++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-06-2004, 01:58 PM   #1
altered
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
MARK & MTV

After reading everyones comments, I just wanted to say I thought Mark was very gracious on handling a tough question.I hope we may get to see more of that interview, but if not there will be plenty more in the future! Also, the Gymm time is paying off Mark, you have some guns to go with that ax! All of you are looking pretty damn tough. Cant wait to get my ass kicked.... by the new cd that is~
Old 06-06-2004, 02:02 PM   #2
SistahSami
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by altered) After reading everyones comments, I just wanted to say I thought Mark was very gracious on handling a tough question.I hope we may get to see more of that interview, but if not there will be plenty more in the future! Also, the Gymm time is paying off Mark, you have some guns to go with that ax! All of you are looking pretty damn tough. Cant wait to get my ass kicked.... by the new cd that is~

I thought he handled it all very well. Good job Mark! They could have let Flip talk a little more other than just yeeeaaaahhhhh, or whatever it was! LOL
Old 06-06-2004, 02:33 PM   #3
altered
USER INFO »
Yeah, but they only show a few seconds of a long interview.It will be fun seeing them all together.I thought MTV should have showed more of it, but maybe the still will?
Old 06-06-2004, 04:00 PM   #4
SistahSami
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by altered) Yeah, but they only show a few seconds of a long interview.It will be fun seeing them all together.I thought MTV should have showed more of it, but maybe the still will?

I don't know, I hope so! My husband asked me the same thing this morning if the whole interview will be aired, or just pieces. I have no clue.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
jbjfan
USER INFO »
what was the tough question he answered? i missed it.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:17 AM   #6
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by altered) After reading everyones comments, I just wanted to say I thought Mark was very gracious on handling a tough question.I hope we may get to see more of that interview, but if not there will be plenty more in the future! Also, the Gymm time is paying off Mark, you have some guns to go with that ax! All of you are looking pretty damn tough. Cant wait to get my ass kicked.... by the new cd that is~

I have just one simple thing to add...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-07-2004, 06:01 AM   #7
alterflip
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) I have just one simple thing to add...

me to...

Creed
Alter Bridge
Velvet Revovler
Seether
Seven Wiser
Edgewater

Old 06-07-2004, 07:44 AM   #8
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Totally dude!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-07-2004, 02:20 PM   #9
creedsister
USER INFO »
I Fricking Know It

:CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP, Peace Out,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-07-2004, 03:29 PM   #10
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I disagree. Personally, I was very bothered by this interview. Mark clearly put all the blame for the breakup on Scott and I didn't find him to be very diplomatic at all. I was actually very disappointed.

As far as "the" question...
It's true that he seemed to be trying to dodge a bullet and probably could have said a lot more (probably because he "couldn't" rather than that he didn't want to bad mouth Scott). Still, he made his point very clear just by the little he did say. Of course, Michael coming here to specifically make it a point of discussion didn't help the matter either.

In my opinion, they wanted to make a point and they did. However "tackful" they thought they were being .... it didn't work!
Old 06-07-2004, 06:17 PM   #11
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Those of us who were bothered by that interview were truly bothered by it. I keep hearing everyone say...."it could have been worse". "It could have been worse" is just an excuse for a less-than-classy end to what was once a friendship...if you ask me. All the talk of the nice things being left out.....welcome to the world of interviews Tremonti.....ya better hope they really, really like you.....cause if they don't, everything you say gets twisted into something that wasn't what you meant at all. It'll be interesting to see how its handled.......
Old 06-07-2004, 09:14 PM   #12
creedlvr
USER INFO »
yes it will ....
Old 06-13-2004, 10:25 AM   #13
The Lithium
USER INFO »
(I'm back )

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-13-2004, 11:10 AM   #14
SistahSami
USER INFO »

I think he did a great job in that interview, too bad the really nice compliments that he gave Stapp were left out of the interview. That is the press though, they would have loved for him to trash Stapp but he didn't. I think what he said was open, and down to earth as he is. Excellent job Mark!
Old 06-13-2004, 06:04 PM   #15
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I think he did a great job in that interview, too bad the really nice compliments that he gave Stapp were left out of the interview. That is the press though, they would have loved for him to trash Stapp but he didn't. I think what he said was open, and down to earth as he is. Excellent job Mark!

this is an example of how saying anything less than praising about how good the MTV interview was fielded continues to be backed up...you have your beliefs..and others have theirs...odd, tho, how very few acknowledge there is more than the AB side to things...doesn't matter that the interview might have rubbed a lot of people the wrong way....doesn't matter that it's very odd none of the "good" comments supposidly said at that interview, haven't come out yet...

and it doesn't matter one iota to many that some of us are not blinded by the fact that Alter Bridge is repeating step by step the formula and pattern used to make Creed what it became, from the European tour before the US tour...to starting from scratch playing smaller venues...to keep in touch with their fan base...of course tho...this time around they have the luxury of being able to pick and choose where and how they will play...

before it was all about the fun, but there was drive and ambition involved too...to become the biggest rock band out there, to be remembered for the music, yet still hold on to the friendships....this time around seems it's all about the fun, once more...funny how life can/does change things in an instant...we'll see how it goes this time around.

Appears a lot of people are replacing their "need for Creed" with Alter Bridge, this is evident in many of the posts on several bb's...and heaven forbid if you have an opinion that disagrees with the perfect view of this next incarnation on the rock scene....you are either ignored....or the subject is changed in midstream...one is treated as if they are trolling when in fact the questions are legitimate...but once again...doesn't matter...if they don't like what they read...it's easier to ignore it...yeah...that's the ticket...

the pied piper has called and the children are following..
altho some of the children have made other choices...and follow the notes of a different song...

Oh...and btw...Sami...all these nice things?...have you or any of the others heard them...?...i know you and the other girls were privy to hearing the new album, three songs at least...did anyone bring up in conversation wanting to hear the positive things said about stapp that MTV cut out?...hmmm...i wonder...

~Ann~
a.k.a.
M.O.M/Cdm2