++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-02-2005, 08:23 PM   #31
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) But it's not a crime if those who DL actually buy the CD. Every CD I've ever DL'ed, I now own. Like I've said, I believe in supporting an artist by buying the CD. Like you, I have discovered some awesome music by DLing an artist first. That's how I found out about bands like 12 Stones, Kutless, and many other bands I listen to.
If I would buy every CD I download I would spend way more money than I make. I download music and albums all the time! Actually, I am one of those who downloads everything, besides from band I really care for, which means: Alter Bridge, Creed, Submersed, The Mayfield Four and now Scott Stapp. That's about it... I know it's bad 'cause you don't support the bands, but I try to support them by going to their shows instead. Which I could never afford if I didn't download their music. And if I buy a CD, the first thing I do is to pop it into my puter and rip it up to my harddrive. Then I listen to it through my computer and my iPod. I use my computer as my stereo, since I have kicking speakers on it. And hardly ever even listen to the record...

Since Monday, (today it's Wednesday), I have downloaded 3 albums.

-Shinedown - Us And Them
-Default - One Thing Remains
-Scott Stapp - The Great Divide

And the only CD I will buy out of those 3 is, of course, The Great Divide. (Which is very unusual). It's not that I don't enjoy the music, it's really good, but I'm too used to download what the heck I want before its release. If I should start to buy everything I could never afford the things I can afford now. Couple of things I've downloaded:

-All the 10 Friends seasons
-The first season of Friends spin-off; Joey, and all the aired episodes of the second one
-All the episodes of a swedish show called "Hey Baberiba"
-A bunch of movies, the last one was "Hostage" in DVD quality
-A lot of cool concert DVDs, like Metallica, Goo Goo Dolls, Alter Bridge, etc
-Games like Quake 4, GTA San Andreas, GTA III, NHL 2005, Need For Speed: Underground 2 and Max Payne 2
-Cool programs like Photoshop CS, Illustrator, Sony Vegas, etc, etc
-And about one album a week, I guess. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But the thing is I can get all these albums in CD quality weeks or maybe a month before its release

And that's just a couple of things... You see, it's really hard to resist!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 11-02-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #32
Creed7352
USER INFO »
the beginning to sublime reminds me of collective soul.

let me go sort of has that WGMB feel to it...with a bit of a driving drum line in the back...reminds me of FM and WGMB mixed.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #33
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Something new, actually... Stapp pretty much hit the wall after the Creed break-up, and this album is about that, and forgiving.

BROKEN IS GIVING THE CHILLS, MAN!!!

For once youve said sumthing I agree with...
Old 11-02-2005, 08:39 PM   #34
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Hah, amen to that, brother! It's good we agree about Stapp, then!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #35
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Seb, you talk too much...
Old 11-02-2005, 08:43 PM   #36
titan9
USER INFO »
I take back what I said. I haven't bought every single album I've DLed, only the ones that I have listened to more than once. For instance, I DLed the latest Saliva CD, hated it, and immediately got rid of it. I thought it'd be as good as their 3rd(or was it their 2nd) CD, but it just sucked. When I hate an album, I will not buy it. When I think the album is decent, I will buy it, out of respect for the artist. I buy a lot of CDs, but thankfully I have enough money to do so. Doesn't hurt that most of the time, the CDs are 9.99 or less. I do realize, however, that not everyone who DLs a CD can afford to buy it right away. Some CDs are ridiculously priced(like, for instance, the first Sanctus Real CD, which I bought at a local Christian store because no one else had it. That cost me 17 dollars. I wasn't thrilled, but because the music was so good, I was willing to fork over some extra money) so it makes it hard for people who are on a budget to buy those.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:43 PM   #37
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Hahahah, you told me to lay low a day or two...

But it's ture what Marcos says! The album exceeded my expectations. He's voice sounds good, besides from "Reach Out". It's really good! - Yes, I heard it too. It's much heavier than I thought! And oh yes, Broken is awesome! True Michael Jacksson-ballad-singing-along-feeling! Will be awesome live!

I said I had heard it not that I had a link for it. The link was supposed to... ( hold on a bit... and by that I mean going publically on boards)
Old 11-02-2005, 08:47 PM   #38
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
The Hard way

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Hah, amen to that, brother! It's good we agree about Stapp, then!
Dud I just got listening to the hard way what as song killer guitar and really hard, what a change!
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 11-02-2005, 09:06 PM   #39
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
well i just listened to it... and wow, a lot better than what i was expecting... gonna need to listen to it a few more times yet to get a good opinion about it tho. but i will say that broken didn't hit me as hard as some of you guys... but i did really liked justify!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:09 PM   #40
titan9
USER INFO »
"Justify" is an awesome song. I didn't know if I'd like the blend of talking/singing in that song, but it's pretty good. Like you, I need to listen to it a few more times(I'm planning on listening once more tonight) to form a real opinion on it. Right now, my initial rating would be around an 8 or a 9.

Old 11-02-2005, 09:50 PM   #41
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
well, i'm still listening to it haha... i have to say most of the lyrics are awesome... almost seems like the cd is an interview and he's telling us all about the breakup of creed and how he handled it.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:00 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, that's the impression I got. You can definitely hear it in tracks like "Hard Way" and "Fight Song".

Old 11-02-2005, 10:17 PM   #43
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Oh My God! I was listening to his album, and I just decided start it with 'Broken' since all of you said it was awesome,fantastic, but...to my total surprise I ...dont agree...and its not because this is a bad song or something (its beautiful) but didnt impresse me at all. Didnt hit me you know...
Still prefering Fight Song
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-02-2005, 10:19 PM   #44
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Hahahah, you told me to lay low a day or two...

But it's ture what Marcos says! The album exceeded my expectations. He's voice sounds good, besides from "Reach Out". It's really good! - Yes, I heard it too. It's much heavier than I thought! And oh yes, Broken is awesome! True Michael Jacksson-ballad-singing-along-feeling! Will be awesome live!
MJ ummmmmmmmmmm k well all opions are open are you feeling alright? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i think michale would like it i really cant hear a michale sing along how ever ya want hear it i guess but i would i did hear is strong lyrics and of course the year that poor michale has had this year he needs something strong Like Broken
Old 11-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #45
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Oh My God! I was listening to his album, and I just decided start it with 'Broken' since all of you said it was awesome,fantastic, but...to my total surprise I ...dont agree...and its not because this is a bad song or something (its beautiful) but didnt impresse me at all. Didnt hit me you know...
Still prefering Fight Song
What do you think anna, good cd so far?
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...