++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 03-21-2004, 02:36 AM   #16
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Finally got "The Other Side" today, well yesterday now. I really enjoy it. I think I was looking forward to it more than many Godsmack fans (though not all) because I listen to a lot of different music. I was excited to hear that Godsmack was going to try things acoustically. It's nice that any band is willing to keep themselves fresh and new especially a hard rock/heavy metal band making an acoustic ep.

I think my favorite is "Touche". Even though there isn't a lot of lyrics the song really draws me in and keeps my attention. Great sound and vocals especially. "Keep Away" gives "Touche" a run for it's money because it happens to be, I would say, in my top five of Godsmack songs already from the electric version. "Asleep" has to be the biggest change from all of the re-worked songs. It's acoustic of course and slowed down tremendously. Very nice work on that one.

The only downside is that I believe "Spiral" bares similarities to "Voodoo" just a tad too much, but I can look past that. Of course I don't mean similarities in lyrics.

Definitely worth the eight dollars I spent, and I would give it at least three stars out of five. I would probably give them four when it comes down to it because they went the acoustic route.
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/
Old 03-21-2004, 02:22 PM   #17
creedchick02
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing) Finally got "The Other Side" today, well yesterday now. I really enjoy it. I think I was looking forward to it more than many Godsmack fans (though not all) because I listen to a lot of different music. I was excited to hear that Godsmack was going to try things acoustically. It's nice that any band is willing to keep themselves fresh and new especially a hard rock/heavy metal band making an acoustic ep.

I think my favorite is "Touche". Even though there isn't a lot of lyrics the song really draws me in and keeps my attention. Great sound and vocals especially. "Keep Away" gives "Touche" a run for it's money because it happens to be, I would say, in my top five of Godsmack songs already from the electric version. "Asleep" has to be the biggest change from all of the re-worked songs. It's acoustic of course and slowed down tremendously. Very nice work on that one.

The only downside is that I believe "Spiral" bares similarities to "Voodoo" just a tad too much, but I can look past that. Of course I don't mean similarities in lyrics.

Definitely worth the eight dollars I spent, and I would give it at least three stars out of five. I would probably give them four when it comes down to it because they went the acoustic route.

What a great review Smilin......You should do that as a living...
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 03-21-2004, 07:02 PM   #18
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) LOL Great tminds think alike hugh?
I a am sure going to miss you in VEGAS!

YES!!! We do!!
Back at ya babe, I'm sooo going to miss you too!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 03-21-2004, 10:24 PM   #19
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedchick02) What a great review Smilin......You should do that as a living...

Thanks so much! Just giving my opinion of course. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to have someone writing a good review of my (future?) band. LOL

BTW, is that you and Dave from Disturbed? Awesome pic!

Old 03-22-2004, 07:01 PM   #20
creedchick02
USER INFO »
Quote: BTW, is that you and Dave from Disturbed? Awesome pic!

Yes that is David and my daughter Jessie, we met him in a parking lot before a Disturbed concert, he called us crazy because we got there at 10am and i sacraficed my pic with him for her, she is still in heavan....lol
Old 03-22-2004, 08:00 PM   #21
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedchick02) Yes that is David and my daughter Jessie, we met him in a parking lot before a Disturbed concert, he called us crazy because we got there at 10am and i sacraficed my pic with him for her, she is still in heavan....lol

That is very cool!! Too bad you both didn't get in the pic with him. Was he really nice? He seems to be nice and intelligent as well. I can't wait to see Disturbed live one day.

Old 03-22-2004, 09:28 PM   #22
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedchick02) What a great review Smilin......You should do that as a living...

Smilin... I agree with creedchick on that!!! I think you should open threads more often. I do love the way that you review bands/concerts/cd's after seeing this thread and what you reviewed about Silvertide! You got a great taste of music and very diverse too IMO! THNX!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 03-23-2004, 01:07 AM   #23
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) Smilin... I agree with creedchick on that!!! I think you should open threads more often. I do love the way that you review bands/concerts/cd's after seeing this thread and what you reviewed about Silvertide! You got a great taste of music and very diverse too IMO! THNX!

Thanks WW!! I often don't start threads too much because I'm not sure if anyone would be interested. lol Thanks for the compliment on the music too. So I guess I'll start my thread extolling the virtues of Bruce Springsteen now.

Old 03-23-2004, 08:27 PM   #24
creedchick02
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing) That is very cool!! Too bad you both didn't get in the pic with him. Was he really nice? He seems to be nice and intelligent as well. I can't wait to see Disturbed live one day.

He was very nice, he did not have to come over and talk to us, and as far as me getting in the pic well i had a brain freeze as soon as i saw him i thought of a few things to ask him AS soon as he left . but it was still a plasure
Old 03-23-2004, 09:03 PM   #25
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedchick02) He was very nice, he did not have to come over and talk to us, and as far as me getting in the pic well i had a brain freeze as soon as i saw him i thought of a few things to ask him AS soon as he left . but it was still a plasure

LOL about the brain freeze. I had the same thing when I almost met Bruce Springsteen. Well, first there was the hyperventilating. Nothing intelligent hardly ever enters my brain when I meet someone until after the fact.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:52 PM   #26
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
I know I would do the same thing if I ever got/get to meet any of my idols!! I think I would faint and pass out , or most likely, act like a total reject!! I keep thinking about those basketball kids that got to meet APC on the Leno show...If that would have been me, I would have done the Wayne's World bow to Maynard and say....I'm not worthy, I'm scum, I suck!! Because for me, Maynard is "The Man"...him and Danny Carey!! I'd just DIE if I ever got to meet them...I'm still pissed at myself for not checking at OzzFest last year, to see when Disturbed was doing signings....I didn't find out til it was way too late...my daughters best friends ex-boyfriend was showing off his autographs from Disturbed, and I thought I was going to die....why couldn't I have met them!!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 03-24-2004, 12:43 AM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, I might plunk down 6 or 8 bucks for this CD. I do love acoustic stuff, and I'm not a big Godsmack fan, but for that price, I just might do it. Thanks for all the info, you guys.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:58 AM   #28
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Well, I might plunk down 6 or 8 bucks for this CD. I do love acoustic stuff, and I'm not a big Godsmack fan, but for that price, I just might do it. Thanks for all the info, you guys.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed especially for the price. I think a lot of non-Godsmack fans can enjoy it as well. It's not too shabby.

Old 03-25-2004, 05:50 AM   #29
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Well, I might plunk down 6 or 8 bucks for this CD. I do love acoustic stuff, and I'm not a big Godsmack fan, but for that price, I just might do it. Thanks for all the info, you guys.
Hey Girl, I can always burn it for you too!! We need to have a discussion about Godsmack when we get together in April...I know you're not a fan, which makes me really sad because we have so much the same taste in music. I think maybe I should bring my DVD of the show I went to after CreedFeedFest II, from June of last year, and you can see how AWESOME they are live (IMO) You just might like it!!

Old 03-25-2004, 01:51 PM   #30
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by luvscott4ever) Hey Girl, I can always burn it for you too!! We need to have a discussion about Godsmack when we get together in April...I know you're not a fan, which makes me really sad because we have so much the same taste in music. I think maybe I should bring my DVD of the show I went to after CreedFeedFest II, from June of last year, and you can see how AWESOME they are live (IMO) You just might like it!!

I would love to see what they do live, so bring that DVD with you. Sometimes, a live performance can make all the difference. There was one Jerry song on Degradation Trip that hadn't hooked me on the CD, but man, when that song was played live (as the opener) it fuggin KICKED AZZ!!!! It's now one of my favorites. So, you never, luvscott, maybe Sully and Co.'s live stuff will hook me. I'm always willing to try .

And thanks for the offer to burn it!!! You ROCK!