++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-15-2005, 12:30 AM   #31
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) The guy has been through hell and back and all you care about is his the release of his CD date. How would YOU feel if you were in one of the lowest points in your life and the only way to have your "fans" still support you is for you to NOT take time to fix your life and pop out a CD as fast as you possibly can?
Give me a break. There are plenty of people who have struggled mightily in their lives and still manage to do their jobs and have to do their jobs while they straighten out because they have to survive. They don't have the means to take a year off from their work to get their shit together. If that's what he's doing, fine, but don't promise something and then not deliver.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:11 PM   #32
RMadd
USER INFO »
and wasn't Scott depressed back when Creed was together, around 2002? that's the understanding that i had. as far as i know, he's been well for quite some time now. and ditto about the not giving fans any news. sure, that's prolly wind-up's method, but i don't necessarily agree with the idea that "no news is good news". more like "no substantial, specific news for a year or two just fucking pisses me off"

Old 04-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, I think I blame Wind-up more for the lack of news than I do Scott. Afterall, it is the record label's job to keep the fans of a particular artist up to date. Of course, if Scott really, REALLY wanted his fans to be up to date, he could have probably did something.

I HATE the fact that Wind-Up doesn't (a)update their artists official sites often and (b)promote all of their artists. I hate that they just focus on a few artists, while ignoring the rest of them. Someone on the 12 Stones Bulletin Board said that they emailed Roman DeStreets(the streetteam head) and asked him why 12 Stones has not really toured in support of their latest album(released just a couple of weeks after Alter Bridge's debut). Roman's response was something along the lines of, "Wind-Up is going to focus on promoting the moneymakers: Seether, Evanescence(big shocker there, right?), Submersed and Alter Bridge." That's great that they're going to focus on giving Alter Bridge and Submersed some promotion, but what about their other artists? What about 12 Stones? What about Eric Durrance(now, like Stapp, a solo artist)? What about Stapp? What about the other Wind-Up artists? Now I know you're thinking, "but Durrance and Stapp haven't finished work on their solo efforts." You're right, but 12 Stones has finished work on their latest album and still hasn't received a single bit of promotion for it, despite good sales in the first month of release. What makes anyone think that Durrance and Stapp(as well as other Wind-Up artists who aren't in that big four) will get promotion once they release their next album(s)? I'm willing to bet that they won't. And only because they aren't "money-makers". Perhaps they would be "money-makers" if they were given promotion. If Wind-Up won't promote these other artists that deserve the promotion, they should let them go.

It's really frustrating sitting back and watching Wind-Up fail to promote some artists and fail to update their web sites. I know that if I were in their position, the sites would be updated and the artists would be promoted. Not just the "money-makers", but the lesser known(yet talented) artists would be promoted as well. I hope Wind-Up realizes that they're making a big mistake by just ignoring some of their artists. It's really bad business in the end. I guess I might have ventured a bit off topic with my venting, so I'm sorry for that.

Back on topic, though. Dogstar is right. If Scott knew that he could not get the album done by the original time-frame(the end of 2004/early 2005) then he should not have made promises. He went through a lot. I understand that and feel sympathetic in that respect. But the fact is, we all have gone through a lot and we still continue to work at our jobs, study for school and spend time with family. If Scott was going through a lot when he made the promises of the album being out by the end of 2004, he shouldn't have made those promises and should have just taken a break from work. I'm sure if he explained to his fans that he needed a break, everyone would understand. People have gotten frustrated and impatient because it almost seems like this album will never come out. I'm not one of those people, but I can understand why some are getting frustrated. They are getting frustrated because they were promised something at a specific time and it has not happened yet.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-16-2005, 02:04 PM   #34
RMadd
USER INFO »
hey, i don't mind your venting, but i'd just like to point out one thing: you're faulting a corporation for pursuing its best profit-earning interests (i.e. Seether, Submersed, Evanescence, AB). i'm not saying you're wrong for hating W-U for doing so; i, too, think it's pretty shallow to ignore a good number of your artists, especially when most of them are pretty new & small (in terms of popularity or public knowledge of them), and deserve their own chance to make music & hit it big.

Old 04-16-2005, 04:34 PM   #35
titan9
USER INFO »
Oh, I understand it's all about the money to them, as it is with all other labels. I understand that those four(let's refer to them as the "big four") are the "money-makers" for Wind-Up, but isn't it bad business to have several other artists on the label and not promote them? I'm sure they could be "money-makers" if given the chance. I'm not faulting Wind-Up for promoting the big four, just saying that it is frustrating to see other good artists go un-tapped and un-promoted.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-16-2005, 08:47 PM   #36
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, but let's face it... The reason Mark and Flip (and Brian) left Stapp was because he was and is such a big cock. I really used to like him. And I love his voice! But after Creed broke up I really look at Stapp in a new way. Now when I know the truth.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-16-2005, 11:40 PM   #37
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Ya know, if I make a post like that I get completely torn apart... you make a post like that and no one makes a sound.

More power to you, I agree completely, but the injustices on this board... lol
Old 04-17-2005, 12:21 AM   #38
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Ya know, if I make a post like that I get completely torn apart... you make a post like that and no one makes a sound.

More power to you, I agree completely, but the injustices on this board... lol
Don't worry, I'm sure there will be someone who rips Lith for that one
Old 04-17-2005, 04:52 AM   #39
Chase
USER INFO »
Look... you guys have legit reasons for being upset with Stapp. I personally don't want to be negative about his situation... I chose to be optimistic about his stuff. Perhaps Wind Up chose to change his release dates for reasons that we don't know about. I don't know the complete story.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:54 AM   #40
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, but let's face it... The reason Mark and Flip (and Brian) left Stapp was because he was and is such a big cock. I really used to like him. And I love his voice! But after Creed broke up I really look at Stapp in a new way. Now when I know the truth.

I didn't realize you had such first-hand insight into Creed's affairs.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:51 AM   #41
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I chose to be optimistic about his stuff. Perhaps Wind Up chose to change his release dates for reasons that we don't know about. I don't know the complete story.

Excellent point, Chase...but when it comes to be optimistic reguarding stapp on these bb's...well, you've seen the outcome. As for the reasons why what stapp promised did not come to pass...people need someone to blame...so if it isn't Wind-up's fault..then they will say it is his...instead of understanding that the music business, like life it's self is not always going to gear it's self to please them.

Stay optimistic...just like the rest of us that still "get it", Chase...because the best IS yet to come...

as for you, Lithium, don't have something nice to say...then why say anything? All you did was show how ignorant you really are...sometimes it's better to be thought a fool and keep your mouth shut than open it and take away all doubt.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 04-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #42
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Look... you guys have legit reasons for being upset with Stapp. I personally don't want to be negative about his situation... I chose to be optimistic about his stuff. Perhaps Wind Up chose to change his release dates for reasons that we don't know about. I don't know the complete story.

After learning what went on the last months of the Weathered tour you had to wonder if the man would even want to be involved in music again. A sad thing if he didn't. Everyone can choose to believe that delays are because he can't get it together, but I think the truth is just the opposite, and there are reasonable reasons for the delay. Rip me for that one. I really don't think that with some people here there is a legitimate reason for anything when its in relation to Stapp. If it wasn't he's a fuck up and can't even manage to get a CD out it would certainly be something else. And that's not just this place. Its every place. Well maybe not every place but you have to look pretty hard to find one

Like the above poster said. Nobody really knows the complete story, and fact of the matter is we may never know. I just choose not to bitch about it. I'll buy the CD when it comes out in August/September because I think the man still has it.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:23 PM   #43
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Oh, I understand it's all about the money to them, as it is with all other labels. I understand that those four(let's refer to them as the "big four") are the "money-makers" for Wind-Up, but isn't it bad business to have several other artists on the label and not promote them? I'm sure they could be "money-makers" if given the chance. I'm not faulting Wind-Up for promoting the big four, just saying that it is frustrating to see other good artists go un-tapped and un-promoted.
i would imagine that they've judged those "other" bands to be less profitable for spending more time promoting than on their website and on little cards inside CDs. since W-U is in the moneymaking business, i see no reason why they wouldn't have charted out each band's potential given a certain amount of advertising. and W-U pushes the bands that would appeal to the greatest number of people. i'm not saying it's right what W-U's doing by signing bands then not promoting some as much as others, but that's just the business.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:25 PM   #44
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Don't worry, I'm sure there will be someone who rips Lith for that one
lol
after i read his post, i was thinking "god, i hope he tapes his bunghole tonight!"

Old 04-17-2005, 12:54 PM   #45
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Now when I know the truth.

There's He said and they said and then somewhere in between lies the truth. My guess is that you have one person's version of the truth the way they like to tell it.