++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-14-2006, 06:00 AM   #1096
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

March 14th

"Sixth Sense."

Wouldn't it be great to see into the future? To have the ability to bypass future mistakes? In a way, Christians have this ability. God has given us a precious gift; the gift of sight. I call it my sixth sense, and those who know me are aware of my capabilities...

This "sight" is not like the false sight of fortune-tellers or magicians. It is the spiritual ability to see who is in the future, instead of merely what is in the future. So, we no longer blindly grope around in this life as those who are lost. Christ is our future and our hope.

Just as a successful marathon runner knows the location of the finish line before setting goals for the race, we identify Christ as our finish line. This great knowledge allows us to set daily goals for wise living. In the end each day of our lives may be lived victoriously if we remember our final outcome. The Christian's race is already won through Christ's victory on the cross. And when we cross the finish line of life, we will be in Christ's presence.

The wise look ahead to see what is coming, but fools deceive themselves.

Proverbs 14:8

Anyone can see a forest fire. Skill lies in sniffing the first smoke.

Robert Heinlein

Heaven

Old 03-15-2006, 06:04 AM   #1097
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 15th

"False pretenses?"

Johanan and his army officials asked the prophet Jeremiah for guidance from God, but they had no intention of following it. Although they wanted God's protection, they were not willing to obey him. We learn from this experience that God protects those who obey him, but removes his presence from those who rebel against him.

When God delivered David from all his enemies, including King Saul, David praised God for his deliverance. David gave God credit in 2 Samuel 22:3 for protecting him from his enemies.

My God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold, my high tower, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.

Although God will not save us from troubles, he will protect us in the midst of them. In Psalm 91:4, the psalm writer encourages us to put out faith in God's protection.

He will shield you with his wings. He will shelter you with his feathers. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

Ten days later, the Lord gave his reply to Jeremiah. So he called for Johanan son of Kareah and the army officers, and for all the people, from the least to the greatest. He said to them, "You sent me to the Lord, the God of Israel, with your request, and this is his reply: 'Stay here in this land. If you do, I will build you up and not tear you down; I will plant you and not uproot you. For I am sorry for all the punishment I have had to bring upon you.'" Acariah son of Hoshaiah and Johanan son of Kereah and all the other proud men said to Jeremiah, "You lie! The Lord our God hasn't forbidden us to go to Egypt!

Jeremiah 42:7-10; 43:2

Have you ever sought advice under false pretenses?

William J. Petersen

Heaven

Old 03-16-2006, 06:04 AM   #1098
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 16th

"God stands above human time."

In 1714, the people of England were anxious. Queen Anne lay dying, and she had no son or daughter to succeed her. Who would be the new monarch, and what changes would that make? Isaac Watts had reason to worry. His father had been imprisoned under the previous regime because his views did not please the ruling family. As a young child, Isaac has been carried by his mother to visit his father in jail. But Queen Anne had brought a new tolerance, and freedom for the elder Watts. Now that she was dying, what would happen?

Isaac Watts turned to Psalm 90 on this occasion and penned what may be the greatest of his more than six hundred hymns. In essence, it is a poem about time. God stands above human time, and in Him all our anxieties can be laid to rest. The greatness of our eternal God was a favorite theme of Watts. When the events of the day bring worry, the God of all ages remains our eternal home.

Before the mountains were created, before you made the earth and the world, you are God, without beginning or end.
You turn people back to dust, saying, "Return to dust!"

Psalm 90:3-4

Our help in ages past

O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home!

Isaac Watts ( 1674-1748 )

Heaven

Old 03-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #1099
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Praise The Lord,

I enjoyed reading that Hev AMEN and i loved the title of your message man GOD STANDS ABOVE HUMAN TIME, thats like so wonderfull not that We Serve A GOD Thats so above us that we cant reach him or he is not there, THAT THE GOD that stands above Human time, Knows us inside out and out AND Is Battle With Us Daily Taking Care Of Our All Needs through trials stand stills blessings the battles within the stand stills ups and down he is with us and knows us well, Pslam 139, O Lord thou hast searched me and known me thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising thou understands my thought afar off thou compassest my path and my lying down and art acquainted WITH ALL MY WAYS, for there is not a word in my tongue but lo. O Lord thou knowest it altogether thou hast beset me behind and before and laid thine hand upon me, knowlege is too wonderful for me it is high i cannot attain unto it if i ascend up into heaven thou art there if i make my bed in hell behold thou art there if i take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea even there shall thy hand lead me and thy right hand shall hold me if i say surley the darkness shall cover me even the night shall be light about me yea the darkness hideth not from thee but the night shines as the day the darkness and the light are both alike to thee, AMEN Job.38 Out Of The Whirlwind and He spoke Who is this that darkenth counsel by words, where wast thou when i laid the foundations of the earth declare if thou hast understanding who hath laid the measures therof if thou knows or who has streched the line upon it whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened or who laid the corner stone thereof when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for Joy
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 03-17-2006, 06:04 AM   #1100
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

St. Patrick's Day 2006

"A Fine St. Patrick's Day to all o' Ye!"

Saint Patrick was a man of God
who came to Erin's land
With a loving prayer within his heart,
a shamrock in his hand.
He used the three-leafed shamrock
to help all the people see
How there could be three persons
in the Holy Trinity.
The faith the Irish learned from him
today can still be found
A heritage as lovely
as the countryside around.

I do not believe in "Luck". I do pray for God's blessing though! I do not pray to "Saints". I pray to God the Father in His only begotten Son Jesus' name, as Jesus taught His disciples to do in Matthew 6:9-13.

9 "This, then, is how you should pray: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,

10 your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

11 Give us today our daily bread.

12 Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.'

Have a safe and fun holiday gang!

Heaven

Old 03-18-2006, 06:09 AM   #1101
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 18th

"The towering rock of safety."

As the commander of Israel's armies, David was an expert at analyzing an enemy's defenses and planning fortifications. Under David's leadership, the strong fortress of Zion ( later called Jerusalem ) was captured from the Jebusites. And after he captured it, David oversaw the building of additional fortifications around Zion ( 2 Samuel 5:6-10 ). But David didn't place his trust in the fortress he had built. He knew God was his true "towering rock of safety." There was no safer refuge than the Lord's sanctuary, the presence of the Almighty.

Although we might not realize it, we are just as vulnerable as King David was. We need to be led to God's rock of safety...

O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer!

From the ends of the earth, I will cry to you for help, for my heart is overwhelmed.

Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.

Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings!

Psalm 61:1-4

Weeping must quicken praying, and not deaden it.

Unknown

Heaven

Old 03-19-2006, 08:26 AM   #1102
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 19th

"The Spirit."

A lot of different religious groups will give you all sorts of ways to know whether or not you have the Holy Spirit. Jesus has one simple answer: "by their fruit you will know them." Paul gives us the definition of holy fruit. Say them out loud and ask the Lord to make it true in you: LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, SELF-CONTROL.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Galatians 5:22-23

If you treat an individual as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Heaven

Old 03-20-2006, 01:24 AM   #1103
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

AND we meet very few of these folks AMEN and they be rare and when do come acrossed one the first thing i wanna say to theme but most the times when knowing one its always just in a few words i wanna tell,em your Not Alone There Is Nothing Like A One On One RELATIONSHIP With GOD And There Is Nothing Like That One On One with another One In Christ!!! there is just that one of kind feel good thing, Pslam 16 7.10 I Will Bless The Lord Who Hath Given Me Cousnel My Rigns Also Instruct Me In The Night Seasons, I Have Set The Lord Always Before Me Because He Is at my right hand i shall not be moved therfore when my heart Is glad ITS GLAD my flesh shall also rest in hope For Thou wilt Not Leave My Soul In Hell Nor will thy suffer thy Holy One to see Corruption
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 03-20-2006, 06:25 AM   #1104
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 20th

"The testimony of presidents."

The Bible was clearly important to many American presidents. A few examples:

It is impossible to govern the world without God and the Bible.
-George Washington

The whole inspiration of our civilization springs from the teachings of Christ and the lessons of the prophets. To read the Bible for these fundamentals is a necessity of American life.
-Herbert Hoover

In regard to this great book, I have but to say, it is the best gift God has given to man. All the good Savior gave to the world was communicated through this book. But for it we could not know right from wrong. All things most desirable for man's welfare, here and hereafter, are to found portrayed in it.
-Abraham Lincoln

Hold fast to the Bible as the sheet-anchor of your liberties; write its precepts in your hearts and practice them in your lives. To the influence of this book we are indebted for all the progress made in true civilization, and to this we must look as our guide in the future. Righteousness exalteth a nation; but sin is a reproach to any people.
-Ulysses S. Grant

Your principles have been the music of my life throughout the years of my pilgrimage. I reflect at night on who you are, O Lord, and I obey your law because of this.

Psalm 119:54-55

Let everyone you work with see how much you love the Word of God.

Robert Coleman

Heaven

Old 03-20-2006, 10:37 AM   #1105
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Amen And Amen

its a great book the one more grows into it the more they will love it and realize no matter how much we change or whatever changes us The Word Of God Never Changes The same today always and forever, Stand On The Word Of God , in times of everything and in passings seasons and in times of wars and in times of blessings i know for some it may sound foolish even to ourselfs which had made a place for doubting thomas we all got one AMEN i dont care how old it gets it can be again made new everyday IT IS OUR ARMOUR, thats Haaaaaaaaaaa why my posts are sometimes Long I Like To Over dress Psalm 130, OUT Of The Depths Have I Cried Unto Thee Oh Lord HOW I LOVE THE WORD, Lord Hear My Voice Let Thine Ears Be attentive to the voice of my supplications if thou Lord Should Mark Iniquities There Is Forgiveness With Thee That Thou Mayest Be Feared I Wait For The Lord doth wait and in his word do i hope My Soul Waiteth for the lord more than they that whatch for morning I Say More Than They That Watch For Morning , And Lets Israel Hope In The Lord And Whala Whala Whashigtion He Is Not Only The God Of Israel He Is The GOD Of Us All and he Got His Favorite Places
Old 03-21-2006, 06:22 AM   #1106
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 21st

"Your legacy?"

My friend Jim motivated himself (with a little help) to take his GED and finally get his diploma. He had no problems with the test, and was able to shake this monkey he had been carrying for well over 10 years. As part of the GED, you are asked to write a small essay on a random subject and this was his question;

"Many people are remembered by something they did in life, whether it is an invention, a medical find, an athletic achievement, musical achievement or a Pulitzer Prize. What do you feel you will be remembered by? How do you think others will speak of you when you die?"

That got me thinking... Most people want to be well remembered when they die. We want to leave a legacy of some kind. What will our legacy be? Will it be money, or a building, or a statue? Will it be something that will last a short while, then be done? Why can't we leave something truly important? We can honestly usher in the Kingdom of God on earth if we will devote ourselves to leading Kingdom lives. There is profit in the blood of a Christian. Christ's own blood was shed that we might all inherit eternal life. If God was willing to shed His own blood for us, should we be willing to do any less?

God's legacy to us is life eternal. The greatest legacy we can leave is a life well lived.

What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? Shall it declare thy truth?

Psalm 30:9

I know it's hard when you're up to your armpits in alligators to remember you came here to drain the swamp.

Ronald Reagan

Heaven

Old 03-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #1107
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Praise The Lord

awsome message Hev. IF We Our Living For God And Trying To Stay His In Will , When We Die We All Have A Leagecy By His Wisdom And His Gudiance He Is The Master Bulider Of Our Lifes, HE, is like a man which bulit an house and digged deep and laid the foundation on A Rock And When The Flood Arose The Stream Vehemently upon that house AND IT COULD NOT SHAKE IT it was Founded upon a Rock, But That Hears And Does Not Is Like A Man That Without Foundation Bulit A House upon The Earth, And The First Storm That Came You Gussed It DOWN IT WENT as if it was made of cards Upon This Rock i will bulid my church and the Gates Of Hell Shall Not Prevail Against It And I Will Give Unto Thee The Keys Of The Kingdom Of Heaven And Whatsoever Thou Shalt Bind On Earth Shall Be Bound In Heaven And Whatsoever tho shall loose on earth shall also be loosed in heaven matt 16.18.19 and Luke 6 46 49
Old 03-22-2006, 06:15 AM   #1108
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 22nd

"Remember what you are fighting for."

Many of the struggles in our lives are not mere accidents! In fact, many of them are not put there by God. Our challenges often come from the hand of our enemy, Satan. He always prowls around looking for the best scheme to knock us out of our commitment to, and relationship with, the Lord. Placing ourselves firmly in the hands of the Lord and using his tools of warfare will help us defeat our enemy, who has already been humiliated by Jesus and the cross.

Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

Ephesians 6:10-11

For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Psalm 31:3

It is a perplexing and unpleasant truth that when men already have "something worth fighting for," they do not feel like fighting.

Eric Hoffer

Heaven

Old 03-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #1109
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
The Righteous Will Prosper

FRET, Not Thyself because of evildoers for they shall soon be cut down like the grass and wither TRUST IN THE LORD and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verliy shalt be fed Delight thyself also in the Lord and he shall give thee the desires of your heart Commit thy way unto the lord trust also in him and he shall bring it to pass and he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light and thy judgment as the noonday rest in the Lord And Be Strong In The Lord and wait patiently for him fret not thyself, pslam 37.1.8
Old 03-23-2006, 06:06 AM   #1110
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 23rd

"Trustworthy and true."

What does it mean to be trustworthy and true? In a society that insists that all truth is relative, many people have given up looking for truth, much less basing their lives on it. But Scripture declares that there is something that is completely true, no matter what angle you look at it, no matter what perspective you come from. God and his Word will always remain true. That facet of God's character is what this psalm celebrates. It encourages believers everywhere to shout for joy, for their lives are securely established on God's eternal truths.

Take a moment to reflect on how few things are certain in this world and how much change is a normal part of life. Then think about how God and his Word are forever trustworthy and true, and give him praise.

Let the godly sing with joy to the Lord, for it is fitting to praise him. Praise the Lord with melodies on the lyre; make music for him on the ten-stringed harp. Sing new songs of praise to him; play skillfully on the harp and sing with joy. For the word of the Lord holds true, and everything he does is worthy of our trust. He loves whatever is just and good, and his unfailing love fills the earth.

Psalm 33:1-5

A skeptic is a person who would ask God for his ID card.

Edgar A. Shoaff

Heaven