++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-22-2004, 08:24 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
It might take a while, but they'll likely put out something to fulfill the contractual obligations.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:34 PM   #17
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ibleedpurple) I'm still not holding my breath for the compilation CD, although that would be a great way to delay the news of the breakup and milk some more money out of the fans.

Naw, the Creed compilation will be released, at least that's what we've been told.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:38 PM   #18
Echelon122
USER INFO »
I think the compilation along with an announcment of the end of Creed would shoot sales of it through the freakin ROOF.

The DVD will never see the light of day, and that sucks. The shows recorded for it were some of the best.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:40 PM   #19
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) I think the compilation along with an announcment of the end of Creed would shoot sales of it through the freakin ROOF.

The DVD will never see the light of day, and that sucks. The shows recorded for it were some of the best.

There could be a chance that the DVD will be released so Creed finishes their Wind-up contract.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:53 PM   #20
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Am I the only one who thinks this thread is an entirely pointless erray of speculation. Be patient and the music will take care of itself!!!
Old 05-22-2004, 09:03 PM   #21
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) There could be a chance that the DVD will be released so Creed finishes their Wind-up contract.

Then tell the guy sitting on his ass about it to get with it. There weren't that many shows to go through.

At this rate, put them ALL on there (Detroit, Grand Rapids, Madison), some other stuff, the videos, and like the VH1 "Opening night live" thing (it was kinda cool behind the scenes)...put it at a reasonable price.

and give those f-ked over by CreedINK the thing for Free....that'd certainly satiate my need for legal remedy.

around a long time.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:16 PM   #22
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) Then tell the guy sitting on his ass about it to get with it. There weren't that many shows to go through.

At this rate, put them ALL on there (Detroit, Grand Rapids, Madison), some other stuff, the videos, and like the VH1 "Opening night live" thing (it was kinda cool behind the scenes)...put it at a reasonable price.

and give those f-ked over by CreedINK the thing for Free....that'd certainly satiate my need for legal remedy.

That'd be one amazing DVD.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:20 PM   #23
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Who cares if it got more airplay? I thought it was the first nail in Creed's coffin... commercialized, pop-ized, and lyrically flat/repetitive. Musically it was not-too-bad, though.

Definately their worst offering.

Yup... I have to say that WEATHERED was not there best stuff....it was thrown together....the bass sucked...no Brian...and the chemistry was not there...It got more airplay because it was a big band...the first 2 albums proved themselves...and there fore it sold....but lets face it...when Brian left...it was not the same...The first 2 albums ...KICKED ass....sorry..but true...The first 2 were rock and roll....ballads are ok...but you don't need that many....
Old 05-22-2004, 11:26 PM   #24
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) Yup... I have to say that WEATHERED was not there best stuff....it was thrown together....
Both Scott and Mark had said it was their best album.

Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) the bass sucked...no Brian...
Mark was the one who recorded all the bass tracks.

I thought Brett did a great job on tour with them.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:28 PM   #25
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Both Scott and Mark had said it was their best album.

Mark was the one who recorded all the bass tracks.

I thought Brett did a great job on tour with them.

Brett did a pretty good job. That's why I knew Creed were going to break up since he wasn't going to be their permanent bassist.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:36 PM   #26
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Brett did a pretty good job. That's why I knew Creed were going to break up since he wasn't going to be their permanent bassist.
I don't think that has anything to do with it. They never felt the need, or wanted to, have an official fourth member of the band.

Bon Jovi's bassist was asked to leave the band years ago and was never replaced. They continue on as a foursome.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:36 PM   #27
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Human Clay is my fav album because it's the one that got me into Creed, but I definately love Weathered.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:39 PM   #28
Shadow
USER INFO »
I love all of the albums equally. I've been listening to Creed since MOP days. I have favorites off each album. I actually love all of their songs with the expection of maybe 1 or 2 of them.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:57 PM   #29
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) Yup... I have to say that WEATHERED was not there best stuff....it was thrown together....the bass sucked...no Brian...and the chemistry was not there...It got more airplay because it was a big band...the first 2 albums proved themselves...and there fore it sold....but lets face it...when Brian left...it was not the same...The first 2 albums ...KICKED ass....sorry..but true...The first 2 were rock and roll....ballads are ok...but you don't need that many....
Everybodys Got their Fave Of Course But Saying That Weathered Was Thrown Together Is Fricking Childish, That Album Was In Perfect Balance s wa A Diverse Fricking Master Peace Even if They Were Short Of A Bass Player I mean Come On,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-23-2004, 12:05 AM   #30
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Human Clay is my fav album because it's the one that got me into Creed, but I definately love Weathered.
Same here...

I loved Weathered, cause for me, it appealed more broadly to me...I saw things in the music that were not just "spiritual"...I could relate them more to my friends and other things like that.

I discovered Creed when I was a Youth Director :lol:

and I actually LOVE the bass on Weathered. For a first timer, I thought Mark did a good job, and I actually think the bass part more complimented the rest of the song, and didn't just run parallel to the guitar part. Yeah it was rough, and you could tell someone was playing the Bass that wasn't used to it.

Brett did an AWESOME Job on the tour :thud He didn't try to take Brian's spot, he just came in, put part of himself into the parts and kicked some ass doing so. I wish they would have made him permanant back in 2000...but I'm glad he's happy doing his thing producing bands and working on the album side. I'd love to see him on stage again though...holy hanna he's got some great talent to share. Each of the guys at various points mentioned bringin him on as the permanant man, but I think a LOT of record company politics come into play...as well as maybe he wanted more freedom in their off time *Shrug* I'm sad it didnt' work out, but SO GLAD and greatful he was with them.

I wonder if part of the "chemestry" missing was the way the album was written?

But when they recorded HC, they'd been playing most of those songs before hand in concert...so that comfort level would translate to the studio too I would think.

Quote: I have favorites off each album. I actually love all of their songs with the expection of maybe 1 or 2 of them.

Same here. It depends on my mood if I skip songs, but there's maybe 1-3 I don't really care for at all.

Some people just don't like Weathered, and that's fine...but many do. Each song, each album means something different to each person. Someone may LOVE "Beautiful", me, I skip it cause I don't like it. Me, I LOVE "Hide"...I know others that don't like it. Music means different things to different people.
But it's all cool.

around a long time.