++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #46
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) i'm sorry but creed didn't take time out and do drum solos and guitar solos, so the going to the restroom comment is void...

the six minute thing, is that supposed to be a jab at ab too? cause they're not all six minutes long and you wouldn't even know having never checked out the cd...and if you've never checked out the cd, how can you say that ab sucks?

if you think that the music sucks, then you'll think stapp sucks since the music is made by the same musician's in alter bridge as it was in creed and stapp's new stuff sounds like creed (and in his mind is creed just with a new "backing band")...

You are right...but I also saw Default as an opening act with Creed. Their guitarist launched into a five minute demonstration of his massive skill on the guitar and I decided it was time to take a piss. Sorry that just doesn't appeal to me.

Cause I listened to the entire freaking CD when it was posted at VH1...more than once. Nothing there I would care to spend my hard earned money on. Nice that VH1 gave me the opportunity to decide I wasn't gonna buy it. I don't live to hear a guitar solo in every song. The comment about the cover is because I have NEVER bothered to even pick it up to look at it. Why would I?

Creed never sucked. I still listen to everything Creed ever made. Even bought the Greatest Hits CD even though I already owned every song. I hear nothing of Creed in Alter Bridge, but apparently DJ's do, or they wouldn't use the term "Creed without Scott Stapp. I got something out of Creed's lyrics. Alter Bridge's songs say absolutely nothing to me of any substance. They have no message...but then that's my opinion

Like I said I actually LIKE the fact that Tremonti and Phillips are NOWHERE on that CD. I'm enjoying hearing some NEW musicians.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:00 PM   #47
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I think you are truly missing out on good concerts then. 'Cause you're supposed to be frontrow in the middle! And if you are, there is no way you are going to the restroom in the middle of the show!

Any band that launches into a demonstration of guitar or drum skills I'm outta there. Did it at a 3 Doors Down show a year ago.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:45 PM   #48
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Any band that launches into a demonstration of guitar or drum skills I'm outta there. Did it at a 3 Doors Down show a year ago.

OH the humanity!!!

i am SO sorry some ppl with extraordanary talent wanted to do
WHAT PEOPLE CAME TO SEE THEM DO .

the lack of respect for talent in this generation is staggering .....
i wish people would realize that , although words can be quite meaningful,
THERE IS SOO MUCH MORE TO MUSIC THAN LYRICS .
Old 10-28-2005, 01:09 AM   #49
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) OH the humanity!!!

i am SO sorry some ppl with extraordanary talent wanted to do
WHAT PEOPLE CAME TO SEE THEM DO .

the lack of respect for talent in this generation is staggering .....
i wish people would realize that , although words can be quite meaningful,
THERE IS SOO MUCH MORE TO MUSIC THAN LYRICS .

^^^ Totally Agree...

when i go to a concert i expect to see a good display of talent from all members of the band, not just the singer... seeing a crazy guitar solo is always the best part of the night for me... i wish more people took bathroom breaks then so i'd get a better view...
Old 10-28-2005, 01:54 AM   #50
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I think you are truly missing out on good concerts then. 'Cause you're supposed to be frontrow in the middle! And if you are, there is no way you are going to the restroom in the middle of the show!

What did I do now? Commented on the fact that there is 10 songs on The Great Divide? Oh no, shoot me... Dude, relax, I didn't say anything negative about him.

No man, I didn't say any of that, you just assumed that. No, I sure as hell don't think not having Mark and Flip by his side is the only reason, and I never mentioned ANYTHING about Stapp sucking! I love his music, man! And I didn't say I was disappointed with the fact that there's "only" 10 songs on the album, once again you assumed I did.

Now, could you send me a quote where I actually say: "The Great Divide will suck", 'cause I sure as hell can't remember posting something like that.

Yes, and I'm positive about this album. You, on the other hand, are waisting negative energry on focusing on the fact that I am "negative".
And even if all of those things you just said about me were true. I was still right, eyy? I gussed 10 songs would feature, and I guessed right.
I don't believe you explicitly stated that you think Stapp's new album's going to suck. But, given your recent history of posts I've read, your comments generally attack Stapp & support AB. Many of the little nuances you mention and your word choice (i.e. "I mean, it has taken him forever to write these songs without Mark and Flip") tend to support my claim here. As such, I now tend to read between the lines in your posts, and they all seem to come out portraying Stapp in a negative light.

Old 10-28-2005, 01:59 AM   #51
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) is she? why my sister is posting with another account? i didnt want to be rude, just wondering how she/he knows that way to call me
she seems to like reinventing herself every now & then when a handful of people get a little ticked off at her (namely for typing)... she used to be ZION101 back when I joined just over 2 years ago (if I remember correctly, she'd type in all-caps), then reincarnated as creedsister.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:21 PM   #52
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) I now tend to read between the lines in your posts, and they all seem to come out portraying Stapp in a negative light.
Then don't read between the lines. You'll keep on misunderstanding me if you do...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-28-2005, 01:36 PM   #53
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) she seems to like reinventing herself every now & then when a handful of people get a little ticked off at her (namely for typing)... she used to be ZION101 back when I joined just over 2 years ago (if I remember correctly, she'd type in all-caps), then reincarnated as creedsister.

I wanna my Creedsister back!!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 01:45 PM   #54
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) ^^^ Totally Agree...

when i go to a concert i expect to see a good display of talent from all members of the band, not just the singer... seeing a crazy guitar solo is always the best part of the night for me... i wish more people took bathroom breaks then so i'd get a better view...
Right on. I like it when a band strays from the album, whether the singer takes a different turn in the melody or the guitar parts are tweaked a little bit to give people something different. Bands that sound exactly like their album bore me. If I wanted the album sound, I'd listen to the album. When I go to a concert, I always hope that a band has taken the time to mix things up a little. Trent Reznor does this consistently. When I saw NIN in May, during Closer, they played a little bit of The Only Time during the instrumental part. It was wicked cool.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:50 PM   #55
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, I agree, with Kerri and HuMaN~ClAy! It's boring to hear the album version live. You want it to be at least a little different. And I think it almost is all the time. At least the band I've seen!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-28-2005, 02:22 PM   #56
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy) ^^^ Totally Agree...

When I was a teenager I may have gotten some entertainment out of a crazy guitar solo. But people's tastes in music change. A crazy guitar solo now bugs the hell out of me. And not just Mark Tremonti's crazy guitar solos...anybody's.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:20 PM   #57
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) When I was a teenager I may have gotten some entertainment out of a crazy guitar solo. But people's tastes in music change. A crazy guitar solo now bugs the hell out of me. And not just Mark Tremonti's crazy guitar solos...anybody's.

*Edited* - meh, didn't like what i had here first...

instead i'm just gonna say that we have different reasons for listening to music...

Last edited by HuMaN~ClAy : 10-28-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:31 PM   #58
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
spelling

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) When I was a teenager I may have gotten some entertainment out of a crazy guitar solo. But people's tastes in music change. A crazy guitar solo now bugs the hell out of me. And not just Mark Tremonti's crazy guitar solos...anybody's.
then maybe rock music isn't for you, grandpa!

LMAO!

Sorry, just kidding! I really couldn't resist... don't take it personally!

Last edited by Bridge of Clay : 10-28-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #59
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Hahaha, you crack me up, Marcos!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-29-2005, 01:36 AM   #60
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) she seems to like reinventing herself every now & then when a handful of people get a little ticked off at her (namely for typing)... she used to be ZION101 back when I joined just over 2 years ago (if I remember correctly, she'd type in all-caps), then reincarnated as creedsister.
oh shutup nobody was madd at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as far as i know well yes i could,nt be no other my typing is a give away i see your point thank you for the download precious
Closed Thread