++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 07-29-2003, 10:08 PM   #16
StappStalker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
thanks that helps I usually eat a couple times a day and drink a lot of pop but i stopped drinking it because i got tired of drinking it im drinking water and juice now and plan to get up at 5 or 6 every morning to workout when the heat is not so bad thanks for the info guys
Old 07-29-2003, 10:25 PM   #17
ryloz58
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to ryloz58 Send a message via Yahoo to ryloz58
atkins. it really works

"Go Cubs Go"
Old 07-29-2003, 11:04 PM   #18
aprile89
USER INFO »
The bad thing about Atkins *so I've been told by my Dr* is that sure you can loose weight like crazy but if you cheat or go off of it at any time you will put on ALOT more then when you first started. I've lost 60 lbs in the past year *coulda lost alot more but lost my motivation for a while* and the only thing I did was Exercise more. That's the KEY. LMAO If it taste good then Don't eat it LOL j/k Oddly enough the older you get, for me at least, the easier it is not to eat as much "bad" foods!!!
Old 07-29-2003, 11:32 PM   #19
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I do a lot of walking, its not a crazy thing for me to walk 15 miles in one day. Today I actually walked 18 miles I got this waist trimmer belt at Wal Mart for 4 dollars and I wear it when I'm walking, just for an extra boost:P My abs are getting really sculpted and firm now I drink a lot of water as well. I havn't touched pop for about 2 months and have been eating more fruits and veggies.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-29-2003, 11:50 PM   #20
aprile89
USER INFO »
Good for you Julie!!! I've been going to the gym everyday for about a week or so. My arms are so sore that I couldn't lift a spoon of ice cream to get to my mouth !!! LOL
Old 07-29-2003, 11:55 PM   #21
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I want to get a membership to the YMCA here but I have to wait till I get a job cuz I can't afford it now
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 07-30-2003, 12:09 AM   #22
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I also use EAS dietary products as well in combination with my walking and eating healthy
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 07-30-2003, 12:38 AM   #23
marlsy
USER INFO »
truth be told, diet dosnt work, you will eventually put it back on if not more UNLESS you drop the word diet and change your life style. No more high fat high calorie foods. Eat healthy, lots of veggies,fruits, lean meats, high fiber carbs. Watch your calorie intake. No fried foods, broil or BBQ your meats, watch out for juice, it has alot of calories for a drink that dosnt fill you up like say a whole orange would instead. Cut the butter and mayo. I know it seems really hard! Butter was really really hard for me to give up, but I started using molly mcbutter and it is really good, now I don't even need that. It really has to be a life changing decision in your life. My husband is a natural body builder and trainer. He hasn't had anything like a cookie in years, no joke!! He is extreme but he knows what he is doing. I've never seen willpower like I've seen in him, It's amazing!! You really should exercise also. Just start out slow like walking so you don't burn yourself out. Take it day by day and make small goals, not big ones so you can see yourself make those goals and get motivated!! If you have any questions just let me know and I can ask my hubby, he loves to help people!! I should put a pic of him on the photo page. Should I??
Old 07-30-2003, 12:43 AM   #24
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I think you should marsly The one thing that is hardest for me to give up is chocolate:embarass: I have cut back on it though:PI love snack foods to
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 07-30-2003, 12:46 AM   #25
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
I wish I could/can lose 20 pounds....!!!

So break yourself against my stones
And spit your pity in my soul
You never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself
And I won't listen to your shame
You ran away - you're all the same
Angels lie to keep control...
My love was punished long ago
If you still care, don't ever let me know
If you still care, don't ever let me know...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 07-30-2003, 04:41 AM   #26
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Are you doing this for health reasons? Cos you shouldn't be overly concerned with just the way you look... But yeah, exercising is heaps fun when you've got the time for it...
Old 07-30-2003, 08:29 AM   #27
JenRN
USER INFO »
Great advice from Marlsy! Yeah she is right about the juice, TONS of sugar, but it is the good sugar fructose better for you that refined sugars in pop.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 07-30-2003, 09:18 AM   #28
stappinfection
USER INFO »
Atkins really works for me. I started last september and have lost 60 pounds and when I went on vacation I had breaded seafood and baked potatoes both are no no's on this diet I didn't lose but did not gain. So for me that is a victory also I eat alot more veggies now than I ever did and you don't have to exercise yourself to death either couple times a week is all that is recommended. Good luck with whatever you chose to do!!
Old 07-30-2003, 10:14 AM   #29
aprile89
USER INFO »
Marlsy .. you are so right!! It does have to be a life changing decision not just a DIEt. Personally I am just taking it slow. I have a membership at the YMCA and swim with my son when I am done lifting weights but I could NEVER get a handle on the eating thing. I have NO idea what to eat what not to eat.. you always hear 20 different things... Atkins cut out most of your carbs.... Weight watchers you can have this but not that cause it's 2 points and you olny have 1 point left..... UGH so that's where I fall short ....... Then I loose my motivation!!
During my marriage I was VERY depressed and gained alot of weight.... to the tune of 340 lbs. I had lost a son got pregnant and had another son and my marriage was pathetic... so I was eating myself to death. After my divorce I got a job where I sat ALL DAY LONG. Finally I got another job where I had to be walking and standing on my feet all day. I lost 60 lbs just from moving!!!!!! Unfortunately I lost my job in March. The company closed and I am scared that I will put the weight back on.

Why dont' we just start a motivation thread????? what do you guys think???
Old 07-30-2003, 10:26 AM   #30
JenRN
USER INFO »
Motivation thread sounds good to me! God knows the weight battle is tough!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"