++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-21-2005, 01:04 AM   #1
tru2mine
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
what do you guys think?

Does hearing all the interviews alterbridge is doing about the break up of creed, and stapp being so hard to deal with change anyones feelings of creed. Im mean if stapp is really as bad as they say he was does that make things different as far as the feeling creed gives you.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
It upsets me, that's for sure. I just don't believe that Stapp was that hard to deal with.....

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
No, Creeds music touched me and made do things like travel all over the country to see them. I feel blessed to see them as much as I did , and to have seen the final Creed concert. They saved the best for last. On another note, those of you that know me know that I went through a very bad year last year. I had to deal with something very personal that at times I thought I wanted to die. I was given different drugs for my moods. I completely know how Scott felt. After a few months of being on those drugs , I just didn't care about anything or anyone, including myself. I didn't care about my job, my family , or my life. Thankfully I realized that these drugs were changing the person that I use to be. These drugs were prescribed to me for depression, I took Lexapro, and Zoloft. I know that these drugs can change a person.
I believe everything that Alter Bridge are saying about Scott are true, Scott even said so himself. However, I also believe that they should bury the hatchet and communicate again , not as a band but as the friends that they all use to be. Hopefully they'll see that he is the same person that he was in the beginning before their rise to fame. I quit taking the drugs and dealt with the problems myself. I am happier than I use to be and look forward to each and everyday, and thank God for pulling me through.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:56 AM   #4
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN) However, I also believe that they should bury the hatchet and communicate again , not as a band but as the friends that they all use to be. Hopefully they'll see that he is the same person that he was in the beginning before their rise to fame.

I agree, I'd like to see them just stop all this bashing and try to mend their friendship.

Old 01-21-2005, 10:00 AM   #5
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It doesn't change the way I feel about Creed's music one bit.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #6
Agent D
USER INFO »
Let me speak from personal experience and say that when you have to deal with someone for three years or so that is a complete prick, you generally have no desire to speak to that person after finally ridding yourself of them.

Now I'm not saying I know for sure that's how AB feels toward Stapp. But this is still new, the whole breakup thing. It obviously wasn't a clean break. You can't expect them to act like good buddies, as if they just wanted to do different things. That's obviously not the case.

But in answer to the question, no, all this stuff hasn't changed the way I view Creed's work. It's still top-notch.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:01 PM   #7
tru2mine
USER INFO »
It didnt change the way i feel about there work either. i listen to creed now more than ever and it still drags me through all the emotions it did when i first heard it. I dont think the break up was completely about stapp and his attitude, im be going out on a limb here but i think mark wanted more recognition than he was getting. I think there may have been a huge clash of egos throughout creeds career. I like alterbridge i like the guitar in it, i think mark is an excellent guitarist but it has no where near the effect on that creed did. Sorry i know im jumpin around but i read everyones posts all over this board and i never really say anything, i just maybe it was time to jump in.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:08 PM   #8
titan9
USER INFO »
Let me clarify what I've said. What has been said in recent interviews hasn't changed my opinion of Creed's music. I still listen to Creed as much as I did before.

Old 01-21-2005, 02:55 PM   #9
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
There's a difference between liking the music and liking the individual musicians. Nothing will change the way I feel about the music. I've always liked Creed's music and nothing will change that - no matter what the members do or what people say about them or about me. I've taken lots of "heat" for being a Creed fan from friends and others. But who cares... I like it so that's what counts

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-21-2005, 02:56 PM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Worship the music, not the musician. Who said that? Somebody said that. *scratches head

Jughead?
Janice?
Jangey?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-21-2005, 02:58 PM   #11
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
What they've said really hasn't changed me, because I didn't start to listen to them because they spoke highly of each other. However, what they've said has changed my opinion that Stapp probably isn't an easy person to work with. From what they say about his attitude, Brian originally leaving, then his not working with Tea Party anymore, changing album producers, pushing the album date back, and a few other things. They just seem to be on a different mental level.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 01-21-2005, 05:44 PM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »
I still like Creed, still listen to 'em. The interviews have changed my opinion of Scott only, not of the whole band, and not of Flip or Mark (or Brian, for that matter).

Old 01-30-2005, 04:28 AM   #13
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tru2mine) Does hearing all the interviews alterbridge is doing about the break up of creed, and stapp being so hard to deal with change anyones feelings of creed. Im mean if stapp is really as bad as they say he was does that make things different as far as the feeling creed gives you.
Of course it makes a difference to them. He was an asshole who was hard to deal with. They knew him, we didn't.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-30-2005, 07:23 AM   #14
renbergs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Worship the music, not the musician. Who said that?

Whoever said that was a very wise person!

Personally I don't give a shit about Stapp or Tremonti as private persons! I don't know them and never will get to know them, so it will always be impossible for me to have any kind of opinion about who's the ass and who's not!

Their music rules and that's what matters to me!
Old 01-30-2005, 08:26 AM   #15
scrit
USER INFO »
It doesn't make that big a difference to me. The music is still as good as ever. I was dissapointed when they broke up, but then we got Alterbridge so now I'm fine.

Back to the actual topic. I really don't much how they are as people as long as the music is good.

-U2