++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-07-2005, 07:56 AM   #151
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Some observations now that I've logged my 6th listen:

1.It seems like the very best tracks on this album are the first four, which happen to all be "hard" songs. These songs have good music, good vocals, good lyrics. I guess I can draw the conclusion that he obviously writes better for the hard songs than the ballads.

2.On the next album, I would like to see 3 less ballads. I don't hate or dislike all the ballads on this album(most are good), but I think he would be better suited with an album that has 6-7 hard songs and only 3-4 ballads.

3.What I've noticed is that on both ODR and TGD, there are 3 songs I'm most likely to skip. For ODR, it'd be Broken Wings, Watch Your Words and The End Is Here. For TGD, it'd be the title track, Let Me Go and Sublime. It's not like these tracks are awful, but I'm just not as likely to listen to them on every listen of the album. Also, it seems like on both ODR and TGD, the first 4-5 tracks are the strongest on the album. Kinda ironic.

Just my opinion.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:12 AM   #152
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Well on ODR the first five tracks minus OYE are the strongest. By far. On ODR I skip OYE, Broken Wings, ILY, SMS. I don't "skip" TEIH because it is the last song on the album, lol

As for Stapp's album... I skip everything except Justify. lol
Old 11-07-2005, 09:12 AM   #153
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Exactly. I had high hopes listening to the first four songs. I liked Justify and Fight Song. After Justify, though, I'm sorry, but it sucks. The slow stuff is just awful. Boring music, cliched lyrics...Blech. I won't be buying this, that's for sure.

You and I have very similar tastes in music...
Old 11-07-2005, 10:10 AM   #154
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well on ODR the first five tracks minus OYE are the strongest. By far. On ODR I skip OYE, Broken Wings, ILY, SMS. I don't "skip" TEIH because it is the last song on the album, lol

you don't skip BID?

I dunno what people have against OYE though. I usually skip WYW and TEIH.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #155
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) you don't skip BID?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!?!

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well on ODR the first five tracks minus OYE are the strongest. By far. On ODR I skip OYE, Broken Wings, ILY, SMS. I don't "skip" TEIH because it is the last song on the album, lol

OH MY GOD, this is too much to hear at the same time!!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #156
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
WYW has no melody... it's just crunching guitars. and TEIH isn't very appealing... lol
Old 11-07-2005, 11:24 AM   #157
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, well that's the beauty for WYW!

I think TEIH is very mysterious and I think the whole band does a very good job on that song!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) How about Audioslave and Shinedown just to name two?
Don't forget System Of A Down, though!! Such a tallented, original, political and HEEEAAVVY band!!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 11-07-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #158
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well on ODR the first five tracks minus OYE are the strongest. By far.

I agree with that. Those are definitely the strongest tracks. I really like OYE(especially that awesome solo) but even I admit that it isn't that original of a song. It has a Creed sound to it. As for Burn It Down, I have grown to love that song. I never skip it anymore.

I agree with Marcos on WYW and TEIH. Those songs just aren't that appealing, and I rarely listen to them as a result.

As for System of a Down...yes, they are more original than pretty much everything else on Rock radio....but I can't stand them for whatever reason. I think it's that vocalist, because I do not have a problem with the actual music; just the vocals and lyrics.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #159
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
meh, I find BID annoying...

and what's wrong with the Creed sound in OYE? Didn't most of us like Creed? lol I love the song, the tone, the bridge... it's nice! not to mention the solo!
Old 11-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #160
titan9
USER INFO »
Lol, all I was saying is that OYE isn't the most original of a track. It's an awesome song, I'll give you that. I rarely skip it.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #161
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) you don't skip BID?

OMG, I love Burn It Down. That's my favorite song on the album. I was so disappointed when I heard OYE at first because I didn't want Weathered II from AB. I originally gave AB a B- and I still do.I agree with uncertaindrummer that the first half of the CD is better (minus OYE) than the second half. Seeing them live did help me like some of the songs a little better, but I still find that I skip the following: OYE, Broken Wings, Shed My Skin (this one was better live), etc. I actually like The End Is Here, though.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #162
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) As for System of a Down...yes, they are more original than pretty much everything else on Rock radio....but I can't stand them for whatever reason. I think it's that vocalist, because I do not have a problem with the actual music; just the vocals and lyrics.
I love Serj has a GREAT voice! Also very original! And I also think Daron who plays guitar has a very cool voice!

And their lyrics are just great man! They're not afraid to point any fingers are politicans like Bush!

As for the skipping of tracks... Why do people do that, all tracks are frickin' amazing!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #163
titan9
USER INFO »
Well, I didn't care for "B.Y.O.B"'s lyrics, nor the vocals. That new one they've got out(I want to say it is "Hypnotize" but I am not sure if that is the title) is actually good, imo. I should correct what I said regarding the vocals: I don't like the lead vocalist, particular in the song "B.Y.O.B". I haven't heard enough from the back-up vocalist to really say whether or not I like him.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:39 PM   #164
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Well, I didn't care for "B.Y.O.B"'s lyrics, nor the vocals. That new one they've got out(I want to say it is "Hypnotize" but I am not sure if that is the title) is actually good, imo. I should correct what I said regarding the vocals: I don't like the lead vocalist, particular in the song "B.Y.O.B". I haven't heard enough from the back-up vocalist to really say whether or not I like him.
Still, you should really read some SOAD lyrics, they really make you think about some stuff. I really like what Serj, (lead singer), had to say when they won their MTV Music Award for "Best Alternative"

Serj Tankian: "I wanna thank you all for this (award). And I would just like to say one thing... Civilization is a failure! We should all get together and decide, with love, what we should to next... With love!"

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #165
titan9
USER INFO »
I'm sure they do. I've heard that they are a very political band, which can be both good and bad. I've heard that they do it good, though. That quote is a good one.