++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-26-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
In 2,000 years

In two thousand years, has the world really changed for the better? We have in the news, war. We have in the news, a woman who is being starved to death. We have in the news, animals pitted against each other to the death, for entertainment. We have in the news crimes against children. We have in the news, women who are stoned to death. We have in the news predudice against those who have different religious views. Must I go on?

I ask you, how has the world changed?

Tomorrow is Easter at least here in the U.S.A. please do not forget the teachings of one special person.

Each of us can make a difference if we but try.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:42 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
I Would Love To

MANY SHALL WAX COLD}}} Luke.Ch.26 And So Forth Its In There Some Where As For These Things Which Ye Be Hold The Days Will Come In The Which There Shall Not Be One Left One Stone Upon Another That Shall Not Be Thrown Down..TAKE HEED That Ye BE NOT Decevied For Many Morons Shall Come Saying Im All Down With This And Got It Going On And Do Many Wonderful Things How Nice ... And The Time Draweth Nigh GO YET NOT THERFORE TO THEME But When Ye Shall Hear Wars And Rumours Of Wars AND ALL THESE COMTIONS Be Not Afraid For These Things Must Come But The End Is Not By And By And Matt. Something Or Other Tells Us BUT HE THAT SHALL ENDURE UNTO THE END SHALL BE SAVED Nation Shall Rise Against Nation And Kingdoms Against Kingdoms Fear Not For Our Kingdom Comes From The Inside And Of Course Great Earth Quakes And Pestltlences Walking Slime On The Earth And Fearful Sights And GREAT Is His Signs From Heaven But Before All These SHALL LAY THEIR HANDS ON YOU And Ye Shall Be Questioned For Their Wicked Eyes Afflicted The Thinks Something Is Wrong Which You SETTLE IT THEREFORE IN YOUR HEARTS NOT TO MEDITATE BEFORE WHAT SHALL ANSWER FOR I WILL IN FACT GIVE YOUR MOUTH WISDOM, Loose Not Your Savour Keep That Toung At Perfect Seasoning Which All Your Advasaries Shall NOT BE ABLE TO GAINSTAY NOR RESIST And Ye Shall Be Betrayed Both By Parents And Bros And Friends And Ye Shall Be Hated For My Name Sake... BUT THERE SHALL NOT AN HAIR YOUR HEAD PERISH, IN YOUR SOUL PATIENCE POSSESS Ye Your Souls John. 4.22.24.....YE WORSHIP Ye Know What We Know Only If There Be Few We Know What We Worship For SALVATION IS OF THE JEWS BUT THE HOUR COMETH And Now IS WHEN THE TRUE WORSHIPPERS SHALL WORSHIP THE FATHER IN SPIRT AND TRUTH And This Like The Most Thing I Share And Try To Pass It On To The Others Who Seek What Is Right And The Truth Its A Beautiful Thing...FOR THE FATHER SEEK SUCH TO WORSHIP HIM GOD Is A Spirt And They That Worship Must Worship In Spirt And Truth We Just Wont Have It Any Other Way And He Holds Our Hand And Brings Us So Much Comfort That Can Be Bought Noir Sold At Any Price AMEN He Us With Us Untill The Bitter End... Thank You Whitebird For Your Lovely Thread
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-27-2005, 05:01 AM   #3
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) In two thousand years, has the world really changed for the better? We have in the news, war. We have in the news, a woman who is being starved to death. We have in the news, animals pitted against each other to the death, for entertainment. We have in the news crimes against children. We have in the news, women who are stoned to death. We have in the news predudice against those who have different religious views. Must I go on?

I ask you, how has the world changed?

Tomorrow is Easter at least here in the U.S.A. please do not forget the teachings of one special person.

Each of us can make a difference if we but try.

how has the world changed??

Well instead of murdering people by throwing rocks at them for petty crimes like stealing a fruit for their children, we have wellfare

well instead of enslaving all women to do our deeds, they actually have rights now

well instead of an entire earth population of about 90 million, its around 6.5 billion

well we dont burn people on steaks anymore because we think they are witches

well instead of cutting rebels heads off, we just put them in jail or let them rebel.

well free speech is kinda useful nowadays

We have poverty now? true, but back then we had 100x more poverty, but instead of laying on the streets, these people were slaves and did the richer peoples biddings or built buildings.

Um standerd of living is more then 100x then it was for the average person 2000 years ago.

No monarchy kings and now instead of our leaders being born into it, we get a democracy of a whole two options.

Um mass genocide isnt as common anymore

Must I go on?

Basically my point is, yes there are problems, but 2000 years ago, there were WAAAAAAY more problems and WAAAY worst ones then now. You cant fix them all, thats impossible, not with 6.5 billion people to care for, thats just impossible.
Also without all this technology / stuff, most of us / all of us wouldnt even exist because the earth and human economy wouldnt be able to support such a large population, so YOUR existance is because of our system of life we live in.

Anyways fact is, things HAVE gone for the better, and not by a little, but by massive bounds and leaps, Its not perfect, and it never will be, because the system is HUMAN and HUMANS in general are stupid and careless, we cant fix that so we have to live with it.

Yes we can make a difference if we ALL work on it, but noone is going to.

Why?

because "humans in general are careless"

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 03-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
I JUST LOVE A KNOW IT ALL Its Hard Living Amoung The Human Race I Agree
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-27-2005, 07:28 PM   #5
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
...i hear ya, cs...it is difficult....isn't it? But, heck...that little "difficulty" is what helps us know that we are still alive...

as for the following statement...
Quote: Yes we can make a difference if we ALL work on it, but noone is going to. Why? because "humans in general are careless"

if one person thinks the next person is careless, and so on and so on...carelessness will be the outcome...just the same, change begins the same way...with one person...it only takes one to care to eventually turn things around... ...imagine that.

now for the subject of this post...

for as much as SOME things change...SOME things will not. It's all relivant to society and it's beliefs at the time...yet, following spiritual teachings, whatever you believe in, that lead us back to our Creator...those teachings are what will remain constant...and the message contained in them...treat one another the way that you would be treated...

think what would happen if everyone followed that simple "golden rule"

thanks for posting, it was something to think about and hope everyone had a wonderful easter.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 03-27-2005, 10:10 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
For some things we can change And Others We Cant For What Some Of Us Can Change Others Cant Change Prayer Changes Things For We Know Not What We Should Prayer For But The Spirt Leads Us And Searches Hearts For What We Can Change And Who And What We Must Pray For... God Always Know What He Is Doing ... We Walk By Faith Not By Sight If We Walked By Sight ....We Would Need Faith And Without Faith And Prayer We Know Not ....If We,re Not Made To Stay On Our Knees... And Pray....Nothing Would Change ....And Keep In Mind Sometimes Our Trials...At Times ...Can Be A Blessing In The Making For Some One Else.... Leave it to the creator Let Go And Let God
Old 03-28-2005, 09:13 PM   #7
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) I JUST LOVE A KNOW IT ALL Its Hard Living Amoung The Human Race I Agree

More leik

J00 H@iV Just B33N PWN#ED!

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 03-28-2005, 11:25 PM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
your so precious