++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 09-18-2003, 04:53 PM   #31
devils_here
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to devils_here Send a message via Yahoo to devils_here
I know I'm a little late jumping on this thread but hey:P
Mine is also mostly a list of 80's hair bands:

Billy Joel 1980 (I was 9)
Bon Jovi x5 through late 80's into early 90's
Cinderella (opened for BJ they were brand new)
Skid Row (opened for BJ also brand new)
Bad Company (opened for BJ)
Ted Nugent uke: (opened for BJ)
Motley Crue (Dr Feelgood)
LA Guns uke: (opened for Crue)
Dream Theater
I Mother Earth (don't even think they are still around: opened for Dream Theater)
Savatage x2
Peter Criss uke: (not my choice, husband's band opened for them)
Sabastian Bach (solo did a lot of Skid Row tunes)
Jerry Cantrall (opened for Creed)
12 Stones (opened for Creed)
Creed (Weathered)

Not a real impressive list but hopefully it will get better in the coming year :P

"I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."
Old 10-25-2003, 03:34 AM   #32
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Clay Walker -- This was my first concert. He put on a good show and made it a lot of fun. I would go see him again as long as I wasn't spending all of my money on someone else. I don't remember the opening act's name but they were alright for an opening act.

Oleander -- Opening for 3 Doors Down. I had never heard of them before, but thought they did a good job of getting everyone warmed up. Especially the last half of their set which really started to get everyone moving.

Fuel -- Middle act for the 3 Doors Down concert. Fuel did the best in my opinion that night. They really rocked!!

3 Doors Down -- Heavier live in my opinion and that is a good thing.

E'nuff Z'nuff -- I hope I'm spelling that right. Never really cared for them but they were opening for the Poison, Quiet Riot, and Warrant concert. The worst band I've seen live.

Quiet Riot -- Alright so I only know the bands hits and that's pretty much what they played. I thought they were alright but wouldn't pay to see just them.

Warrant -- Very good. Played to the crowd pretty well and rocked the house.

Poison -- Lots of pyro! Which is fine. After the initial high I really thought they put on the best show I had seen up to that point.

Cheap Trick -- Saw half of their set at the Beale Street Music Festival in 2002. I thought they were pretty good.

Puddle of Mudd -- Awesome set! Great warm-up for Incubus at the Festival.

Incubus -- Up to this point Incubus became the best live act for me. Lots of energy, great singing, etc. Really enjoyed it.

Bonnie Raitt -- I only got to catch one song from her set at the Festival, but it was really nice. Would love to see a whole show.

Bruce Springsteen -- I've seen Bruce five times, and he is hands down the best performer/musician ever!! All five times have been on his Rising tour. He really rocks. His music is heavier live and he's got amazing energy. The band is very tight and the interaction with the crowd is fantastic! Bruce kills on guitar live! The man can tear it up when need be. Which if anyone has heard his stuff before he was ever signed to a record deal back in '73 would know for sure. Simply amazing! Words never do justice when I try to describe his shows. As a matter of fact I'm already saving up money for his next tour. I say it will be two years, give or take a little, so I can have a good stash going. This is coming to you from a 20 year old--check him out! B)
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/
Old 11-13-2003, 10:12 PM   #33
dysfunction
USER INFO »
Creed
Staind
Sammy Hagar
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi
Bruce Springsteen- I saw him on my 18th birthday he has got to be the greatest performer ever. He is easily the best I have ever seen. The guy played a 3 1/2 hour concert and went non stop.
Don't show can't believe it
Want to show that I'm good for something
I can't you won't let me
All your artificial words won't heal me
Because you can't accept me
Old 11-13-2003, 11:13 PM   #34
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Creed, 2 times. Absolutely incredible. NOTHING can come close to the Creed shows.

Default (co-headlining with Creed)- really good, but i was too excited for Creed to get into their show. Reflecting on it i realized they put on one of the better concerts that I've seen.

12 Stones- opening for creed- great rock band. They have lots of energy on the stage. I hope they get more support on their second album.

Jerry Cantrell- as my dad said "Im going to get a drink, this guy sucks". I for once will agree with my dad. Cantrell sucked. He was drunk/stoned. He sounded horrible, and then he swore at the crowd calling us a bunch of mother f#$#%^#$ creed lovers and that we were all pansies who dont deserve f@#$@^%$^ something or other. Yeah he was basically booed off of the stage. No one was happy with him.

Kutless- great hard rock band. They bring a lot to the table at the show. Moshing with them was awesome. Great guys, loud music and a great message.

The Swift- first time not good, second time I loved them. Different style of music but fun.

Mercy Me- not my kind of music, but a good show

Audio Adrenaline-fun concert

Winterjam-lots of acts, favorites were KJ-52 and Tait

Shania Twain-overall entertaining

Michael W. Smith- very nicely done show

SHATTERED VIEW- Great concert, wide range of sounds (soft accoustics to hard rock). Lots of energy in the room. Ranks up in my top 3.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:18 PM   #35
dysfunction
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Iced+11-14-2003 04:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iced @ 11-14-2003 04:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Kutless-&nbsp; great hard rock band.&nbsp; They bring a lot to the table at the show.&nbsp; Moshing with them was awesome.&nbsp; Great guys,&nbsp; loud music and a great message.

[/b][/quote]
I didn't think anyone had heard of them. They do rock and are very similar to Creed.
Don't show can't believe it
Want to show that I'm good for something
I can't you won't let me
All your artificial words won't heal me
Because you can't accept me
Old 11-13-2003, 11:21 PM   #36
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Iced, it's too bad Jerry Cantrell was off the day you saw him. I saw him three times last year, once with Creed and twice on his solo tour, and every show rocked. I think the pairing with Creed was a bad idea, but he really is a very talented writer and guitar player. A lot of today's bands were influenced by him and other bands from the early '90s.