++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #16
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Am I the only one sick of WAWO?

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) I suppose Nickelback must have toured with Creed.. Or played at the same festival or something.

Or by breaking up Creed gave them the number 1 spot on the radio and allowed them to become the band that most people love or hate.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
maccamer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) I suppose Nickelback must have toured with Creed.. Or played at the same festival or something.

Creed had Nickelback open the shows in 2000 with Sevendust. That is why Sevendust has always given Creed respect. Creed exposed BOTH bands to mainstream national audiences. Nobody had barely even heard of Nickelback prior to touring with Creed except for their local following in Canada. They had one song on the radio.... Leader of Men. After that, Nickelback exploded with popularity. And yes, they did put on a great show and had some great songs that nobody had heard.

Interesting note: They don't even play that single during their live shows anymore. I saw Nickelback on Aug 29th at the Gorge in WA, I couldn't believe they played nothing off their first album The State. Not Leader of Men or Breath. Sell out F*ckers!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #18
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

But Chad kroeger has said in interviews he doesnt like Creed? Talk about contridicting yourself...Whatever, Ya Nickelback can thank Creed for having a credit card thats got not limit!

On a Sevendust note, ya I remember Sevendust fans calling them sellouts for touring with Creed but I know all the guys in Sevendust are friends with Mark,Brian, and Flip
Old 09-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #19
BSC
USER INFO »

Chad Kroeger contradicting himself.. Yeah... Remember when he said he didn't want kids playing Guitar Hero? Two weeks after Nickelback's song "Because of You" was released onto Guitar Hero: World Tour.. Yes I bought it.

To Maccamer they haven't played anything off The State/Curb for a very LONG time. Probably because their fanbase mostly consists of female teenagers who wouldn't know good music/lyrics if it was put in their face.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #20
George Brasil
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to George Brasil Send a message via MSN to George Brasil

That sucks for Nickelback. I remember liking them around 2001/2002 and I loved The State, to be honest I never liked Kroeger's voice but the music rocked. By now I think Nickelback is just a bunch of guys wanting to earn some extra cash, and what most sucks about Nickelback is that they "fired" their first fan base when they start releasing some purely comercial songs.

I can't believe they don't play "Leader Of Man" anymore.

For Sevendust, I love them! I remember last year Lajon said he respects Alter Bridge and the guys a lot for all the respect and support the guys, when they were first in Creed, had to them and he also said Stapp helped them a lot too.

CREED - Full Circle(In Stores 10/27)