++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 09-30-2006, 05:00 PM   #16
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Is Hugo Chavez Crazy?

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) It's not an assumption, it's pure experience. I've been to the States 4 times and for the most part Americans know little of the world's geography, politics outside the US or the bigger part of history.

This happened to me once:
Where are you from? Holland, that's in Tennessee (could've been another state, I don't remember exactly), isn't it?

This is all easily blamed on our public "school" system. Seriously. Americans are stupid, not because they are born dumb, but because they are taught in school that mediocrity is to be fought for, D- is a passing grade, and individuality is shunned. Kinda funny coming from a country that loves its independance so much. (It really comes from the fact that ADULTS love their independance, and as long as the teachers can fit everyone into a little compartment, the don't need to spend the time necessary to truly teach our children).

I digress.

Quote: I know that Americans usually do not care about much outside their country

Well... that is not really true, but from a certain standpoint it is. I mean, why on Earth would I care what goes on in Timbuktu? For better or rowse, when America does something, it matters (we are the most powerful coutnry in the world), so other people know about it. When Sweden does something... it doesn't usually matter nearly as much, so we don't really care.

But as for this attitude that others have towards Bush... you aren't alone. No one in America--except a few die-hards--likes him either. Republican candidates don't want him campaigning for them because it drives their polls DOWN...

We don't like him. But we are stuck with him... for... two... more... years... *hyperventilates*
Old 09-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #17
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Oh, and Hugo Chavez is a nut case
Old 10-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #18
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) It's not an assumption, it's pure experience. I've been to the States 4 times and for the most part Americans know little of the world's geography, politics outside the US or the bigger part of history.

This happened to me once:
Where are you from? Holland, that's in Tennessee (could've been another state, I don't remember exactly), isn't it?

The United States is heading on 300 million people. It's good to know that ONE comment speaks for an entire nation. I've had some people ask me some really stupid and ignorant questions in Europe. I know they mean well... and I don't judge the intelligence of an entire nation on silly little questions.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #19
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) The United States is heading on 300 million people. It's good to know that ONE comment speaks for an entire nation. I've had some people ask me some really stupid and ignorant questions in Europe. I know they mean well... and I don't judge the intelligence of an entire nation on silly little questions.

Being as republican as you are though, you must admit our public school system is awful...?
Old 10-02-2006, 05:36 AM   #20
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer)

Well... that is not really true, but from a certain standpoint it is. I mean, why on Earth would I care what goes on in Timbuktu? For better or rowse, when America does something, it matters (we are the most powerful coutnry in the world), so other people know about it. When Sweden does something... it doesn't usually matter nearly as much, so we don't really care.

WOW!
Reading all these american posts I think Im going to stay away from this discussion....cause Im almost hearing that " I live in the Superpower while you live in the Third World"
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-02-2006, 05:39 AM   #21
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) The United States is heading on 300 million people. It's good to know that ONE comment speaks for an entire nation. I've had some people ask me some really stupid and ignorant questions in Europe. I know they mean well... and I don't judge the intelligence of an entire nation on silly little questions.

I gave one example, this does not mean there was only one comment and sure there are intelligent, well read, Americans and there are stupid and ignorant Europeans and maybe my view is even coloured by the fact that more than half of the US electorate voted for Dubya, but I remain with my original statement that most Europeans know more about American politics, history and geography than Americans know about European politics, history and geography.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 10-02-2006, 05:44 AM   #22
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

And yeah...keep ignoring other countries that dont seem "important" at all ...wasnt this what you did- concerning to Latin America, Middle East and other places of the world ?

Keep ignoring them...keep gnoring them...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 10-02-2006, 05:47 AM   #23
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

[quote=RalphyS]I gave one example, this does not mean there was only one comment and sure there are intelligent, well read, Americans and there are stupid and ignorant Europeans and maybe my view is even coloured by the fact that more than half of the US electorate voted for Dubya, but I remain with my original statement that most Europeans know more about American politics, history and geography than Americans know about European politics, history and geography.[/[quote]

Same here...Latin America knows more about U.S. than U.S about us...most of US presidents think that Buenos Aires is the capital of my country...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 10-02-2006 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:53 AM   #24
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) I gave one example, this does not mean there was only one comment and sure there are intelligent, well read, Americans and there are stupid and ignorant Europeans and maybe my view is even coloured by the fact that more than half of the US electorate voted for Dubya, but I remain with my original statement that most Europeans know more about American politics, history and geography than Americans know about European politics, history and geography.

Well, then if you're going to base the intelligence of a nation on who they vote for... then it looks I can say the same thing about the French, the Italians, and the Spanish.

Another thing... American politics and history is MUCH easier to understand than the politics of Europe. For one, the history of Europe is hundreds and hundreds of years longer than that of America (I'm referring to the United States, not North America). Secondly, America is one nation... and Europe is full of MANY nations. One would assume that knowing about the politics of one nation is less difficult than understand the politics of many. If you're referring to the European Union... they are a lot of Europeans that don't even know (or care to know, for that matter) about what's going on in Brussels. Not many Europeans understand or know about the politics of American states either.

I mean... if you want to get into the topic of stupid questions... here is a bit of what I have gotten thus far in Europe: "Have you ever seen snow?" -(They ask this because I'm from California), "Do you surf and know movie stars?", I met a Swede named Carolina and once she told me her name I said "Oh, as in North Carolina?" She responded by saying "There's a place with my name?!" Then I said... "Well, actually there are two states with your name in it."

I get questions based on California stereotypes on a daily basis, c'mon now...
Old 10-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #25
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) And yeah...keep ignoring other countries that dont seem "important" at all ...wasnt this what you did- concerning to Latin America, Middle East and other places of the world ?

Keep ignoring them...keep gnoring them...

Okay. Will do.

Look it is just a matter of fact that the U.S. IS a superpower and a lot of these other coutnries ARE third world.

And you guys are contradictory. You simultaneously want the U.S. to fix every one else's problems, while you get angry that the U.S. throws its power around. Well which is it? Should we ignore all the other countries or not?
Old 10-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #26
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Well, then if you're going to base the intelligence of a nation on who they vote for... then it looks I can say the same thing about the French, the Italians, and the Spanish.

Another thing... American politics and history is MUCH easier to understand than the politics of Europe. For one, the history of Europe is hundreds and hundreds of years longer than that of America (I'm referring to the United States, not North America). Secondly, America is one nation... and Europe is full of MANY nations. One would assume that knowing about the politics of one nation is less difficult than understand the politics of many. If you're referring to the European Union... they are a lot of Europeans that don't even know (or care to know, for that matter) about what's going on in Brussels. Not many Europeans understand or know about the politics of American states either.

I mean... if you want to get into the topic of stupid questions... here is a bit of what I have gotten thus far in Europe: "Have you ever seen snow?" -(They ask this because I'm from California), "Do you surf and know movie stars?", I met a Swede named Carolina and once she told me her name I said "Oh, as in North Carolina?" She responded by saying "There's a place with my name?!" Then I said... "Well, actually there are two states with your name in it."

I get questions based on California stereotypes on a daily basis, c'mon now...

OK, let's agree that stupidity is a widespread disease.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 10-03-2006, 01:29 AM   #27
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Okay. Will do.

Look it is just a matter of fact that the U.S. IS a superpower and a lot of these other coutnries ARE third world.

And you guys are contradictory. You simultaneously want the U.S. to fix every one else's problems, while you get angry that the U.S. throws its power around. Well which is it? Should we ignore all the other countries or not?

WHAT????WHO SAID IT????? BTW...invading/starting wars is 'fixing world's problems??"

WOW!!!!!!!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 10-03-2006, 04:34 AM   #28
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) WHAT????WHO SAID IT????? BTW...invading/starting wars is 'fixing world's problems??"

WOW!!!!!!!

It stopped Nazi Germany, did it not?

Last edited by Chase : 10-03-2006 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:03 AM   #29
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

No, I don't believe the U.S. was doing anything helpful by following Bush's war mongering. But you can't simultaneously exhort the U.S. to stay within in its own borders while also blaming it for not helping third worldy countries out.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:20 AM   #30
Danielabiag
USER INFO »

Quote: Chavez is solely trying to turn Venezuela into a dictatorship. He's trying to amend the Venezuelan constitution so that he can stay in office longer than he's supposed to. His country is poor and doesn't utilize the resources for the good of the people. He constantly tries to do business with Cuba's Fidel Castro (the man who drove Cuba into the ground), Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Mr. Anti-Semtism himself), and is buying weapons from Russia

Hello, I apologize for my eventual mistakes. I'm from Argentine and I'd like to make some comments, cause I disagree with this arguments (you US people have the information all distorted by your media).
Itīs true nowadays Venezuela is poor, compared with more developed countries, but you should know itīs not Chavez government consequence.
During 1989-1998 period, the prices grown more than 50%, while during first Chavez period it only did the half of this. Chavez achieved to contain the inflation. The public expenditure in health highly exceeds now what it used to be in previous governments. He also increased the money dedicated to education, wich allowed more than 1,5 million children -and same number of adults- to be taken out of illiteracy. He also increaded the number of peolple who now can enjoy -for the first time- access to drinkable water.
This are only some of a lot of things Chavez did for Venezuela.
Regarding to Cuba, US BLOCKED country (and thatīs the main reason why this island is so poor), today it has health an life quality systems BETTER to a lot of developed countries, wich have more developed technology and resourses. Just to give an example, the VIH treatment is TOTALLY FREE.

Quote: Human rights organizations Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have documented numerous human rights violations in Venezuela

Arenīt you forgetting the human rights violations that take place everyday in many countries, by the hand of US troops? After 11-S, US have violated the most fundamental international laws in its treatment to detainees just because of "security" matters. THOUSANDS of civilians have been killed and hundreds have been detained with no other reason but their appeareance, and are being held in Guantanamo, Bagram, Kandahar and dozens of hiden jails around the world, with no legal procedures.

Quote: Just because I feel I don't need to cower to global opinion does not mean I don't pay attention. Alot of these countrys that hate us the most get plenty of my tax dollars in the form of financial aid.(hypocrite)
Regardless of who is president or what the world thinks of my Country, I will stand behind this GREAT land.
THAT IS PATRIOTISM.

You people are so brain-washed... Be sure other countries are against (not "hate") US government because of its violence and no-matter-what-power-thirst. And be shure the aid to the "third world" DOES NOT COME FROM YOUR TAXES, but it DOES COME from the resources YOUR government take by force -letīs call it wars or "democratic transition", as they like to name it- from these countries. Make a little journey through your country history and get informed my friend.
To be patriotic is not to stand behind your great land no matter what, IT IS to stand for your principles and fight against tyranny, disguised of false demochracy.

Quote: It stopped Nazi Germany, did it not?

Are you joking?? Donīt forget II World War is sadly famous not only because of humanity suffering, but because it benefited two superpowers: URSS and United States. Thatīs the only reason US got involved. US Defense incorporated nazi experts, who worked in weapons of mass destruction proyects. US didnīt "stop nazis", it contributed to stop Germanyīs development in weapons of mass destruction and to take its experts out of the country to use them for its pourposes. Since then, this nazis have been working in defense operations in Fort Bragg, in NASA, in the military-industrial sector and in CIA...