++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-05-2005, 01:31 PM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The Shredding Master (Mark related)

By Bridge of Clay
Sao Paulo, Brazil

The virtuoso guitarist Michael Angelo Batio, considered the fastest guitar player that ever lived (GuitarWorld July 2005), came down to Brazil to promote Dean Guitars during the 2005 Expomusic in Săo Paulo, Brazil.

For those of you who don't know about whom I'm talking about, here's the scoop:

Guitar World Magazine’s July 2005 issue featured Michael in a major 6 page article plus a 2 page “collectors choice” color poster of his famous Dean Double-Guitar. In addition to this there was a full page Dean Guitars ad featuring Michael as well as a Metal Method ad also featuring Michael. Guitar World Magazine called Michael “the most blazing guitarist in the world” in this issue. This was huge!

Guitar One Magazine voted Michael the no. 1 Shredder of ALL TIME in their April 2003 issue. Other notable guitarists that made the top 10 were John Petrucci, Paul Gilbert, Buckethead, (the late, great) Shawn Lane and Yngwie Malmsteen.

Guitar World Magazine, Jan 2004 issue, names Michael Angelo Batio’s “Speed Kills” one of the “75 Essential Guitar DVD’s”. Guitar World and a host of rock giants named their favorite guitar DVD’s. “Speed Kills”, Michael’s instructional DVD is in the category “Master Classes” with B.B King, Flea, Frank Gambale and John Petrucci. Guitar World calls “Speed Kills”: “The ultimate face-melting instructional DVD”.

Batio made 5 presentations for day during the weekend, attracting fans and making new ones, including the ones who were there to see Angra's Kiko Loureiro.

I managed to get a ticket to his last presentation and although he was tired, he brough the house down. The small soundproof cubicle they made on Dean Guitars stand wasn't enough for his skills plugged on Meteoro MHA 2000 amps, which I consider the best simulator for Mesa Boogie Rectifiers.

Michael Angelo played three songs, each with one kind of guitar: Hardtail, Flying V and his double-neck guitar. At first he played pieces of classical music, then one of the songs on his instructional DVD and for last, he showed all of his skills making a medley of his own songs combined with Rock Classics, such as Randy Rhode's Crazy Train, which he played using both necks at the same time in perfect synchronization.

[b]After the workshop, he posed for autographs and pics with fans and I had the pleasure to talk to him about his fellow Mark Tremonti (Alter Bridge), as I'll quote him:

"Oh, he's (Mark Tremonti) is Great!". Michael Angelo said he had lots of fun jamming with Alter Bridge on stage during the first couple legs of One Day Remains tour and confirmed me that Tremonti laid a solo on one of the tracks for his upcoming album "Hands Without Shadows" to be released on October 26th.[b]

Dates for his upcoming clinics in Brazil are on his site: http://www.angelo.com/concerts_clinics_2005.html

If you like guitar, don't waste an opportunity like this. He'll leave you in awe. He's a must see and listen for every guitar player out there.

For more info, check: www.angelo.com