++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
skyguy86
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Umm has anyone thought of this yet?

By now I am sure all of you are aware that Michael Jackson was pronounced dead today at approximately 3:15pm Pacific Time. All of the news stations have been covering the story since it occurred at that time. One of the main stations (and one of the first to be on the scene this afternoon) was FOX.

I believe that this man deserves the amount of respect he is currently getting and the coverage has been very good so far. That being said, has anyone realized that if this breaking news coverage continues into tomorrow morning, Fox & Friends will not air? And if this happens, we will not see a Creed performance tomorrow.

Please remember, I am in no way suggesting that the story of Michael Jackson's untimely passing is unimportant. It is an earth shattering day for everyone in the music world. An icon has left us forever. I'm just saying that there is a possibility that we won't see Creed tomorrow on TV.

Rest In Peace Michael Jackson. You will be sorely missed.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
austin.
USER INFO »
Re: Umm has anyone thought of this yet?

I would be very suprised if Creed did perform tomorrow. I think Michael Jackson passing is waaaay more important than Creed performing on Fox. Say what you want about the dude, but he was and always will be a music legend. He is the Elvis of our time, and tomorrow should be a entire tribute day to him. Please dont bitch if we don't get to see Creed tomorrow, everyone.
RIP to the late, great King of Pop

EDIT: How about Creed perfoms "Thriller" in tribute to the King of Pop :P
________
Risk Equalization Forums

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
skyguy86
USER INFO »

lol i wasnt complaining at all i was just making everyone aware of the situation and i was actually pointed to the fox and friends website by someone on the alter bridge forums. on the F&F website it says that they will start an hour early to honor Michael Jackson and Creed will rock the plaza. So I guess we get both, which is an amazing thing.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
austin.
USER INFO »

I know you werent complaining bro Im just saying to everone in the morning when/if creed doesnt play not to bitch about it. So... King of Pop tribute at 7, Creed at 8?
________
HONDA CB900C HISTORY

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #5
skyguy86
USER INFO »

well no the actual show starts at 6am eastern time so 3am pacific. they are doing the tribute an hour before they start so at 5am eastern 2am pacific. then the actual show starts and many have said creed performs at 8 eastern 5 pacific but then reports are saying theyre playing all 3 hours so idk lol all i know is the tribute is at 5am eastern time for anyone interested. im recording it cuz im west coast and wont be up at 2am lol
Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
austin.
USER INFO »

Hell im on the east coast. TN/NC to be exact. Im gunna be pissed if Creed performs at 6am. Hmm. Its already 1am here, should I go for an all nighter so I dont miss Creed?!
________
FORD 500 HISTORY

Old 06-26-2009, 01:13 AM   #7
skyguy86
USER INFO »

I'd do it unless you got tivo lol!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:17 AM   #8
austin.
USER INFO »

Tivo is unheard of in my area lol. Im still in shock that Michael Jackson, the king of pop, is really gone. I couldnt sing a lick of any of his songs, but I still know how important to the music world he is and that its sad for a icon like himself to really be gone
________
SDR 200

Old 06-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #9
skyguy86
USER INFO »

I know exactly how you feel man. It's so surreal. Michael was one of those guys who you just thought would be there. I never believed that he would be gone for a while, and definately not as abruptly as this. It's truly a sad day in the world today...

His comeback tour was supposed to start on July 13...
Old 06-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #10
austin.
USER INFO »

He may look a bit odd, but he can really rock live. (from the videos I've seen) I never really believe the whole molesting kids thing and I always would be kinda mad about the internet things (comedic ads per-se) about him messing with kids. So many of my highschool friends are ripping on him on myspace and my status is "left my cell at team ox, havent seen mariah in a while, and the king of pop died, RIP Michael. Yea, I said it." And people are saying "I'm glad he's gone and thank you God for taking him" It honestly makes me sick hearing all the hatred for such an iconic man.
________
Herbalaire Vaporizer Review

Old 06-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #11
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

They're still performing...

Friday, June 26:
• We'll remember the life of Michael Jackson starting an extra hour early — 5 a.m. ET
• Plus, Creed rocks our plaza

http://www.foxnews.com/foxfriends/index.html
Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #12
skyguy86
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by austin.) He may look a bit odd, but he can really rock live. (from the videos I've seen) I never really believe the whole molesting kids thing and I always would be kinda mad about the internet things (comedic ads per-se) about him messing with kids. So many of my highschool friends are ripping on him on myspace and my status is "left my cell at team ox, havent seen mariah in a while, and the king of pop died, RIP Michael. Yea, I said it." And people are saying "I'm glad he's gone and thank you God for taking him" It honestly makes me sick hearing all the hatred for such an iconic man.
Yeah no kidding I sent txts out to all my friends when I heard. Here are three responses that made me lose it:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...chill out people die every day."

"And just when I thought this day couldn't get any better lol jk"

"Sorry I don't cry over child molestors"

pissed me off so damn much to hear people talk like that. and im with you dude i never thought he molested those children.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #13
austin.
USER INFO »

This all nighter is going by so slowly... these music videos of Michael Jackson on MTV are keeping me occupied for now though...

EDIT
To all those people that said that (to me and you) have no idea about music. He was so important to the music world. I rank him up there with Elvis, the Beatles, Creed (kidding on Creed) people these days are listening to Rap and Techno shit and dont know anything about what music is really all about. I cant say Im a huge fan of Michaels short screams and oofs but alot of people had orgasms when they heard that, so he was very very important to the music world.
________
Extreme vaporizer

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:49 AM   #14
skyguy86
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by austin.) This all nighter is going by so slowly... these music videos of Michael Jackson on MTV are keeping me occupied for now though...

EDIT
To all those people that said that (to me and you) have no idea about music. He was so important to the music world. I rank him up there with Elvis, the Beatles, Creed (kidding on Creed) people these days are listening to Rap and Techno shit and dont know anything about what music is really all about. I cant say Im a huge fan of Michaels short screams and oofs but alot of people had orgasms when they heard that, so he was very very important to the music world.
Totally agreed. I own his thriller album (who doesnt?) and those songs are pure gold. anyone who knows what music is knows who Michael Jackson is. to deny him that legacy is naive on numerous levels
Old 06-26-2009, 05:33 AM   #15
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Rip Mj

One Nation. Indivisible.