++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 07-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #1
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
These people could use your prayers.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with Joyce Meyer Ministries or not,but they could sure use prayer right now.

The other day,they took some kids to Crestwood Park, on the Meramac River aqnd 5 kids ended up drowning there before their outing was over

Heres an article.

No charges likely in drowning of 5 children

07:57 AM CDT on Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Related story: Witness from Meramec drownings talks about the incident

St. Louis (AP) -- Investigators called the drownings of five children on a church picnic an accident and said Tuesday they don't expect criminal charges, but the family of one victim retained attorneys and questioned whether there was proper supervision.

KMOV

Stuffed animals line the fence outside the St. Louis Dream Center.

Witnesses said the children -- ages 10 to 17 -- were swept away in the Meramec River during an outing Sunday at Castlewood State Park southwest of St. Louis.

Attorney William Holland was retained by the family of 16-year-old Deandre Sherman. "They want to know what happened to their child and why," Holland said.

He said the church's "heart was in the right place but they obviously failed to adequately supervise the children."

Police spokeswoman Tracy Panus said the investigation hasn't turned up anything criminal. The children had adult supervision and state law doesn't require certain adult chaperone-to-child ratios, she said.

St. Louis Dream Center, run by TV evangelist Joyce Meyer and her husband, Dave Meyer, devoted much of a regular weekly service Tuesday evening to prayers for the victims' families. The sanctuary was so packed that security had to turn people away at the door.

Edris Moore, mother of the other four victims, thanked those who tried to save her children and those who have supported her.

"Don't cry," said Moore, who has four surviving children. "Let it go. My kids are in heaven now."

Outside the church, a makeshift memorial of stuffed bears, balloons and handwritten notes lined a fence.

Joyce Meyer Ministries did not respond to e-mailed questions from The Associated Press concerning the number of chaperones who made the trip and other details.

Four siblings drowned along with Sherman after apparently going into the river to help a church friend who was caught in an undertow, authorities said. The sixth youth was rescued and survived.

The Missouri Water Patrol recorded 24 drownings on the Meramec River from 1996 to 2005.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #2
metalchris25
USER INFO »
Re: These people could use your prayers.

What a shame. My prayers are with the ministry and the families of the victims.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #3
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »

Yeah, I heard about that. The church I attend had helped that very woman in the past, through the Dream Center. It's very sad.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:58 AM   #4
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Our prayers going out to everyone involved there...

What a tragic event.

Heaven

Old 07-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »

I know I went to one of Joyce Meyer's conferences a couple years ago,and she explained all of the things that they do to help others through the Deam Center and this is very tradgic to have happen to them when they do so much for others.

I have an additional prayer request to ask of of you. I just got a message from a friend on my myspace,and the mother of her grandchildren just found out that she has stomach cancer and she is only 22 years old. So,if you would,please pray for them as well.
The dovtors want to do surgery,but I guess she doesn't want to go through with the surgery
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot