++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-19-2005, 03:53 PM   #76
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I didn't realize you had such first-hand insight into Creed's affairs.
Read/listen to the interviews for both AB and Stapp and you will see that they are both saying TOTALLY different things. Like Stapp said that he and Mark sat down for 2 hours and picked out the setlist for the Greatest Hits album. While Mark didn't want it to be realised at all. And if you look in the booklet and Wind-up guy named Ryan Smith is the one who made the setlist.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-19-2005, 06:20 PM   #77
titan9
USER INFO »
And he didn't do a good job with that setlist, lol! But, in all seriousness, I wonder if maybe Wind-Up told Stapp to say that in the interview. I don't understand why he would flat out lie like that, as it would only damage his reputation, which has already been damaged over the years. So that's why I'm wondering if Wind-Up perhaps told Stapp to say that, to perhaps make things look better for the GH CD. I'm not taking anyone's side, or anything, but it's something that I have wondered since I first heard Stapp say that and then Mark say another thing.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:32 PM   #78
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) Amber, I think it's about time I add you to my "My Hero" list.... that was one helluva post up above!

"started talkin' shit, whaddaya know, i reached back like a and i slapped that ho!"

you certainly have a way w/ words
Back off...

I said I love her first! if she dumps me you're free to try! LOL!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:25 AM   #79
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Im so poor, my bologna doesnt have a first name...

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-20-2005, 01:00 AM   #80
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Amber, you asked for a reply...

Explaining my self is something i should not have to do, but this time i will, and i expect that such requests from you or anyone else that has a problem with any of the comments i have made recently and/or over the years will cease.

If you choose to take any of my following statements as condesending, then i will be wasting my time, as well as yours, and i will have to wonder why you asked in the first place. Otherwise, if you and anyone else that reads this choose to look at it without predjudice, you just might learn a thing or two...

Something i have learned about BB's is that, like the society we live in, they harbor diverse personalities...not everyone is going to agree with everybody else...and most will have differing opinions...and what's the saying about opinions? I'm sure that you know it.

Well to keep my feelings about opinions short...that is how we express what we choose to think...i can respect some opinions..and others i find humourus...or "laughable" to use your words...but over all, that doesn't mean that the person with that opinion is being dissed...it just means that i don't agree with their thoughts on the matter.

Am i attempting to change their mind? No. Do i want to change their mind? No. Because you see, opinions are unique to the person that has them. The only ones that can change their opinions are themselves...and it's not my place to do so, nor is it anyone elses place to judge my opinions, or assume i am attempting to change their opinions.

So...with that thought in mind, why is it so difficult to accept the fact that my opinions may differ from those of the majority and like you, or anyone else, i have every right to post what i believe.

Give me an HONEST answer why only SOME are allowed to say what they choose and others are not....that seems to be an ongoing theme around certain BB's...

As for AB, live and let live....I don't like their music, i gave them several listens from the beginning, even have their songs on CD, and they are just not what i'm into, either vocally or lyrically. I've never deneyed the talent that is AB. After all, the experience they gained from Creed is what got them to where they are now, as well as most of the fan's they have. I made the choice several months ago to say i wish them well in their endeavours both musically and personally where ever life takes them.

Now, if you or anyone assumes this post to be condesending...well then...a suggestion....get a backbone and grow up...because NOBODY can make anyone doubt themselves unless they already feel confused reguarding their beliefs and opinions in the first place.
it is absolutely amazing the amount of skill you have at ignoring me or twisting what i say.
amazing.
i respect peoples opinions who are different from mine. so i dont know what thats all about.
lets take Ana4Stapp for example (no specific reason, other than i think she wont mind me using her for an example, lets just) i do not agree with her stance on Stapp. it is different than mine. however, when she says that she is a Stapp fan, i respect that. i do not laugh at her, i do not mock her for being so. you, however, are one of the few who i have never seen be in disagreeance with someone in either a mature/uncondescending "its-your-loss" way. there are many views on many things, and very few truths. who says theres only one right opinion? who says there even is a right opinion?
direct question ann, DIRECT:
why is it ok for you to disect other peoples opinions, and for us to even comment on yours, it becomes a malicious attack?
and how is it not condescending for you to, oh, i dont know, for example, call Dan "D", and then, when asked to stop, merely continue?
how is that not disrespectful of a member of this board?
Everyone who isnt so pretenious to assume that there isnt a possibility that they could be wrong doubts themselves.
most people dont run around assuming theyre right about everything.

lets make a deal. i wont bother you anymore if you dont make any more patronizing posts based on difference of opinion concerning AB/Stapp. im sure many others would agree to this as well.
deal?

(marcos and ryan, yall crack me up)

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 04-20-2005, 01:01 AM   #81
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Back off...

I said I love her first! if she dumps me you're free to try! LOL!
hey now, son, don't get so defensive lol i didn't profess my love for her, she's just one of my heroes on here

Old 04-20-2005, 01:42 AM   #82
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
is that possible with you having 13.333333333333 times as many posts as i do?

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 04-20-2005, 02:26 AM   #83
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) And he didn't do a good job with that setlist, lol! But, in all seriousness, I wonder if maybe Wind-Up told Stapp to say that in the interview. I don't understand why he would flat out lie like that, as it would only damage his reputation, which has already been damaged over the years. So that's why I'm wondering if Wind-Up perhaps told Stapp to say that, to perhaps make things look better for the GH CD. I'm not taking anyone's side, or anything, but it's something that I have wondered since I first heard Stapp say that and then Mark say another thing.
Yeah, maybe. But still... Due to AB Stapp is nothing but a liar. And he lied about stuff back in Creed too, maybe that's just the way he works. I mean, he also says he keeps contact with the guys while "the guys" just wanna get away from him.

I think the reason why he said might be that he want people to remember him as "The Creed guy". He'd sell more records. While AB does NOT want to be known as "Ah, the Creed spin-off".

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-20-2005, 06:01 AM   #84
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Im so poor, my bologna doesnt have a first name...
ROFLMAO!!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-20-2005, 08:22 AM   #85
Frankie
USER INFO »
Not sure why I'm bothering...other than Titan seemed genuinely concerned about this. Here is the one time the question was asked about the GH's...and here is Scott's answer. He just answered the question the way it was asked..."do you sit down?" "Yeah we sit down." You may think he implied it and perhaps he did...but Scott never said they were in the same room...or even in the same state for that matter. And he certainly never said they sat together for two hours. If you are going embelish what Scott says...you should make sure it's not down in writing somewhere.

Quote: DON: Now, who makes the decisions on this?

SCOTT: Me and Mark.

DON: Does Creed get together?

SCOTT: Me and Mark. Yeah. Me and Mark.

DON: And so you sit down and decide what out-takes or what behind the scenes and some of those...

SCOTT: Yeah we sit down and go through it.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:49 AM   #86
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
That doesn't change the fact that a lot of what Stapp says are either direct contradictions of himself, contradictions of what other people have said, or jsut obvious, blatant lies.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:22 PM   #87
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) it is absolutely amazing the amount of skill you have at ignoring me or twisting what i say.
amazing.
i respect peoples opinions who are different from mine. so i dont know what thats all about.
lets take Ana4Stapp for example (no specific reason, other than i think she wont mind me using her for an example, lets just) i do not agree with her stance on Stapp. it is different than mine. however, when she says that she is a Stapp fan, i respect that. i do not laugh at her, i do not mock her for being so. you, however, are one of the few who i have never seen be in disagreeance with someone in either a mature/uncondescending "its-your-loss" way. there are many views on many things, and very few truths. who says theres only one right opinion? who says there even is a right opinion?
direct question ann, DIRECT:
why is it ok for you to disect other peoples opinions, and for us to even comment on yours, it becomes a malicious attack?
and how is it not condescending for you to, oh, i dont know, for example, call Dan "D", and then, when asked to stop, merely continue?
how is that not disrespectful of a member of this board?
Everyone who isnt so pretenious to assume that there isnt a possibility that they could be wrong doubts themselves.
most people dont run around assuming theyre right about everything.

lets make a deal. i wont bother you anymore if you dont make any more patronizing posts based on difference of opinion concerning AB/Stapp. im sure many others would agree to this as well.
deal?

I too am in amazment, amber, as your reply is nothing less than i would have expected...this same ol' song and dance has been around since i have been posting...i'm "patronizing and condesending"...but it seems to only come from a "certain" group of people...and they know who they are. Thing is, to you and them...nothing short of my never posting another remark or comment again reguarding any member of AB or stapp, will continue to be interpretated as "patronizing and condesending".

i realize that my comments aren't going to please everyone...and ya know what...I'M NOT TRYING TO. If anyone takes my comments as disrespectful towards them PERSONALLY...that is their choice (interpretation)...because believe me, if i really chose to DISS somebody, i most certainly would not be posting as i do in my replies to the often rude answers back to me.

So if you want to end this thing...fine...but if i have something to say...i will continue to do so...and the only way i will be silenced is to be banned.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 04-20-2005, 12:33 PM   #88
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) hey now, son, don't get so defensive lol i didn't profess my love for her, she's just one of my heroes on here
ok, daddy! hehehe

it's all about the fun man! She's not just a hero... she's the queen, the a-b.net queen! lol

(and I'm still the pimp! :P )
Old 04-20-2005, 12:54 PM   #89
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) I too am in amazment, amber, as your reply is nothing less than i would have expected...this same ol' song and dance has been around since i have been posting...i'm "patronizing and condesending"...but it seems to only come from a "certain" group of people...and they know who they are. Thing is, to you and them...nothing short of my never posting another remark or comment again reguarding any member of AB or stapp, will continue to be interpretated as "patronizing and condesending".

i realize that my comments aren't going to please everyone...and ya know what...I'M NOT TRYING TO. If anyone takes my comments as disrespectful towards them PERSONALLY...that is their choice (interpretation)...because believe me, if i really chose to DISS somebody, i most certainly would not be posting as i do in my replies to the often rude answers back to me.

So if you want to end this thing...fine...but if i have something to say...i will continue to do so...and the only way i will be silenced is to be banned.
"this same ol'song and dance" has been around? yes it is. Surprise, surprise... you're the one singing, playing and dancing it.

I don't know if you're really just defending Stapp, which would be fine by me... but what it really seems to me you just feel good about being the one that has the different opinion, being the one that bring up controversies, being the martyr, the one who fought alone against everybody else.

And what leads me to think that? Let's take Ana4Stapp for example, again. She's more of a Stapp fan than an AB fan, although she likes both. Still, you don't see her causing arguments or people complaining over the same blah blah blah posts. Why? Coz her posts are respectful and she doesn't try and get in everybody else's nerves on purpose. But then... you may say she's an exception. Is she? Let's see... (forgive me for pointing fingers, but they're all for good people) Frankie, Julie, Robyn, titan9 (forgot your name, sorry!) and lot of other people that unfortunately aren't as active as they used to be.

I know some of them left the board think people got too harsh on Stapp, but still I don't recall of them ever causing trouble. They were always ethic and respectful.

It's clear you refuse to end this thing, although Amber proposed. Why will you push and try to force people changing their minds? They won't. The any person that can do that for them is the one and only Scott Stapp in his new solo endeavor. I wish with all my heart that he really had a heart change and made peace with himself. It seems he did, I wish he got rid of his issues and is a happy man now.

So all of the above is me trying to be nice... but if you'll reply and try to twist my words... And I honestly admit if I had more time now I could elaborate it better coz I'm not saying all I wanted...

to make things short, the thing is plain and simple:

Your current attitude is not welcomed here, in case you didn't notice it. Either change it so we can have a peaceful board as it used to be or farewell, good bye for the good of us and for your own.

We don't want to change your opinion towards Stapp or Alter Bridge. What we do want is to have a nice bulletin board to enjoy our conversations. We'd love to have you here without creating unnecessary arguments.. and all it takes is you to ve respectful. Yep, key-word: respect. Being polite is not hard and it won't hurt.

And I apologize if I was harsh, but I feel it was necessary to say the things above.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:08 PM   #90
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
ding ding ding
we have a winner
marcos, i love you too....

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller