++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 05-07-2007, 07:26 AM   #1636
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

May 7th

"Where does your heart live?"

That's what these verses are all about. Is there a constant awareness in your life that God is present? Is he the unseen but always present companion in all your ups and downs? Or is God here when it is convenient and gone when things are busy? Joy comes from knowing we are never alone. Prayer is the ongoing conversation we have, Spirit to Spirit, with God.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Heaven

Old 05-09-2007, 06:37 AM   #1637
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 9th

"We are experts at wearing masks."

We do the acceptable things so we don't feel strange or uncomfortable. We get thrown into the lion's den, and it feels like the only way we can hope to avoid being eaten is to become a lion ourselves. Take heart. God has seen our problems and He is willing to help us stand firm for what we believe. There is a place for us. In time, God will lead us all to a place where we feel accepted and loved for who we are.

My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.

Psalm 57:4

Heaven

Old 05-10-2007, 06:37 AM   #1638
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 10th

"A God who rescues."

Jehoahaz, king of Israel, lived an evil life. He committed all the sins of Jeroboam and continued leading the nation into the sin of idolatry. So the Lord turned the people of Israel over to be oppressed by the Arameans. But even though Jehoahaz had been a failure and disobedient to God as a king, when he sought the Lord's help, God heard. And seeing the terrible oppression Israel was living under, he intervened. He raised up a deliverer and savior (a foreshadowing of Christ), one who rescued them from tyranny, and Israel once again lived in safety and peace.

If God will do this for an evil king and an idolatrous nation when they call out to him, how much more will he hear and respond to the prayers of his children, who are reconciled to him because of the sacrifice of our savior, Jesus.

Jehohaz prayed for the Lord's help, and the Lord heard his prayer. The Lord could see how terribly the king of Aram was oppressing Israel. So the Lord raised up a deliverer to rescue the Israelites from the tyranny of the Arameans. Then Israel lived in safety again as they had in former days.

2 Kings 13:4-5

Heaven

Old 05-11-2007, 06:52 AM   #1639
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 11th

"Be kind and compassionate."

Two qualities that seem to be in short supply. Maybe its because we hold up the wrong heroes, but these two qualities are often seen as a sign of weakness rather than strength. To forgive as God forgave us requires great courage and great strength. So let's be strong!

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Ephesians 4:32

Heaven

Old 05-12-2007, 07:06 AM   #1640
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 12th

"God the Redeemer."

Have you ever given God reason to be angry with you? Compare your sins with the sins of Israel. As you read through the Old Testament, you discover the truth that seems to shock most people: At no time in Israel's history did they ever remain faithful to God. Of course, there were periods of collective obedience... But as soon as the blessings flowed, their hearts wandered, and once again they fell into their evil ways. Their lives were steeped in a constant pattern of rebellion and unfaithful living.

And what is God's name? Redeemer. Deliverer. Savior. What is the judgment he hands down? He plans to redeem them. Again. He deals with them according to his goodness, not their evil. He forgives them. Not because they deserve it but because it is God's nature to forgive.

You will know I am the Lord, O people of Israel, when I have honored my name by treating you mercifully in spite of your wickedness, says the Sovereign Lord.

Ezekiel 20:44

Heaven

Old 05-13-2007, 08:52 AM   #1641
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Mothers Day 2007

"Praise women."

So many things we honor and exalt in our culture are shallow and temporary. The one thing that lasts in a beautiful woman is not her charm or her beauty, but her godliness. Let's make sure in our family that true and lasting beauty is clearly valued and amply praised!

Charm is deceptive and beauty if fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Proverbs 31:30

Heaven

Old 05-14-2007, 06:46 AM   #1642
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 14th

"Money."

The cost of wealth is often our very faith. Let not the wealth of the world turn you from God. There is the devil's finest work.

Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.

Psalm 62:10

Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.

~Pink Floyd

Heaven

Old 05-15-2007, 06:46 AM   #1643
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 15th

"I don't know!"

That has to be one of the hardest phrases for us to use. But when thinking about God and his ways, that's really all we can say. We know about God only what he in his grace has chosen to reveal to us. He is the Mystery of mysteries. He is the supreme knowable Unknown. Yet what we do know of him, what he has revealed to us in Jesus, is not only mighty and awesome, but loving and merciful.

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.

Ecclesiastes 11:5

Heaven

Old 05-16-2007, 06:40 AM   #1644
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 16th

"Feed 'em to the animals!"."

Some people love to spend time making others unhappy. These people will have to answer to God for their actions. We are called to love one another and to look for ways to give one another encouragement. While the nasty people will answer in shame for their deeds, the kind will rejoice with Christ in heaven.

But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth. They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.

Psalm 63:9,10

Heaven

Old 05-17-2007, 06:29 AM   #1645
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 17th

"God's plan to save us is incredible."

His blueprints for the creation of our universe are beyond our imagining. He is so rich in wisdom and knowledge. What else can we do but go to him and ask him to open our minds to his work and his will in our lives.

Oh, the depth and riches of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out.

Romans 11:33

Heaven

Old 05-18-2007, 06:15 AM   #1646
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 18th

"God WILL expose it for what it is."

Jesus stood with a group of His followers. In the distance, a crowd appeared, pushing a naked woman along in front of them. They cast her down at the Lord's feet and said, "What should we do with this adultress?" They hoped to trap Jesus into advising sin. Aware of the trap, Jesus gazed deeply into the eyes of the people. He stooped down and scribbled in the dust. Abruptly, He stood back up and said, "The one among you who is without sin, let him cast the first stone."

His answer struck like a bolt of lightning. Words of pure love and power exploded their conceit, and they were forced to look at the truth of God openly and honestly. The sin was not at issue. What mattered was forgiveness.

But God shall shoot at them with an arrow: suddenly shall they be wounded.

Psalm 64:7

Heaven

Old 05-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #1647
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 19th

"Why righteousness is so hard to find..."

Now I know why righteousness is so hard to find: there aren't many sowers! Heavenly wisdom is full of sacrificial earthly action. That's a powerful reminder to me that wisdom is not what you know but what you sow!

The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

James 3:17-18

Heaven

Old 05-20-2007, 08:51 AM   #1648
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

May 20th

"Unity comes from God's Spirit as we follow Jesus."

But unity has a purpose much deeper than our getting along with each other. Jesus prayed that we would be one so the world would know that God sent him ( John 17 ). We want to be united so our praise can bring glory to God. Unity is far more than a goal, it is a process through which the world learns of Jesus and we glorify the Father who sent him and saved us. Can you think of anything more fundamental to our faith than that?

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 15:5-6

Heaven

Old 05-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #1649
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Glory To God,

The Cornerstone, where would we be brother without both GOD AND HIS SON, and the mercy that flows from the love christ and saves us from our times tribulations that God is enduring with us GLORY TO GOD, but where would we be with his mercy following us as the spirt of our God falls up on us, but when the harder gets harder we can rest asure, surley today and forever and always, and as well as those who are following his spirt today and i hate to rain on everybody parades im not pouring on the sugar my brother but if we do follow hes truth and glory we will endure the absents of that first love that once held us so close GLORY TO GOD GLORY, but we can rest asure in the precious word flowing from the book of romans and know that the were wrote in gold, and should be highlighted for a lot of us GLORY GLORY GLORY, Romans 8,32,39 HE THAT SPARED NOT HIS OWN SON ON THAT DAY OF SORROWS BUT DELIVERED HIM UP FOR US ALL HOW SHALL HE NOT WITH HIM Also Freely Give Us All Things My Brother, WHO SHALL LAY ANYTHING TO THE CHARGES OF GODS ELETS IT IS GOD THAT JUSTFIETH ALL Oh GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Who Is He That Commandeth It Is CHRIST THAT DIED YEA RATHER THAT IS RISEN AGAIN, So It Was Written IF WE HAVE DIED WITH HIM GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WE Know We Have Lived With Him Who Is Even Now At The Right HAND OF GOD that makes me smile WHO ALSO MAKETH INTERCISION FOR US, Oh GLORY TO GOD, Who Shall Separate Us From The Love Of Christ SHALL TRIBULATION OR DISTRESS OR PERSUCUTION OR FAMINE OR NAKNEDNESS OR PERIL OR SWORD, Nay IN ALL THESE THINGS HE SUFFRED WE ARE MORE THAN THE CONQURERS THROUGH HIM THAT LOVED US FOR I,AM PERSUADED THAT NEITHER DEATH NOR LIFE NOR ANGELS NOR PRINCEPALITIES NOR POWERS NOR THINGS PRESENT NOR THINGS TO COME NOR HEIGT NOR DEPTH NOR ANY CREATURE SHALL BE ABLE TOO SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD AND CHRIST,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 05-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #1650
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) May 17th

"God's plan to save us is incredible."

His blueprints for the creation of our universe are beyond our imagining. He is so rich in wisdom and knowledge. What else can we do but go to him and ask him to open our minds to his work and his will in our lives.

Oh, the depth and riches of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out.

Romans 11:33

Heaven

GLORY TO GOD Brother David ya know what its IRONIC How Far He Reaches To Save Man Kind and of all his people Glory To God, His spirt is every where just about, there is no egnoring him except those who have grown and waxed cold, GLORY,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You