++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-24-2010, 04:45 AM   #16
BSC
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno - Friday 4/23

First off, Higher? Why?

Now the positives, Stapp did well! I'm now looking forward to what else he can do nd it's so good seeing the guys today together again.

Also.. Was that Erock or Myles Kennedy?!? They look so damn alike, I'm also liking Stapp's hair.

P.S I know it was actually Erock if anyone is wondering..
Old 04-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #17
JOEINHOUSTON
USER INFO »

yeah, i was disappointed with the song selection. i don't think they won over anyone that was on the fence about creed. i think 'on my sleeve' or 'a thousand faces' would've been much more beneficial.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #18
Agent D
USER INFO »

Hahaha wow, they played Higher? Saves me the trouble of tracking down video of the performance at least. What an embarrassment.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
bigwebb83
USER INFO »

I've never even been to this site until now.... I found it last night after I googled "creed leno horrible performance". I was a creed fan back in the day. I thought there sound was awesome and alot of bands since then have been very derivative of them. That being said, the performance last night on Leno was absolutely HORRIBLE. Stapp did horrible singing. It was way below average for a live performance for a rock singer. He was off key and struggling to hit notes that I probably could've done better with. I think some of the fanboys on this site are blinded by the light of creed making a comeback. It wasn't good
Old 04-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #20
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

^I'd love to hear what you think of his vocals before this performance then lol no one said it was perfect but he's improving which is a good sign.

Anyway it's up on Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/144662/the...ri-apr-23-2010

They perform around the 36 minute mark.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #21
Odetolife
USER INFO »

I think they did awesome. Yeah it was a little fast,but they are pressed for time. And stapp did a hell of alot better, let's not bash him? C'mon he might not have the exact same voice he did back in the day, but he sure has it back in shape. GOD BLESS CREED!
Old 04-25-2010, 02:30 AM   #22
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

They should have played a song off the new album

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 04-25-2010, 05:04 AM   #23
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bigwebb83) I've never even been to this site until now.... I found it last night after I googled "creed leno horrible performance". I was a creed fan back in the day. I thought there sound was awesome and alot of bands since then have been very derivative of them. That being said, the performance last night on Leno was absolutely HORRIBLE. Stapp did horrible singing. It was way below average for a live performance for a rock singer. He was off key and struggling to hit notes that I probably could've done better with. I think some of the fanboys on this site are blinded by the light of creed making a comeback. It wasn't good

Are you sure you were watching the right peformance?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Blinded by the light of Creed's comeback? This forum has probably been more critical of Stapp than the bloody haters.

If you think that peformance was horrible, then i'm glad you haven't seen any of the older videos from the reunion.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #24
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Odetolife) I think they did awesome. Yeah it was a little fast,but they are pressed for time. And stapp did a hell of alot better, let's not bash him? C'mon he might not have the exact same voice he did back in the day, but he sure has it back in shape. GOD BLESS CREED!
Thank You Its A Blessings Just To Be Wit Fans That Pull Together As One GOD BLESS YOU Peace Be With You
Old 04-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #25
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

They probably played higher for the 25-28 year olds that dug that song back when it was new and see the Creed got back together and tickets for the tour are only $20 so they would go. the performance was pretty good. stapp sings much softer now, the growl is gone, hopefully with the mane the growl will return. While I think it's a bit premature to say stapp is back after two songs, I think he's in the best shape since Delray. Mark and Stapp seemed the trade smiles often through the song. I would also like to say that I was the one to say once his hair came back the voice would soon follow. I was right, eat it biotchez.

Quote: (Originally Posted by bigwebb83) I've never even been to this site until now.... I found it last night after I googled "creed leno horrible performance". I was a creed fan back in the day. I thought there sound was awesome and alot of bands since then have been very derivative of them. That being said, the performance last night on Leno was absolutely HORRIBLE. Stapp did horrible singing. It was way below average for a live performance for a rock singer. He was off key and struggling to hit notes that I probably could've done better with. I think some of the fanboys on this site are blinded by the light of creed making a comeback. It wasn't good
Haterz gonna hate.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #26
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) They should have played a song off the new album

Yeah, it's just stunning that they would go with Higher AGAIN. It's humiliating, far more than Stapp's deteriotating voice. This new album has been out since October and how many times have they actually performed any of the new songs on live tv? It just reinforces the perception that they're an old, one-trick pony.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #27
Creed009
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Yeah, it's just stunning that they would go with Higher AGAIN. It's humiliating, far more than Stapp's deteriotating voice. This new album has been out since October and how many times have they actually performed any of the new songs on live tv? It just reinforces the perception that they're an old, one-trick pony.

Read the article below. The Tonight Show producers asked Creed to perform "Higher." It wasn't the band's idea. Also, I'm not sure if you listened to the same performance that the rest of us did, but Stapp's voice sounded great.

http://www.livedaily.com/news/creed-...nti-22025.html
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #28
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed009) Read the article below. The Tonight Show producers asked Creed to perform "Higher." It wasn't the band's idea. Also, I'm not sure if you listened to the same performance that the rest of us did, but Stapp's voice sounded great.

http://www.livedaily.com/news/creed-...nti-22025.html

The band should've had the balls to say no. It is not helping their image to perform songs that were popular ten years ago. And my point was that it's irrelevant how good Stapp sounded, his quality performance is negated by the fact that that Higher is old news.

Also, having read the article, I'm horrified at Stapp's comments about only playing five songs off of Full Circle. That's incredible. It's the fricking Full Circle tour and you're only going to do five songs off it? Wow.

Last edited by Agent D : 04-27-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:37 AM   #29
nagpo
USER INFO »

They should play all Full circle songs and some of their previous songs. You'd think people would get tired of hearing Higher. You'd also think Stapp would get tired of people asking him to do WAWO.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #30
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) The band should've had the balls to say no. It is not helping their image to perform songs that were popular ten years ago. And my point was that it's irrelevant how good Stapp sounded, his quality performance is negated by the fact that that Higher is old news.

Also, having read the article, I'm horrified at Stapp's comments about only playing five songs off of Full Circle. That's incredible. It's the fricking Full Circle tour and you're only going to do five songs off it? Wow.

Should have had the balls to say no? Well.. Then they would have got kicked off the show.

Stapp's comment?? It was Mark's comment.

Also, he says "We'll cycle through the songs" which means they won't be playing the same 5 songs, it'll just be 5 new songs per night. Which sounds reasonable. They have alot of hits which are must-haves for a setlist.

He also said they'd be dusting off material, which gets me excited.

If you're going to make a post like that, atleast know what you're talking about.