++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-08-2004, 04:03 PM   #31
14Fuel
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creedsiter wrote: "to tell you the fricking truth, im sick of seeing everybody at each others throats too"

I agree and I think that's why we're all trying to come to fruition with all this. I think it's just something new for all of us fans and it's taken a bit to digest. But honestly I think we're all seeing the good in everything LIKE THE BOYS WOULD WANT US TOO! All we can do is sit back and enjoy whatever ride they decide to take us on. *sending good energy Scott, Scott, Bryan, Mark & (yes even) Myles' way*

And am I getting things wrong when I say that I think Brett kinda got the short end of the stick here. Didn't he quit his band to join Creed permantly and then this whole hiatus thing happened?!?!?! Please correct me if I am wrong...................just something I had heard.

-Sherri
Old 05-08-2004, 04:31 PM   #32
14Fuel
USER INFO »
(runs into thread yelling) *ROCK ON CREED!* hehehe

-Sherri

"Am I crazy you ask? Nooooo I'm Kuh-Ray-Zee!"
Old 05-08-2004, 07:31 PM   #33
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) I absolutely support them all/both whatever - that is kinda my point. I like to whine so I will continue to do so when I need to vent a little. I guess I am just saying it is hard to see Mark and Flip and Brian with a new guy. It makes my heart hurt for Stapp because that can't be easy.
Julbright, I feel exactly the same way He seems to be doing well, though, at least that's how it appears in the public appearances we've seen him in lately. Maybe it will be good for them to be doing some things outside of being Creed, and then come back ready to rock us again sometime (hopefully sooner than later!)....but it DOES hurt to see all the original members except for Scott in a new band; for me it will be hard to get used to, but I will get the CD and give it a chance, simply because I love Mark's guitar genius and Flip's rockin' beat! And when Scott's CD comes out, I'll get that too, because his lyrics and awesome voice are what drew me to Creed in the first place and touched me like no other.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 05-08-2004, 09:13 PM   #34
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by 14Fuel) Creedsiter wrote: "to tell you the fricking truth, im sick of seeing everybody at each others throats too"

I agree and I think that's why we're all trying to come to fruition with all this. I think it's just something new for all of us fans and it's taken a bit to digest. But honestly I think we're all seeing the good in everything LIKE THE BOYS WOULD WANT US TOO! All we can do is sit back and enjoy whatever ride they decide to take us on. *sending good energy Scott, Scott, Bryan, Mark & (yes even) Myles' way*

And am I getting things wrong when I say that I think Brett kinda got the short end of the stick here. Didn't he quit his band to join Creed permantly and then this whole hiatus thing happened?!?!?! Please correct me if I am wrong...................just something I had heard.

-Sherri

Actually, Creed is broken up. Michael corrected Marcos when he referred to when Michael said Creed was on hiatus months ago.

I knew Creed were going to break up ever since they refused to add Brett Hestla as their permanent bassist.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:24 PM   #35
14Fuel
USER INFO »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh well that sucks! They really did breakup Trees of Wisdom? I mean, that's what I kinda figured too, I was just waiting for someone to correct me and tell me the truth. Ahhhhh the truth hurts hahahahaha See and someone had told me that they weren't putting Brett in the place of their bassist permanantly because they wanted to see how he was working out first............and I thought that was weird. But if they had plans of breaking up, then that makes more sence. So I wonder if the "guys" still talk to Scott or not?!?!?! Scott should have Brett as HIS bassist! That would rock....................

-Sherri
Old 05-09-2004, 01:28 PM   #36
14Fuel
USER INFO »
Hey Sheila63 I totally forgot to tell you THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME! I've always gone to CreedFeed but never checked the message board out. I'm glad I did.................everyone's really nice here & it's fun. (a lot nicer than other bands boards...............oh, except for my Fuelies message board, they're just as cool as everyone here! Gotta support my Fuelies! )

-Sherri
Old 05-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #37
altered
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ibleedpurple) I dunno.... the more I read and hear about Stapp, the more I dislike the guy. I've tried to believe that he's a great person but every story I hear lately directs me to believe the opposite.

But really, I think the time away from Creed will benefit all involved. I think it's been obvious from the start that Scott was more into the showmanship part of the business, the image that Creed projected and all of that, and Mark and Flip have been more about the music. And now, Scott can go out on his own and be the showman that he wants to be without worrying about stringing the others along for the ride, and Mark and Flip (and Brian) can go on with some straight-up good ol music and focus on what they do best. As much as I would love to see Creed stay together and make more memories, the ones I do have (with the possible exception of the end of the Weathered tour) are very happy ones and I'll cherish those forever. But I think it really is best for all of them to move on and do what they want, without holding each other back.
I have heard things like that about Scott, from people I trust, but there is no reason to bash the guy on here. I would just say, since the rest of the band is together there is a reason this is happening.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:44 PM   #38
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by 14Fuel) Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh well that sucks! They really did breakup Trees of Wisdom? I mean, that's what I kinda figured too, I was just waiting for someone to correct me and tell me the truth. Ahhhhh the truth hurts hahahahaha See and someone had told me that they weren't putting Brett in the place of their bassist permanantly because they wanted to see how he was working out first............and I thought that was weird. But if they had plans of breaking up, then that makes more sence. So I wonder if the "guys" still talk to Scott or not?!?!?! Scott should have Brett as HIS bassist! That would rock....................

-Sherri

Paul McCoy of 12 Stones said they were broken up.

Michael said the last time Mark and Scott talked was six months ago.

And there was a thread about the Fozzy webmaster referring to Mark Tremonti as "former CREED guitarist". Michael responded by saying "whoops".

You be the judge.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:21 PM   #39
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by 14Fuel) Hey Sheila63 I totally forgot to tell you THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME! I've always gone to CreedFeed but never checked the message board out. I'm glad I did.................everyone's really nice here & it's fun. (a lot nicer than other bands boards...............oh, except for my Fuelies message board, they're just as cool as everyone here! Gotta support my Fuelies! )

-Sherri

It's okay and you're welcome, Sherri. I'm very happy that you like it here and for the record, I like Fuel too.

Relearn Love
Old 05-09-2004, 11:12 PM   #40
Julbright
USER INFO »
thanks to those who allowed me to vent. I love Tremonti and Flip and I am just as eager to get my hands on that Altered Bridge CD as the next guy. In this thread I was really more trying to articulate the oscillating feelings I get when I step back and think about all this. The fact that I love Creed and will miss that formula is a given. The fact that I support them all in the individual endeavours is a given. The fact that we may get wonderful new things from them as individuals than as Creed is a given. ASIDE from all of that - It will just continue to feel like Creed without Stapp to me. It's hard to see Myles there - not that he won't do a great job... it is just strange. And being a Stapp Mama - it wrings my heart for Stapp. that's all I am saying. Love and Success to them all!
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 05-10-2004, 01:34 AM   #41
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Yep.......

Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) anyone know what radio station that was???? I don't know much about that guy but he is a yahoo himself isn't he?

I've heard he has a real reputation as an asshole himself.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:00 AM   #42
Echelon122
USER INFO »
**prays that WU would just come out and say Creed is broken up**
It wouldn't be the end to the $$ the "Creed name" rakes in for them...and it might help some fans start working on a sense of closure about the whole thing.

I would love it if 5, 10, 15 years down the road the friendship can mend...screw the band, I'd rather the guys be able to rebuild their friendships than re-group the band down the line.

Personal opinions aside about the guys....I wish Alter Bridge the best, I wish Stapp the best. Time will tell as to their separate successes or lack thereof.

And from what Brett said at FMF last month, he's happy producing and being involved that way in music. All the success to him too. The man just rocks.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:51 AM   #43
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Paul McCoy of 12 Stones said they were broken up.

Michael said the last time Mark and Scott talked was six months ago.

And there was a thread about the Fozzy webmaster referring to Mark Tremonti as "former CREED guitarist". Michael responded by saying "whoops".

You be the judge.

In fairness can you please provide the quote from Paul McCoy?
Didn't michael say chris let out a whoops? He didn't confirm the break-up. That is not to say it hasen't happened for all intensive purposes but michael has never said that to my knowledge. Also please provide the quote where Michael corrected marcos as to the status of creed hiatus or not! thx
Old 05-10-2004, 01:22 PM   #44
14Fuel
USER INFO »
[quote=Echelon122] "I would love it if 5, 10, 15 years down the road the friendship can mend...screw the band, I'd rather the guys be able to rebuild their friendships than re-group the band down the line."

You couldn't have said it better Echelon122! I mean, we all know how close they were. The fact that Mark & Scott knew eachother for so long is such a shame their friendship is on the decline. But as everyone has said, we really don't know what happened. But yeah, maybe they can bring them back together on one of those VH1 episodes of "bands reunited!" hahahaha That would rock.

[quote=Julbright] "The fact that I love Creed and will miss that formula is a given. The fact that I support them all in the individual endeavours is a given. The fact that we may get wonderful new things from them as individuals than as Creed is a given. ASIDE from all of that - It will just continue to feel like Creed without Stapp to me. It's hard to see Myles there - not that he won't do a great job... it is just strange."

Still Julbright.................I'm with you all the way. It's hard to detach yourself from something you were so emotionally drawn into. And Creed's music had that effect on people. I think I just hope that they ALL still love and appreciate all they did with their music when they were together. Meaning, hopefully it all isn't ignored and they don't just ignore the impact they had on peoples lives. Whether they get back together later on or become friends again or not, when we had their music it was a damn good time, right! Still miss the boys all together though. I think it will be even weirder when Scott's solo project comes out. I think he'll do well though. The man has voice, lyrics, vision & passion that will take him far.

Sheila63 - Glad to see your a FUEL fan too!

-Sherri
Old 05-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #45
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
You are right......

Quote: (Originally Posted by ibleedpurple) I hate to burst your bubble, but... here's a report that someone gave on CreedPit yesterday of a story on a radio station in Chicago:

----

OK- Here goes. Its not the lawsuit it was just interesting.

. May 6th at approx 8:45

The djs were talking with David Cross (Men in Black) who was on the poker show with Stapp back in ...whenever it was.

they began talking about how annoying it was that he had to do late shows and then go on the air to talk to djs early the next morning. The DJs were joking and saying that it couldnt be that bad.

Cross says ...the only thing worse is having to put up with Scott Stapp on the poker show I was on. He went on to say that he was never a fan of Creed's- pod's Evanesence... music but that was neither here nor there. He said that when he went on the show that it was unbelieveable to him how *no one*- from the makeup ladies to the production assistants who could work with the guy.

Cross went on to describe how that he followed Stapp from the chair in makeup to the table itself...and that no matter who it was that worked with him...there was not one person who had anything good to say about the man, and that he treated everyone like crap.

The djs went on to say that they had heard the same thing but they didnt know. Cross said, 'well, its true...he;s a...well, I cant say what he is because I dont want you guys to get (fined for him swearing) but he's a ---------!

They went on to talk about other things...but I was amazed at how many times they *kept *coming *back *to *Stapp... and Cross would just go into another example of what a jerk he was.

I have to tell you all here- this is where I was almost in tears and almost hit a pole...just to hear him ripped to shreds....and not only that....that perhaps I have had rose colored glasses on...that maybe he is not a very nice person. I always try to see the good and humor you know?

(no matter what that drama quees says, I do have a heart- the drama queen is the one who cannot take things into context, ...)

Anyway, the djs asked if they say Stapp do any coke or was he drinking because they had heard that he was a big drunk now.

Cross said that he was drinking ...but they all were and that you couldnt really tell too much because Stapp had this ***enormous possee *** with him. Cross was like

"Its a poker show for charity , not a club!!!"

" He said that none of them had a possee with them on the show and it just made Stapp seem even more ridiculous because he had all these flunkies waiting on him the whole time.

It went on for about 5 minutes or so....which may seem not like alot of time...but when they are talking about your smoochable baby- it really is. I was just floored how they kept coming back to it and back to it.

-----

And this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as "bad" things that I've heard about him doing that aren't made public. I'm sorry to say (believe me, I really am because I've looked up to him for a long time and wish it wasn't this way), but he's not as real as you think.

Thats true, apparently Cross has never had nice words to say about Stapp. Cross once stated.....Rather than hearing the band Evanescence he'd choose to hear the "death rattle of his only child". Sounds like a really cool guy, huh.

And here is what the host of the show said about meeting Stapp....I found this here at Creedfeed on the news page.

"While I can not divulge the outcome of the event, I encourage all the Scott Stapp and CREED fans to watch the show -- you will not be disappointed.

Better than that, for those that haven't met Scott, I can tell you that he is a genuinely good guy, and an absolute BLAST to hang out with. We were out at the Ghost Bar together at the Palms a few nights during the show.

And, he's very generous as well. He's donated a signed copy of a limited edition album -- 1/400 -- to USA's chosen charity, the Cancer Research and Prevention Foundation. Starting bid is $500... I'll take bids here on the message board until releasing it to eBay. There is a picture of the limited edition album on the Photo Albums page."