++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-05-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
This is pissing me off...

Since when did October become Bash Scott Stapp and Creed month?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
Shadow
USER INFO »
There are a lot of things I can say here, but I will refrain.

Unfortunately others feel the need to bash Scott. Scott's voice has sold more then 30 million records. That should say something. I used to let it bother me that people were so against him. For every one person against him, there are probably 10 that love him. I'll support him in whatever he does.

Let's just look forward to the rerelease of Relearn Love on October 19.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:11 PM   #3
musiclover291
USER INFO »
I have also decided to refrain from all the negative comments because I've learned that it does nothing but raise my blood pressure. I just say to Stapp "this to shall pass" and learn from his mistakes and move on in the path of coming closer to God and I wish him all the luck in the world.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #4
TremontiRx
USER INFO »
Quote: For every one person against him, there are probably 10 that love him.

Old 10-05-2004, 09:41 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by StillACreedFan) Since when did October become Bash Scott Stapp and Creed month?
TO MANY MORONS That Aint Got Nothing Better To do with their time
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 10-06-2004, 09:14 AM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
hmm... Mark's got a lot of trashing too.. so it depends on your point of view. Poor Myles Kennedy also got, and he had nothing to do with it.

I like both of them. So I support both...
Old 10-06-2004, 05:50 PM   #7
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Unfortunately others feel the need to bash Scott. Scott's voice has sold more then 30 million records. That should say something. I used to let it bother me that people were so against him. For every one person against him, there are probably 10 that love him. I'll support him in whatever he does.

Scott's voice did NOT sell 30 million albums. Creed did. By making that comment, you are in turn claiming that Scott Stapp was Creed. That is unfair. I like his voice, but he is not Creed. He is 1/4 of Creed, no more. It's safe to say he has some ego issues. That is why people feel the need to bash him. While I thought his voice was great in a unique way, celebrities being egomaniacal asses pisses me off. I hope Stapp does well and support him as long as he is not an egomaniac, but it appears he is (or was) that way.

The reason so many have turned to Alter Bridge is because there is not one person in that group that acts as if they are superior to others, nor has anyone ever claimed that. People (like myself) partially dislike Stapp because we are sick of giant personalities in rock music. Enough is enough. The day I hear about lots of instantances of Myles Kennedy giving bad performances, not going to soundchecks, and not talking to his bandmates, being overly concerned with real estate deals, I will lose respect for Myles, too. But, I doubt that is going to happen, as their have been no indications of anyone in AB acting like that.

ROCK ON ALTER BRIDGE! And, Stapp, you have a great voice (not as good as Myles), but it's not about you. It's about your friends/bandmates, and the fans. Good luck and I wish only well for you...

TornDaredevil
Old 10-06-2004, 06:09 PM   #8
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Scott's voice did NOT sell 30 million albums. Creed did. By making that comment, you are in turn claiming that Scott Stapp was Creed. That is unfair. I like his voice, but he is not Creed. He is 1/4 of Creed, no more. It's safe to say he has some ego issues. That is why people feel the need to bash him. While I thought his voice was great in a unique way, celebrities being egomaniacal asses pisses me off. I hope Stapp does well and support him as long as he is not an egomaniac, but it appears he is (or was) that way.

The reason so many have turned to Alter Bridge is because there is not one person in that group that acts as if they are superior to others, nor has anyone ever claimed that. People (like myself) partially dislike Stapp because we are sick of giant personalities in rock music. Enough is enough. The day I hear about lots of instantances of Myles Kennedy giving bad performances, not going to soundchecks, and not talking to his bandmates, being overly concerned with real estate deals, I will lose respect for Myles, too. But, I doubt that is going to happen, as their have been no indications of anyone in AB acting like that.

ROCK ON ALTER BRIDGE! And, Stapp, you have a great voice (not as good as Myles), but it's not about you. It's about your friends/bandmates, and the fans. Good luck and I wish only well for you...

TornDaredevil

You are entitled to your point of view but like or not Stapp's voice did sell 30 million along with the music of the other bandmates. If Stapp's has other interest and not just music there are many fans that support that as well. For some artists music is there entire life and for others they like to do more than one thing and it does not make one artist better than another.
I don't know if you are accurate in thinking that alot of Creed fans have turned to AB because Mark and AB are getting bashed just as hard as Stapp is now. I personally try to stay at boards that are respectfully to both AB and Stapp.

Thanks

Last edited by musiclover291 : 10-06-2004 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:12 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: You are entitled to your point of view but like or not Stapp's voice did sell 30 million along with the music of the other bandmates.

His voice HELPED sell 30 million records, along with the music of the other bandmates. This constant division is driving me batty. CREED were A GROUP!!! The GROUP sold 30 million records. One member wasn't solely responsible for the success of the band. ALL of them were.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:38 PM   #10
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) His voice HELPED sell 30 million records, along with the music of the other bandmates. This constant division is driving me batty. CREED were A GROUP!!! The GROUP sold 30 million records. One member wasn't solely responsible for the success of the band. ALL of them were.

I agree that is what I was trying to say.

Thanks
Old 10-06-2004, 07:58 PM   #11
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
Scott Stapp was a huge part of Creed. You may disagree, but the lead singer and frontman is more than 1/4 of the band.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:08 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by StillACreedFan) ... but the lead singer and frontman is more than 1/4 of the band.
I do disagree, especially in this case, given that while Scott wrote most of the lyrics, Mark wrote most of the music. Not to mention the undeniable contributions of Brian Marshall on bass and Flip on drums. The same dumb arguments about Alice In Chains run rampant at the Jerry Cantrell boards. In both cases there is an undeniable chemistry that created the magic and the music. One would not have succeeded to the extent that they did without the other.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:09 PM   #13
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) The reason so many have turned to Alter Bridge is because there is not one person in that group that acts as if they are superior to others, nor has anyone ever claimed that.

Many have turned to Alter Bridge?
Old 10-06-2004, 10:01 PM   #14
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I do disagree, especially in this case, given that while Scott wrote most of the lyrics, Mark wrote most of the music. Not to mention the undeniable contributions of Brian Marshall on bass and Flip on drums. The same dumb arguments about Alice In Chains run rampant at the Jerry Cantrell boards. In both cases there is an undeniable chemistry that created the magic and the music. One would not have succeeded to the extent that they did without the other.
I'm not trying to discount the contributations of Mark, Flip, and marshall. They all made Creed great. But when I think of Creed, the first guy that came to mind was Stapp.

You're entitled to your own opinion.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:36 PM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Many have turned to Alter Bridge?
well... the majority of Creed fans moved to AB... a share became only-Stapp fans... and a few still support both sides.