++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-22-2005, 07:20 PM   #1
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stapp good reviews from billboard

Heres the great divide review from billboard:It has arrived late in the year, but Scott Stapp's solo debut is the surprise of 2005. The title track set expectations that "The Great Divide" would be another Creed album, but guess again. Stapp sheds that template for a rawer sound featuring catchy, driving guitar licks (the fierce "Reach Out," "The Hard Way") and experiments like the Johnny Cash-inflected "Justify." "Sublime" and "Soar" have sweet sentiments but are also strong on inspiration. For all the rock blaze, the set is meant to uplift, focusing on survival, redemption, forgiveness and thankfulness. Stapp is so confident that it's easy to call his messages smug and preachy. But gospel rouser "Broken," a praise-and-worship tearjerker, proves otherwise. As he joyfully sings, "I'm broken," you know his gratitude is sincere and that the man has truly become whole. —Christa L. Titus
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 11-22-2005, 07:30 PM   #2
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Reach Out is "fierce?" LOL I don't know about that.

He will never make it on his own. It's just a matter of time until he is banging down Tremonti's door, begging for a Creed reunion. I hope Tremonti tells him to shove it.

Last edited by Chris98GT : 11-22-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:45 PM   #3
titan9
USER INFO »
Definitely nice to see a lot of reviews out for TGD so soon-and practically all of them are praising the album! I have a good feeling about TGD being successful-a very good feeling.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:23 PM   #4
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Reach Out is "fierce?" LOL I don't know about that.

He will never make it on his own. It's just a matter of time until he is banging down Tremonti's door, begging for a Creed reunion. I hope Tremonti tells him to shove it.

Don't turn this into a debate. You want facts? Alter Bridge has been subjected to being an opening band at times because of their inability to become well known. Some people know who they are, but most people still think Creed is together. Their talent and their popularity are two completely different things. If you think that Stapp won't last... that's fine. But it won't take much for him to become more successful than Alter Bridge in terms of record sells and concert sell outs. Alter Bridge is an amazing band... but the true blame lies with Wind-Up for not really promoting Alter Bridge as well as they should be.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:13 PM   #5
caseycarson
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Reach Out is "fierce?" LOL I don't know about that.

I'm not saying TGD is neccessarily good or not, but I think he'll be MUCH more successful than AB in album sales and concert attendance. I think it would be good for both of them to make amends and get back together.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:51 PM   #6
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Heres the great divide review from billboard:It has arrived late in the year, but Scott Stapp's solo debut is the surprise of 2005. The title track set expectations that "The Great Divide" would be another Creed album, but guess again. Stapp sheds that template for a rawer sound featuring catchy, driving guitar licks (the fierce "Reach Out," "The Hard Way") and experiments like the Johnny Cash-inflected "Justify." "Sublime" and "Soar" have sweet sentiments but are also strong on inspiration. For all the rock blaze, the set is meant to uplift, focusing on survival, redemption, forgiveness and thankfulness. Stapp is so confident that it's easy to call his messages smug and preachy. But gospel rouser "Broken," a praise-and-worship tearjerker, proves otherwise. As he joyfully sings, "I'm broken," you know his gratitude is sincere and that the man has truly become whole. —Christa L. Titus
The Johnny Cash Inflected JUSTIFY I Liked That
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 11-23-2005, 04:26 AM   #7
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

you are wrong in two cases here