++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-12-2006, 05:28 PM   #1
metalchris25
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Why is giving so important?

Jesus spoke about giving more than any other subject.

The word Hope- mentioned 186 times.

The word Love and all of it's derivatives- used 733 times.

The word Give or Giving- used 2,285 times.

Seven positive benefits happen to your life every time you give:

1. Giving makes me more like God. James 1:5
2. Giving draws me closer to God. Matt. 6:21
3. Giving breaks the grip of materialism in your life. Matt. 6:24
4. Giving strengthens your faith. 2 Cor. 9:13
5. Giving is an investment for eternity. 1 Timothy 6:18-19
6. Giving blesses us in return. Proverbs 22:9
7. Giving makes me happy. Acts 20:35

"Give...not with regret, or out of a sense of duty; for God loves the one who gives gladly. God is able to make it up to you by giving you everything you need and more so that there will not only be enough for your own needs, but plenty left over to give joyfully to others." 2 Cor.9:7-8
Old 04-12-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
bilal
USER INFO »
Re: Why is giving so important?

beautiful
Old 04-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
The Lord Loves A Cheerfull Giver

AMEN*** God Uses All His Givers In Different Ways if its through money or through just doing a favor to help those in need out God Cant Work unless People Obey Him sometimes we think we are giving more and we are giving less because we dont know what must be given and the most importan thing you cold give to anybody is love understanding God Takes Care Of The Needs Of Those Who Really Need It First and if you feel one person cant do enough then their is nothing MORE PRESICIOUS THAN PRAYER AMEN!!!! LORD I CANT DO IT BUT I KNOW YOU CAN HE WILL SEND HELP FROM HIS HOLY HEAVEN GOOD STEADY PRAYER IT CHANGES THINGS The Lord Knows The Amount Of The Gift That Is Given Blessed is the women He Gave The Penny for it was all she had, St Luke 17.10.14 ....Two Men Went up into the temple to pray the one a pharisee and the other a publician the pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself God i thank thee that i,am not as other men aunjust sinneres or even as this publican i fast twice in the week i give Tiths Of All That I possess And The Publican Standing Off Would Not Lift Up So Much As His Eyes unto heaven , but smote upon his breast saying God Be Merciful To Me A Sinner i tell you this man went down to his house justified rather than the other for eveyone that exalteth himself shall be abased and he that humbles himself shall be exalted
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-13-2006, 01:08 PM   #4
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Also Luke.14.7.11

the parable of the honoured place,
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-17-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) Jesus spoke about giving more than any other subject.

The word Hope- mentioned 186 times.

The word Love and all of it's derivatives- used 733 times.

The word Give or Giving- used 2,285 times.

Seven positive benefits happen to your life every time you give:

1. Giving makes me more like God. James 1:5
2. Giving draws me closer to God. Matt. 6:21
3. Giving breaks the grip of materialism in your life. Matt. 6:24
4. Giving strengthens your faith. 2 Cor. 9:13
5. Giving is an investment for eternity. 1 Timothy 6:18-19
6. Giving blesses us in return. Proverbs 22:9
7. Giving makes me happy. Acts 20:35

"Give...not with regret, or out of a sense of duty; for God loves the one who gives gladly. God is able to make it up to you by giving you everything you need and more so that there will not only be enough for your own needs, but plenty left over to give joyfully to others." 2 Cor.9:7-8

If I were to sit here and judge I would say that giving isn't based on the bibe because there is a personal benifit for it therefore it is a selfish motive. Now what if an Atheist is charitable? why would an Atheist give... Ask Bill Gates or Angelina Jolie they are both Atheists and they give tons. Besides the ovbious tax write off what is there benifit? well I don't see any...Every Atheist I know is very giving myself included reason? well I can speak for myself in saying I have never taken a tax write off for any donation I have made... I do it because you only get one time around and you want to make sure that you can help make it the best it can be for as many as possible. just my 2 cents
Old 04-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
bilal
USER INFO »

and so religions are based on mans nature..................they are not made for animals or barbarians..................all relgions depicts what nature and soul accepts.............giving is just one of it...........but religon makes it compulsory
Old 04-17-2006, 07:25 PM   #7
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

yes but they set it up to be a selfhish act rather than a selfless act. I find a person more virtuous who gives with out incentive than one who gives for selfish reasons (i.e. religions so called benifits such as bulding up treasures in heaven and such).
Old 04-17-2006, 08:20 PM   #8
bilal
USER INFO »

yeh....lunar........its great that people also give not as relgious requirment but out fo pitty or caring for othes......and thats simply great too.....and as i said earlier.........its human nature...............but as far as giving as a relgious duty.........i being a muslim knows that if i give with any inteniton of showing off or that ill ask for a favour in return....my givings will infacct become a laibilty for me and illl be accountable for it................... relgion forces me to give and to give selflessly................i mean.......if al lthe community is giving to the poor, then we can also expect benifits like low crime or more brotherhood...............u know........ the fact is that relgion binds you to give is to keep this giving thing alive in all of us.........i know many people that wont give otherwise but give only becuse relgion asks em too...........e.g in Islam.....we are suppose to give some portion according to our power and will from what we have over and above our requiremnts and then there is the 30th DAy of month of RAmadan......when every muslim who has a savings above a limit has to give some 3% of it to poors....and thats compulsory one....so all i am saying is that Giving is very important too keep society balanced and relgion also supports it, and yes those people who give not being religous must be kind harted and very rational people who undersstand its importance
Old 04-18-2006, 08:00 AM   #9
metalchris25
USER INFO »

It was not set up to be a selfish act. Apparently you did not read the scripture at the end.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #10
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) yes but they set it up to be a selfhish act rather than a selfless act. I find a person more virtuous who gives with out incentive than one who gives for selfish reasons (i.e. religions so called benifits such as bulding up treasures in heaven and such).
i hear ya only God Knows which i know you dont believe in GOD So May The Force Be With You back to the point Only The Force Knows HOW Much Value A Gift Or A Deed Holds And Some Folks May Have Touched A Stranger Or An Angel In Disguise By Just Giving Theme A Ride Or A Cup Of Water Or Bought Theme A Meal And UNWARE OF HOW MUCH THAT MEANT TO THE FORCE!!! And its value therof ..And Some still Give Excpecting More And Return And Unware Of What They Have Already Given
Old 04-18-2006, 10:42 AM   #11
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) It was not set up to be a selfish act. Apparently you did not read the scripture at the end.

But you see Chris I have read "scripture" and I am telling you based on what I have read that giving is required and that there are insentives given to coax giving so in fact giving is not a selfless act in the Christian faith weather the person (christian) admits it or not weather it is concious or not there is a selfish motive there for some sort of reward weather it be imeadiate gratification or future heavenly treasure it is selfish.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #12
bilal
USER INFO »

Lunar....ur right............LOrd has given us many benefits just to pass his test.................giving is one of his test............u have to part with something u dearly love.............and u have to part with it just for the love of ur LOrd............and LOrd having created us......knows that man makes mistakes and do get lost in worldy things.......in helping us passing the test....Lord has promised for a reward in return..........and in helpin us not to commit sins.....Lord has asked us not to do it just for HIS love ....but in addition has set punishment for that......see.........LOrd has provided every means to mankind to pass his test .................but still we fail to deliver back to the LOrd.........u might see this as a selfish act by a beleiver.............but infact.......its the Mercy and Benefiiciancy of LOrd that is in play.................life isnt that hard for a believer.......

Last edited by bilal : 04-20-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #13
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) Lunar....ur right............LOrd has given us many benefits just to pass his test.................giving is one of his test............u have to part with something u dearly love.............and u have to part with it just for the love of ur LOrd............and LOrd having created us......knows that man makes mistakes and do get lost in worldy things.......in helping us passing the test....Lord has promised for a reward in return..........and in helpin us not to commit sins.....Lord has asked us not to do it just for HIS love ....but in addition has set punishment for that......see.........LOrd has provided every means to mankind to pass his test .................but still we fail to deliver back to the LOrd.........u might see this as a selfish act by a beleiver.............but infact.......its the Mercy and Benefiiciancy of LOrd that is in play.................life isnt that hard for a believer.......
.................................................. .............................. PRAISE DA LORD PRAISE DA LORD DA PRAYER HUGS!!!! I WILL SAY UNTO THEE GIVE UNTO CEASER THAT WHICH IS CEASERS GIVE UNTO GOD THAT WHICH IS GODS Which Is All Your Love Body Mind And Soul .....And You Shall In Now Wise Loose Any Treasures Or Any Rewards !!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #14
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Lunar, thats like saying that you shouldn't wake up in the morning cause you'll be rewarded by getting to live that day.^^^

Would not let me quote you here for some reason.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #15
Lechium
USER INFO »

If giving is important, than taking is equally important, because if noone's taking than you cannot give.
So greedy people who only want to take stuff are vital according to Christianity?