++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-23-2004, 01:31 AM   #46
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I know some here don't like weathered but commercially they were not going backwards! Weathered was not as big as Human Clay but it sold more than My Own Prison did worldwide. It had a string of singles and touring wise they did preddy well bringing in the numbers.

About Creed's contract if Alter Bridge and Stapp count to the deal then it is a smart move on Wind-Up's part as these two acts are basically guarenteed provided the songs are there to make a lot of dough. I'm rooting for them both, I really hope both albums sell like hotcakes!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-23-2004, 01:42 AM   #47
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) What concerts did you go to? I was at 8 that tour and the ONLY ones sold out that I was at were Milwaukee and St. Paul on the first leg (that whole leg sold out)...and then Chicago and Philly in December of 2002. Alpine Valley might have been, but with a GA lawn, you can't really tell...

I know for a fact Moline in August was not a sell out...the arena was half empty.

But I think overall they did well from the tour...weren't they like #8 or something for touring in 2002? But the attendce dropped off over the tour.

I agree with you on the awards.
I saw them on the 2nd show of the Weathered Tour in Birmingham, Alabama, then in Nashville, Evansville Indiana, Little Rock Arkansas ( where we met them) and in Philly for what may have been their last show. I've gone to more concerts than just about anything, and at a Creed show it was somewhat Spiritual, Scott was an awesome front man( and I don't want to hear any whinners about chicago) and he could lead the crowd almost as if he were performing magic. Their was truly a chemistry between Scott, Flip, Mark, and Hestla fit in nicely too.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:45 AM   #48
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
[quote=handmedown]I know some here don't like weathered but commercially they were not going backwards! Weathered was not as big as Human Clay but it sold more than My Own Prison did worldwide. It had a string of singles and touring wise they did preddy well bringing in the numbers.

Weathered still had a few hits that could have been released that would have helped it to pass Human Clay.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:47 AM   #49
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN) I've gone to more concerts than just about anything, and at a Creed show it was somewhat Spiritual, Scott was an awesome front man( and I don't want to hear any whinners about chicago) and he could lead the crowd almost as if he were performing magic. Their was truly a chemistry between Scott, Flip, Mark, and Hestla fit in nicely too.

I don't think you'll find many people to dispute that Stapp was a hell of a front man. Hell, I've never disputed that. I've seen a lot of other bands and none come close to his showmanship.

Chicago...definatly a changing point for me. My respect level for Mark, Flip and Brett skyrocketed as my repect level for Stapp plummited. But it was one of those "had to be there" things I suppose.

But yes Philly...hands down the BEST show of the tour...they got it together one last time to go out on a GREAT note.

They did have a chemestry....sadly, the forumla's been messed with a bit much and maybe after a while they'll find it again.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:18 AM   #50
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
[quote=Mr.CreedFreakTN]
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) I know some here don't like weathered but commercially they were not going backwards! Weathered was not as big as Human Clay but it sold more than My Own Prison did worldwide. It had a string of singles and touring wise they did preddy well bringing in the numbers.

Weathered still had a few hits that could have been released that would have helped it to pass Human Clay.

perhaps they could have released hide as a single instead of bullets? anyhow it went 6 times platnium in the U.S alone (and sold bigtime in India and Indonesia) so how can anyone seriously state they were in decline commercially, what utter nonsense.

stapp is a great frontman and demands attention, the only other frontman who fits that description is another scott....scott weiland.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-23-2004, 01:09 PM   #51
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) perhaps they could have released hide as a single instead of bullets? anyhow it went 6 times platnium in the U.S alone (and sold bigtime in India and Indonesia) so how can anyone seriously state they were in decline commercially, what utter nonsense.

stapp is a great frontman and demands attention, the only other frontman who fits that description is another scott....scott weiland.

They were slowly doing worse. It was better to quit before it's too late.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:57 AM   #52
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »
Man, I thought Creed was gonna be the "Bon Jovi" for the new millennium, but i was wrong. THey are pulling a "Pantera" on the fans but the only thing is they dont go around attackin eachother verbally.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:11 AM   #53
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) They were slowly doing worse. It was better to quit before it's too late.

slowly doing worse? remember we are talking commercial success here purely and simply! prove to me using the stats such as the RIAA that there was a downward direction with albums and touring sales. look at the U.S, MOP sold 6 million or so, HC 11 million so far and Weathered I think has sold about 7 million. even if weathered sold less than mop in the us that wouldn't mean anything because there is still no downward slide from one album to the next and worldwide weathered destroyed mop's sales.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-24-2004, 03:06 PM   #54
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
Creed has been in decline, I think, since Higher became a pop hit...then when Weathered was released, the old hard rock fan base started to erod away and after awhile the pop scene was done with them. Creed was in a big problem that they may never be able to get out of because of the decline in their hard rock credibilty and the pop scene's 15 minutes of fame attitude.

Also Scott Stapp's ego and the Brian removal contributed to the decline.

Now if they have 4 more albums to do then that most likey would be Creed itself and not Alterbridge and Stapp, which would be on seperate contracts because they are seperate entities.
This means that Creed will have to make new music even if they release a compliation and DVD unless they void the contract...

That is my