++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-27-2004, 08:37 AM   #31
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
It's me, CreedGoddess

I saw your post and thought I copy what I posted over at MTnet.

About mentioning the lead singer - up until now it was asked that people "in the know" (i.e. Michael) not mention him by name because, frankly, the label wanted to be the one to introduce him. When I went to the rehearsal, the same thing was asked of me and so I honored that.

At Fliponline however, Flip's mom posted (with Flip's permission) and mentioned Myles by name; basically letting the unofficial/official cat out of the bag. Both Fliponline and CreedPit ran with it. And that's how that's goes.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:18 PM   #32
JenRN
USER INFO »
Let's see another pic of him!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-27-2004, 04:20 PM   #33
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rainfall) you guys are killing me....joking, it would be cool though if you guys took a look at him, you could even rent the movie rockstar and skip to the end and see him wail.
Which person was he? I have seen this movie tons of times. Is that the guy Mark Whalberg brought on stage at the end to take his place?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-27-2004, 06:06 PM   #34
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
sorry if i get you in troube but you had already let the rabbit out of the proverbial bag at marktremonti.net. it was the worst kept secret since well.......
Old 03-27-2004, 06:20 PM   #35
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) sorry if i get you in troube but you had already let the rabbit out of the proverbial bag at marktremonti.net. it was the worst kept secret since well.......

Only after Flip's mom had posted at Fliponline. And if you read my original post at CreedPit, immediately following the rehearsal, I made it clear that most of us knew who it was without my having to say so.

ETA: You couldn't get me in trouble.

Last edited by RockGoddess : 03-27-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:33 PM   #36
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Hmm this is interesting
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 03-27-2004, 10:49 PM   #37
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I just want to hear what they all sound like. Man, I can't wait for this to come out already!
Old 03-27-2004, 10:54 PM   #38
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
If any of you still have doubts, listen to a song called "Mars Hotel" from M4. Myles goes from low to high ranges with so many different tones so easilly. He's really good.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:52 AM   #39
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) If any of you still have doubts, listen to a song called "Mars Hotel" from M4. Myles goes from low to high ranges with so many different tones so easilly. He's really good.

Mars Hotel is great but I still think "Summergirl" is the best exhibition at least at the higher range. Seems to go so high with so little effort and can hold it there with great control. His control in "Don't Walk Away" is also very good.

I guess we shouldn't compare but lets face it they will come think and fast soon enough. Myles is a completely different kettle of fish to Scott. Scott has that great baritone that has been likened to Vedder, Weiland, Morrison and co, his the man with the golden pen, spirtual lyrics, Jesus Christ Poses and many say a big arrogant streak. Some love him, others hate him much like Creed actually. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Myles is a more all-round talent who is a good guitarist and songwriter both musically and lyrically. He is clearly not the lyrcrist Scott is and doesn't have the stage presence. His voice will competely win you over and working the crowd isn't used so much and probably not needed. Scott Stapp was the major reason for Creed's commercial success IMO. Myles could be Bob Dylan with a voice of an angel and wouldn't be as marketable as Scott is/was.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #40
rainfall
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) Which person was he? I have seen this movie tons of times. Is that the guy Mark Whalberg brought on stage at the end to take his place?

yes, jen he is, thor god of thunder....he went in the studio and recorded a voice over for the scene, but thats all him.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:14 AM   #41
rainfall
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) no he's not too shabby on guitar which will give this group more flexiblity. Here is an interestering article for those that haven't seen it about Myles.

http://www.astro.lsa.umich.edu/~plum...le-112602.html

That is really a shame but I guess Slash's loss is Tremonti's gain!

I believe he use to teach guitar back in spokane, before mayfield started getting noticed and then again after they were done touring.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:30 AM   #42
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rainfall) I believe he use to teach guitar back in spokane, before mayfield started getting noticed and then again after they were done touring.

i wonder what the future holds for The Mayfield Four and Myles outside this band? Considering they haven't done anything since 2001 I guess M4 fans have reason to be concerned coupled with this new group. I think I remember reading about him doing some solo work but I would need some confirmation there.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:41 AM   #43
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
sorry for the double post but here is part of a preddy good article on M4.

The band's first single "Eden (Turn the Page)" is a power juggernaut noise, both aggressive and emotive with the guitars turned way up. Most critics will describe the sound as a charging hybrid of Creed and Led Zeppelin and in writing so may ultimately do this band a grave disfavor. The track is rock songwriting at its best certainly, yet ... the album has a much broader sound than the single suggests. Which implies that the label marketing department, who perhaps was looking to have MF4 jump on the Creed bandwagon, has influenced the choice of single. Why else choose a song that doesn't reflect their entire repertoire? Myles confirms that the choice of single came from label and management.

"It was tricky," he states honestly, "because everyone was pretty passionate about certain songs."

And the Creed pigeonholing?

"It is a concern. I'll be honest with you, I get hyper concerned about these things," he says sincerely. "Believe me I've stayed up many nights worrying about very similar things. Lyrically I think 'Eden' is pretty compelling. Musically I'm happy with it. Are there other songs that I'm probably more attached to? Yeah, but it kind of has a lot of elements. I mean, look, with a lot of people being this passionate, there's a certain level of compromise. It's difficult, but... "

This is a band that is familiar with being pigeonholed. Their last album had critics comparing the singer's vocals to that of Chris Cornell (just like critics compared Scott Stapp to Eddie Vedder). Myles was surprised at the Cornell comparison. "I thought that Soundgarden was an amazing band, but I wasn't necessarily a disciple of the whole early '90s thing, I kind of shied away from it. So it shocked me but at the same time I guess there were worse people to be compared to, it could have been Warrant or something," he says laughing. "I'll take Chris Cornell."

Eden does sound very Creed like to be honest, when I first heard it I thought hey it sounds like My Sacrifice, perhaps you guys won't agree. But it is true it isn't a true representation of that album as a whole. Interestering to see he recieved similar "accusations" to Scott although obviously on a much smaller scale. I did some searching and he did teach at a school in Spokane (guitar).
Old 03-28-2004, 10:41 AM   #44
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rainfall) yes, jen he is, thor god of thunder....he went in the studio and recorded a voice over for the scene, but thats all him.
That is cool, I thought to myself "hey this guy is pretty good"!

- I personally like a stronger baratone voice the best. That is what attracted me to Scott from the get go, and the lyrics...... well. I personally think it will be hard to match Creed's lyrics as a whole. I am anxious to hear all the new material, I am sure it will ROCK!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-28-2004, 01:03 PM   #45
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
No, you can't compare Myles to Stapp. They have different styles and technical skills.

Yet, I love Stapp's tone. It caught my attention the first time I heard him. I love his lyrics. He's my favourite singer.

Myles is great, although I'm personally not a fan of the high ranges. I'm looking forward to listen how he fits to Mark. Maybe he'll come up with a different style of M4, since he sounds really versatile.