++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-16-2004, 01:33 PM   #31
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Are those good or bad chills?

Good. I love that song....

And Jez, right on...I love Say I big time, along with Wrong Way. I don't consider them weak songs at all.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:36 PM   #32
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar)
Good. I love that song....

And Jez, right on...I love Say I big time, along with Wrong Way. I don't consider them weak songs at all.

"Say I" is such an awesome song. It has some metal-ness to it.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:12 PM   #33
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: I guess someone would have said something if Stapp was there

LMAO. Stapp was most definitely not there.

That I can remember off the top of my head Craig from 4 Years Past and Bill Peck were there. If there were other musicians, I don't recall, but that doesn't mean there weren't.

Apparently John Connolly (sp?) from Sevendust has a cd with some of the new band's stuff on it and he said it was awesome. Gimme a sec and I'll copy the post from another board.

Here ya go:

Quote: He speaks very HIGHLY of the new band...says it is so awesome and we are going to be blown away. Coming from him...it is pretty much solid..john knows his shit. He said he has the cd and it is incredible..he had nothing but great things to say. He said brian is as awesome as ever..i just hope they do a tour and come my way!

This was posted by someone who is good friends with Connolly.

Last edited by RockGoddess : 04-16-2004 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:28 PM   #34
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) They really half-assed the writing process if you tell me.
I'm surprised to hear you say that TOW because I know you are a Mark fan. Mark contributed more lyrics to Weathered then he did on MOP and HC, which were mostly Stapp lyrics (except for Torn). And, if you remember the interview with Mark (that's on the Mark Tremonti web-site), he felt it was Creed's best album.

Lullaby is okay, but it should have never been played in concert. With the exception of maybe one or two songs, I love all of Creed's music, even the lesser known TWIMC and ITTE.

Dogstar, I agree with you about WGMB. It gives me chills too - especially seeing it live. It's the song I remember the most for the concert.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:35 PM   #35
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I'm surprised to hear you say that TOW because I know you are a Mark fan. Mark contributed more lyrics to Weathered then he did on MOP and HC, which were mostly Stapp lyrics (except for Torn). And, if you remember the interview with Mark (that's on the Mark Tremonti web-site), he felt it was Creed's best album.

Lullaby is okay, but it should have never been played in concert. With the exception of maybe one or two songs, I love all of Creed's music, even the lesser known TWIMC and ITTE.

Dogstar, I agree with you about WGMB. It gives me chills too - especially seeing it live. It's the song I remember the most for the concert.

More lyics doesn't mean the majority of the lyrics. Mark has only written one full song, unless you also want to count "Before I Die". And it doesn't matter if Mark says it's their best album. All artists hype up their albums. All I can recall is Scott Stapp saying that "Weathered" was Creed's most diverse album.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:35 PM   #36
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
I think WGMB would give anyone chills and make you remember the most live and in concert, especially the people who attended the Chicago show.

Last edited by Trees of Wisdom : 04-16-2004 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:43 PM   #37
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) More lyics doesn't mean the majority of the lyrics. Mark has only written one full song, unless you also want to count "Before I Die". And it doesn't matter if Mark says it's their best album. All artists hype up their albums. All I can recall is Scott Stapp saying that "Weathered" was Creed's most diverse album.
Scott still did the majority, but Mark wrote part of MS and OLB was Marks - This info, per Michael, in an older post here One Last Breath - Mark had all the lyrics, music and vocal melodys done for that song. Scott kept Mark's lyrics and vocal melody's for the chorus and the bridge but rewrote the verses lyrically

I remember Stapp saying the same thing. You have to agree with that - look at Bullets and Freedom Fighter compared to Lullaby.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:27 PM   #38
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Scott still did the majority, but Mark wrote part of MS and OLB was Marks - This info, per Michael, in an older post here One Last Breath - Mark had all the lyrics, music and vocal melodys done for that song. Scott kept Mark's lyrics and vocal melody's for the chorus and the bridge but rewrote the verses lyrically

I remember Stapp saying the same thing. You have to agree with that - look at Bullets and Freedom Fighter compared to Lullaby.

Weathered would have been more awesome if it had more songs like "Bullets" and "Freedom Fighter".
Old 04-16-2004, 06:25 PM   #39
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Weathered would have been more awesome if it had more songs like "Bullets" and "Freedom Fighter".

Or more songs like What If, Illusion, Sister...
Old 04-16-2004, 10:40 PM   #40
RMadd
USER INFO »
I'm too lazy to read every stinking post, but I'll comment on something I think I saw. I agree that Weathered was their worst album (not in the sense that it's terrible, but that it's the least of the 3). OLB, MS, SHWM, Hide, they're good songs... but the rest are nothing spectacular. For me, HC just barely beats out MOP, w/ Faceless Man, WAWO, Higher, and Inside Us All vs. WTLF, One, MOP, and Sister.

Old 04-17-2004, 02:41 AM   #41
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
i agree
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 04-17-2004, 07:46 AM   #42
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
how can you have Sister has one of the strongest songs off MOP? IMHO everything else is better then Sister including the b-side on the Australian edition Bound and Tied that I really like. Sister is by no means a bad song but quite clearly the weakest song on that album. Say I and Wrong Way are not bad songs but compare them to Faceless Man, What If, Higher, Inside Us All and the like and they are not in the same league. The biggest trouble with Human Clay was the sameness, which Weathered didn't suffer from at all.

thanks for the info Rockgoddess, good to know John Connolly is very impressed although I think being good mates with them he is just a little biased! :Big Grin: what board is that posted from BTW? I was kind of hoping Myles' musical friend Chris Cornell and his wife Susan Silver were there. :Big Grin:

Why do people wish Weathered was more like earlier albums with more songs like the ones on their debut and sophomore effort? You can't repeat yourself or the fans get bored and more importantly the band gets bored. Almost reminds me of the PJ fans who hammer for Ten and Vs editions 1, 2 and 3. Didn't Scott speak about the band almost leaving DSD off Weathered but chose to put it on? I'm sure finances played a part but it did help the WAWOF. Maybe they should have left that off and put Nothing on instead?
Old 04-17-2004, 12:54 PM   #43
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, I happen to like Sister a lot. I've always liked the lyrics. I don't find it a weak song at all. And Higher never has been one of my favorite Creed songs. It may have been a successful single, but it didn't do all that much for me as the others you cited, like Faceless Man. I don't think HC suffered from sameness at all. Look at What If and then look at Inside Us All or Never Die or Wash Away Those Years...There are a lot of different themes in those songs.

I never said Weathered should be more like the earlier albums. I said I didn't get the same cool vibe that I got with the other two. It didn't move me the way the other two did. It didn't take me on the cool trip the other two did. I think some of that is due to the lyrical content as well as the overall sound. It's lighter in sound to me and I like heavy. Look at Alice In Chains. And I know I'm biased because I really like them, but still, they evolved big time and IMO they moved forward. Listen to Facelift and then pop in the self-titled. Totally different sounds, but really good stuff. Their lyrics still kicked ass and the sound was still really cool. They experimented with even more vocal layering and other instruments (the strings on Jar Of Flies, for example) .

Weathered just went in a direction I didn't like. I don't think the title track is all that impressive lyrically along with DSD, Lullaby, SHWM (though the solo is awesome), Signs...It has its moments, but overall, it still is my least favorite of the Creed albums.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:08 PM   #44
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
My opinion is that with Weathered Creed earned a whole new breed of fans. Pretty smart if you ask me. Besides I liked the cd myself. It may be just me as well but the Weathered cd got more radio airplay than any of their previous albums. I guess it was more commercial.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:20 PM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hey, Mr. TN!!! Nice to see ya!!!