++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-15-2007, 06:23 AM   #1681
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

June 15th

"Don't walk alone."

We were created to live with and for one another. When we think the universe revolves around us, we upset God's intended order. Our goal in life should be to reach out to as many of God's children as we possibly can. When we learn to walk with others, we have learned to walk with God.

The stouthearted are spoiled, they have slept their sleep: and none of the men of might have found their hands.

Psalm 76:5

Heaven

Old 06-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #1682
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 16th

"Compassion."

Not pity, not anger, not shame, not impatience, not intolerance, not rejection, but compassion is what God, my Father, gives to me. He cares for my pain enough to enter into my world and share it in Jesus.

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.

Psalm 103:13

Heaven

Old 06-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #1683
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Glory To God,

THOUGH THE LORD BE HIGH YET HE HATH RESPECT UNTO THE LOWLEY BUT THE PROUD HE KNOWETH A FAR OFF THOUGH I Walk In The Midst Of Trouble thou wilt revive me thou shalt strech forth thy hand Against the wrath of my enemies And Thy Right Hand Shall Save Me The Lord Will Perfect That WHICH CONCERNETH ME THE MERCY OH LORD ENDURETH FOREVER FORSAKE NOT THE WORKS OF THINE HANDS, psalm 138...SWEET JEHOVHA GOD OUR LORD IS A FAITHFULL GOD, TO HIM ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 06-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #1684
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Father's Day 2007

I can't help but think of what James, Jesus' brothers said: "Pure religion, undefiled before God the Father is this: keep oneself undefiled and care for orphans and widows in their distress." Jesus showed clearly this was the Father's heart in his ministry.

Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds -- his name is the Lord -- and rejoice before him. A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

Psalm 68:4-5

Father, may my life, my compassion, and my ministry reflect your heart for those who need care and protection and love. Amen...

Have a great Father's Day gang!!!

Heaven

Old 06-18-2007, 06:23 AM   #1685
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 18th

"On your own."

Perhaps we give God too much credit for being active in our lives. There are some things He wants us to handle on our own. We need to take the things Christ teaches and use them in our relationships, our actions, our lives. God is with us to comfort us when we fail and to celebrate with us when we triumph, but He still allows us to make our own choices. He will not make the world work our way just because we think He should.

Hath God forgotten to be gracious? Hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies?

Psalm 77:9

Heaven

Old 06-19-2007, 06:08 AM   #1686
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 19th

"Why we love."

For husbands, there is sacrificial love in our purpose and purpose in our sacrifice. We give up ourselves to love our wives. But Jesus is the example here, and he gave up everything. His purpose? Simply to make us holy. Our motives are to be equally as sacrificial and pure in surrendering our rights to bless and love our wives.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy.

Ephesians 5:25-26

Heaven

Old 06-20-2007, 06:29 AM   #1687
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 20th

"Life is a story."

It is a parable we live through day by day. Just as a parable has a hidden meaning, so, too, the events of our daily living have significance and deeper meanings. Our present and our past are important components of who we are. We like to hold onto the past, and we strive to make the present the best it can be. God, the greatest storyteller of all, is a part of our past and our present. He can shape our parable for us if we will let Him.

I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old.

Psalm 78:2

Heaven

Old 06-21-2007, 06:12 AM   #1688
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 21st

"I long to live in your presence."

How good it is to be as close to God as his shadow and share in the comfort of his shelter. He is not far if our hearts choose to draw near him.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalm 91:1

Heaven

Old 06-22-2007, 06:16 AM   #1689
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 22nd

"Represent yo'..."

A U.S. ambassador resides in a foreign country and yet lives on U.S. owned property. Though the laws of that land may differ from ours, the ambassador is still responsible to uphold the laws and rules of his own government. His words and actions can never be wholly his for he does not act in his own capacity. When he speaks, he is a messenger for his government. When he acts, his deeds reflect on the country he represents. We are Christ's ambassadors and therefore his messengers. Too often we think that the message we preach reflects our faith. However, on a much deeper level it is the message of our everyday words and actions that are influential. We are the letter from God that people read. We become unreliable messengers when we speak crudely, gossip about a neighbor, or act dishonestly and fail to represent...

Our words and actions reflect God, who lives inside us, to people who never open a Bible or enter a church. Never forget that you are an ambassador for Christ and a messenger of hope.

An unreliable messenger stumbles into trouble, but a reliable messenger brings healing.

Proverbs 13:17

Heaven

Old 06-23-2007, 08:23 AM   #1690
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 23rd

"A struggle between God's goodness and man's badness!"

God wants us to truly appreciate what we have before we go asking for more. He gives good things to His children, and He is willing to give abundantly, but He desires us to learn the real meaning of thankfulness.

All they did was sin even more,
rebel in the desert against the High God.
They tried to get their own way with God,
clamored for favors, for special attention.
They whined like spoiled children,
"Why can't God give us a decent meal in this desert?
Sure, he struck the rock and the water flowed,
creeks cascaded from the rock.
But how about some fresh-baked bread?
How about a nice cut of meat?"

Psalm 78:17-20

Heaven

Old 06-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #1691
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 24th

"Control issues?"

More times than not, the need to control our children comes from the false belief that our identity and worth derives from how well our children behave. Think it through: If your worth comes from something outside yourself, your tendency is to control the people and factors on which your worth is based. Look at sick dictators like Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein who control their subjects through ruthless force and intimidation.

There is no one more insecure than a controller, because he labors under the false belief that the external affairs of this world are determining who he is, not God and his response to Him. If your identity is in Christ and your heart is set on being the person God wants you to be, nobody can block that goal but you.

The fruit of the Spirit is... self-control

Galatians 5:22, 23

Heaven

Old 06-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #1692
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 21st

"I long to live in your presence."

How good it is to be as close to God as his shadow and share in the comfort of his shelter. He is not far if our hearts choose to draw near him.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalm 91:1

Heaven

OH DRAW ME NEAR, GLORY TO GOD
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 06-25-2007, 06:47 AM   #1693
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 25th

"Stressed?"

The number of ways people try to deal with serious stresses in life are as numerous as there are people. Having a drink. Blaming God. Stuffing ourselves with food. Keeping our feelings inside. Blaming others. These responses might calm us, but they’re just a temporary means of escaping our problems. No product we reach for can take them away. In Psalm 55, King David described his desire to escape from his difficulties: “My heart is severely pained within me... Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest”. After the betrayal of his friend and counselor Ahithophel, who had gone to help his enemy, David wanted to get away.

Remember... when we put our cares into God’s hands, He puts His peace into our hearts.

Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.

Psalm 55:6

Heaven

Old 06-25-2007, 08:17 AM   #1694
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

GLORY TO GOD, brother i dont have much time here this morning, a lot of members Are more in likley saying PRAISE GOD HAAAAA, but to examine many issuies who ever you are few chosen seeker or back slider just about from any walk , BEFORE HIS BEAUTIFUL TOUCH CAN take our issuies and make theme his own WE HAVE TO TRUST HIM 100 PERCENT WITH, Theme, u cant say well im going give 35 percent To God and oh i,ll just take of the rest myself , GLORY TO GOD, the more we try to take on ourselfs the more we will need him AMEN awsome post david GOD BLESS YOU Brother
Old 06-26-2007, 06:50 AM   #1695
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 26th

"It's not easy loving unlovable people."

Some people do such terrible things. King David looked at evil men and felt nothing but contempt. Why should evil men prosper while good men struggled just to get by? Why should hateful women get their hearts' desires while virtuous women could hardly lift their heads? David wrestled with God's justice throughout his lifetime.

It is difficult to remember that God's justice plays itself out in eternity, not just in our lifetime. In the end of times, righteous people will prevail, while the evil are left out in the cold. You may not like it now, but keep in mind that one day each of us will receive exactly what he deserves.

Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name.

Psalm 79:6

Heaven