
Robin101
USER INFO »

I don't adore him at the moment - his London concert was just cancelled due to 'unforseen circumstances'.

I hope it's not anything serious!

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger

Last edited by Robin101 : 04-10-2006 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:29 AM   #79
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) just another ignorant comment

Just because you didnt understand it...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 04-11-2006, 12:17 AM   #80
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Nor do I want to murder anyone. .

Humm...really ??????

(Seems the opposite...)

LOL...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 04-11-2006, 01:49 AM   #81
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Humm...really ??????

(Seems the opposite...)

LOL...

Are you calling me a murderer? You're from a nation that has a pretty big problem with murders so you should know what a murderer looks like.

Me thinking that Iraqis should do what they feel is just to Saddam Hussein hardly makes me a "murderer."
Old 04-11-2006, 02:01 AM   #82
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Are you calling me a murderer? You're from a nation that has a pretty big problem with murders so you should know what a murderer looks like.

Me thinking that Iraqis should do what they feel is just to Saddam Hussein hardly makes me a "murderer."

Did I say that? I dont remmeber...

Anyway STOP trying to paint my country as a bad place( your country also has big problems )...you dont know it...and this is not political banter...so I think we need to stop it or the mods will 'stop' us...lol
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 04-11-2006, 02:11 AM   #83
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Did I say that? I dont remmeber...

Anyway STOP trying to paint my country as a bad place( your country also has big problems )...you dont know it...and this is not political banter...so I think we need to stop it or the mods will 'stop' us...lol

Then stop insinuating that I'm a barbaric murderer for thinking that Saddam Hussein should be punished accordingly to Iraqi culture.

I didn't bring this issue up in here. You and Uncertain are antagonizing me.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:29 AM   #84
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Then stop insinuating that I'm a barbaric murderer for thinking that Saddam Hussein should be punished accordingly to Iraqi culture.

I didn't bring this issue up in here. You and Uncertain are antagonizing me.

Why giving so much importance to mine or uncertains words here...you arent a murderer...are you?

And please STOP playing the 'inocent' here...you are the one who is always calling us: terrorists and fundamentalists...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 04-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #85
J-Man
USER INFO »

This thread is jumping around all over the place. So many subjects to digest. I avoided this thread because I don't adore Stapp, but after reading some of these comments (entertaining indeed), I will state two things and to make it fair, I will even state something positive about Stapp as this is a thread that is supposed to see the good side.

1) Many stated that he's not a jerk and what proof is there that he is. The proof is in the interviews and in his actions. There are many examples but I will give you two: a) The interview he did with Howard Stern's GF. He was disrespectful towards her. b) how he behaved at the airport, he was rude to the stewardess, rude to the police, rude to his wife (as I'm sure she was embarrassed) and whoever else was nearby. What the hell, I'll throw in one more example - c) On the 311 Website, drummer Chad Sexton claimed an allegedly intoxicated Stapp made a "disrespectful and crude remark" to a bandmate's wife, then "sucker-punched" Sexton.

2) Here's one positive thing I have to say about him; he is indeed a very good writer.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #86
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) This thread is jumping around all over the place. So many subjects to digest. I avoided this thread because I don't adore Stapp, but after reading some of these comments (entertaining indeed), I will state two things and to make it fair, I will even state something positive about Stapp as this is a thread that is supposed to see the good side.

1) Many stated that he's not a jerk and what proof is there that he is. The proof is in the interviews and in his actions. There are many examples but I will give you two: a) The interview he did with Howard Stern's GF. He was disrespectful towards her. b) how he behaved at the airport, he was rude to the stewardess, rude to the police, rude to his wife (as I'm sure she was embarrassed) and whoever else was nearby. What the hell, I'll throw in one more example - c) On the 311 Website, drummer Chad Sexton claimed an allegedly intoxicated Stapp made a "disrespectful and crude remark" to a bandmate's wife, then "sucker-punched" Sexton.

2) Here's one positive thing I have to say about him; he is indeed a very good writer.

I think we can all be jerks at times. That doesn't mean we are bad people. I don't know the man personally so I can not really say that he is definitely a good hearted person but I like to believe he is. Some of his recent interviews have seemed very open and honest. I think he tries to do the right thing but sometimes being human gets in the way. I don't have a problem with alcohol but I know it can change people. I think there are some parts of his life that he would like to leave behind but he, like all of us, makes mistakes and those parts of his life reappear. I think we can look to some of his songs and see his regrets and see how he would like to be. I also think we can look to his SS Foundation and see that he has good qualities. All in all I think he means to do right but sins just like the rest of us.
Matthew 11:30
His yoke is easy and his burden is light

Last edited by Justify : 04-11-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #87
J-Man
USER INFO »

Just for the record, I do enjoy reading your feedback Justify. I like your approach and you are one person whom I can debate with on an intelligent and mature level. You do not stoop low to name calling when bantering back and fourth. I respect your style.

For most Stapp fans, they would like to believe that he is a good hearted person and perhaps he may have it in him - perhaps. I for one cannot take him seriously for I had already lost all respect for him. As for his charity, it is a great thing, but did it actually come from him or his PR reps? Do remember that people who are in the public eye are set up to look good as they want to keep their fans. Fans = money.

I know this is a cliché, but actions do speak louder than words. And because of his recurring behaviorisms, he strikes me as the type of person who is two-faced. In the real world, when we are confronted with hypocritical people, (those who act and say one thing, but do the opposite), we disassociate ourselves from them as they are negative influences in our lives. To me, that is what Stapp is...a negative influence.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #88
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) I think we can all be jerks at times. That doesn't mean we are bad people. I don't know the man personally so I can not really say that he is definitely a good hearted person but I like to believe he is. Some of his recent interviews have seemed very open and honest. I think he tries to do the right thing but sometimes being human gets in the way. I don't have a problem with alcohol but I know it can change people. I think there are some parts of his life that he would like to leave behind but he, like all of us, makes mistakes and those parts of his life reappear. I think we can look to some of his songs and see his regrets and see how he would like to be. I also think we can look to his SS Foundation and see that he has good qualities. All in all I think he means to do right but sins just like the rest of us.

I'll be honest and say 'I couldn't have put it better myself'. I've always considered Stapp's lyrics to represent the person he'd like to be, not the person that he is.

It is obvious that he's not the easiest person to be around. You can trace this all the way back to the well publicised family issues when he was younger, his divorce and the disintegration of his band - the fact that the remaining members of Creed formed their own band speaks volumes.

Stapp comes across as a very solitary person who requires his own space, that does not make him ignorant or a 'jerk'. I don't mind people criticizing his music, that's all down to preferance. However, it annoys me when people judge, criticize and HATE (a very strong word) him (or anyone) without UNDERSTANDING him.

Just remember, when you point a finger at someone, there's three pointing right back at you.

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 04-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #89
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) 1) Many stated that he's not a jerk and what proof is there that he is. The proof is in the interviews and in his actions. There are many examples but I will give you two: a) The interview he did with Howard Stern's GF. He was disrespectful towards her. b) how he behaved at the airport, he was rude to the stewardess, rude to the police, rude to his wife (as I'm sure she was embarrassed) and whoever else was nearby. What the hell, I'll throw in one more example - c) On the 311 Website, drummer Chad Sexton claimed an allegedly intoxicated Stapp made a "disrespectful and crude remark" to a bandmate's wife, then "sucker-punched" Sexton.

One word: alcohol. That was present in all three of your examples. Alcoholics DO typically act like assholes when drunk and I'm sure Stapp did. It(alcohol) alters the mind, changes a person's personality. I've been around heavy drinkers who are nice as can be when sober, and are complete asses when drunk. I would assume that, based on the positive stories I've heard about Stapp(i.e. the ones where he is gracious toward his fans), he's probably just like the alcoholics I've seen myself. I'm not saying I condone his alcohol use, because I do not, but I am saying that might explain some of this bad behavior.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!