++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-19-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
nflea7
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Boston Show 8/18

Well close enough, the Comcast center is about 40 minutes south of Boston. So this was my first Creed show. I have to say I was impressed. I saw AB 3 times but it was nothing like this. Seeing the guys in an arena style setting is the way it should be. Scott's vocals sounded better than any youtube video I've heard. To be honest I was going to sell my Pit ticket and just take the cash based on the video I've seen of the first shows up to now. Great stage show Scott hit most of his vocal parts, some sounded flat but I was expecting way worse. But it did seem since I was in the pit and inside the speaker mains that the sound was different. Some of his notes were on key on stage but from behind me they sounded flat. Wierd. Awesome they filmed the music video for Overcome tonight. It may be multi night shoot, but we got to hear the song 2 times. They did 2 different takes. A few funny parts. First Scott totally skipped the 2nd verse to Arms Wide Open and caught the death glare from Tremonti like WTF?! and Scott got lost in Faceless man forgot where he was and the band filled about a minute before he picked it up again. Then the 2nd time they played Overcome at the begining of the song he goes to grab the mic in a cool way and dropped it, to his credit he did recover well and just went with it going on the catwalk getting the crowd pumped up before starting. Great show basically the same set list as Sunday night. No suprises. Overcome sounded much better than PA or NJ, but Full Circle still sounds a bit weak. I got about 22 pictures from the show, some great ones some not but kick ass night!

Ok I'll tease with a few photos
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...ea7/Creed2.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...ea7/Creed1.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...ea7/Creed3.jpg
Old 08-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #2
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »
Re: Boston Show 8/18

In Camden, NJ he missed a couple cues too. In the middle of Bullets he bolted off stage and yanked out his ear monitors, then came back out a few seconds later fumbling with new ones while the band kept playing. The song ended up being about twice as long as normal
Old 08-20-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertai...osition=recent

-The guy that did this review is a total doucebag...How can you trash a band as great as Creed??
-I say we bombard him with emails...

Last edited by Tremontiriffs77 : 08-20-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77) http://www.bostonherald.com/entertai...osition=recent

-The guy that did this review is a totally bias writer...How can you trash a band as great as Creed??
-I say we bombard him with emails...
Horribly written as well...the guy is just jealous, nothing more.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:44 AM   #5
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

at least he didn't lay on the stage again. Scared me when you said he bolted, thought oh no here we go again. wish I could have seen that death stare.

by the way I know i deserve this
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77) http://www.bostonherald.com/entertai...osition=recent
LMAO! Aping Alice In Chains???? Obviously, this idiot has NEVER seen Alice In Chains live. That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Plus, he actually gave props to Like A Storm...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #7
nflea7
USER INFO »

It was funny, as a performer myself, my bands and myself have missed my fair share of parts in songs but you try to keep your game face on and shake it off keep going. You can sell it if you don't let the audience know you F'd up. But when Scott came out of the chorus for WAWO and into the vocal cue for the guitar solo, he was about 15 feet across the stage from Mark. Mark had his signature leg up on the monitor and his head spun around and gave Scott the WTF stare and rolled with it for an extra riff before tearing into the solo. That particular part of the set Scott was off his game. That was around the same time Scott described the intro for Faceless Man, and with the lights still out Mark walked over to Scott walked him back to the drum rise with the set list and talked in his ear that Overcome was next. Scott was like "Well that journey will have to wait" He had a long preamble about taking a journey with the faceless man. Then they shot overcome twice and went to Faceless man where he forgot the bridge and how it went. The band covered for him again. then he Fubard Arms. But really it was a small part of the show, he was on fire before and after that. I think the video shoot put him off his game. Its just funny to see the Death stare cuz I've been on the other end of that before, and given it.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
nflea7
USER INFO »

Here is my Photo journal of the show
http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/h...eed%208-18-09/