++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-08-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Different Denominations

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Why the HECK cant we all just GET ALONG!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Re: Different Denominations

No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 10-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #3
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Because some people are wrong?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:36 AM   #4
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

This is one reason that give fuel to the fire that there is no god

all of christianity and not get its story straight weather it be interpretation of doctinal issues or what have you if all of chrisitanity could agree that would actually say somethign a bout chrisitanity coming from god rather than an invention of man.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:02 AM   #5
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

There are many things in the scriptures that have been interpreted in different ways. For example, what day of the week should be worship on, Saturday or Sunday? Should we baptize by sprinkling or baptize by immersion? Do we take communion every Sunday, once a month, or once a year?

The answers to these questions do not affect whether or not someone is a Christian. It is in these issues, and others like them, that denominations are formed. It does not mean that one denomination contradicts another. It means that though they agree in the essentials, they differ in some nonessentials...

The important thing is that we are all tied together through Him and that this difference is allowed.

Romans 14:1-5 backs that up:

"Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. One man has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. Let not him who eats regard with contempt him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind."

Heaven

Old 10-09-2006, 11:16 AM   #6
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

i got behind this van one day i,ve HEARED OF THE First Assembly Of God And I thought About You This One Here Was The Second Assembly Of God
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 10-09-2006, 11:19 AM   #7
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) This is one reason that give fuel to the fire that there is no god

all of christianity and not get its story straight weather it be interpretation of doctinal issues or what have you if all of chrisitanity could agree that would actually say somethign a bout chrisitanity coming from god rather than an invention of man.
i,ll get back with ya,s and we can view opions and topics, THANK YOU, Lunar
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 10-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #8
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) There are many things in the scriptures that have been interpreted in different ways. For example, what day of the week should be worship on, Saturday or Sunday? Should we baptize by sprinkling or baptize by immersion? Do we take communion every Sunday, once a month, or once a year?

The answers to these questions do not affect whether or not someone is a Christian. It is in these issues, and others like them, that denominations are formed. It does not mean that one denomination contradicts another. It means that though they agree in the essentials, they differ in some nonessentials...

The important thing is that we are all tied together through Him and that this difference is allowed.

Romans 14:1-5 backs that up:

"Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. One man has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. Let not him who eats regard with contempt him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind."

Heaven

You are truly a blessing.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #9
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) You are truly a blessing.
And this place is truly blessed by all of us (well, there's a couple of peeps we need to work on but all in due time )...

Heaven

Old 10-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #10
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Lol. True.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:24 AM   #11
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr

I dont think Christianity is an invention of man, but definitely, the purile quarrels in the name of nonessentials, give the enemy just what he wants, zero unity - more reason for blokes like Lunar Shadow to simply laugh at us. Why would God get involved in a fight that's not His? So hearts just get hardened even more and the gap between denominations gets bigger...even war is declared.

When one is about to argue the truth with another believer of a different denomination, we should ask ourselves is it really worth the consequences - And: whos watching??

...could be a non-believer searching for integrity...or it could even be GOD!!!

Oh heaven FORBID!!!!

I know I have made that mistake even here in these threads

Just sux when someone that is so nice becomes so different when this kinda thing comes up.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 10-11-2006, 08:10 AM   #12
RalphyS
USER INFO »

So much blood has been shed by the Church because of an omission from the Gospel: "Ye shall be indifferent as to what your neighbor's religion is." Not merely tolerant of it, but indifferent to it. Divinity is claimed for many religions; but no religion is great enough or divine enough to add that new law to its code.

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. I would not interfere with any one's religion, either to strengthen it or to weaken it. I am not able to believe one's religion can affect his hereafter one way or the other, no matter what that religion may be. But it may easily be a great comfort to him in this life--hence it is a valuable possession to him.

Mark Twain, a Biography

Old 10-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #13
Sincirr
USER INFO »

interesting quote.
Where are u getting these from?

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 10-11-2006, 10:51 AM   #14
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) interesting quote.
Where are u getting these from?

http://www.quotationspage.com/

Old 10-23-2006, 01:22 AM   #15
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Gods To Big And Unexplained

Im tired Guys, But Im Up For A Chat DIFFERENT RELGIONS ARE ALL SEPARATED , By The Words Of Christ And The NT FROM THE CHURCH OF CHRIST TO THE BELIEF OF BABTIST THEN YOU HAVE PENTECOSTAL So It Was All Separted, And You Saw The Move Of Christ When The NON DENOMINATIONS CHURCHES Started To Grow , Now We Have The United Churches And Im Not Agruing With Anybodys Believes B/c Its All One Big Condradiction , JESUS SAID i,AM THE TRUTH THE WAY AND THE LIFE , And There Would Be A Time WHEN THAT TRUE Spirt WOULD Leave All The Churches And All Their Prophecy Tounges WOULD Cease And Some Good Men Who Have Been First For A Long Time Souls would now be in confusing BUT VERLIY I SAY UNTO YOU MANY OF YOU THAT ARE FIRST SHALL BE LAST AND THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE LAST SHALL BE FIRST, But Not To Confuse Anybody GOD IS CONTROL OF THIS MATTER AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN SO THE SPIRT OF GOD WHO CAN PERFORM ALL THINGS HAS PERFORMED THINGS FOR ALL OF THESE CHURCHES AND PEOPLE, ALL, they can believe whatever that want too BUT ONLY JUSTICE AND TRUTH SHALL PREVAIL those that seek the truth shall follow his spirt AND ITS LOVE AND ITS MERCY AND ITS SACRAFICE ITS SPIRT THATS NOT IN HURRY TO GET BACK HOME FOR GAME TIME ITS NOT A SPIRT THAT WORRIES IF WE CAN GET DRESSED ON TIME ITS NOT A SPIRT THAT WANTS TO CEASE PRAISE , WHEN YOU LEAVE A CHRIST FELT CHURCH YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU CAME THERE FOR , FOR THOSE WHO TRULY THIRST THEY SHALL DRINK FOR THOSE WHO HUNGER SHALL BE FILLED, I,ve Got To Credit To One Lit Pastor That Dear Man Has Been Over Ruled By His Congration, God Told Him At One Time To Step Down But You KNOW WHAT His Sermons Put Me A Sleep , BUT I PRAY FOR HIM A LOT FOR STRENETH His Lit Church Has Grown Not In Wisdom BUT YOU KNOW WHAT HE GOT WHERE IT COUNTS, B/c He Always Preaching On Love Forgivness Mercy And His Voice Does Not Get No Louder Than That ,He Is Very Humble To His Master And In Shows Everytimes He Teaches The Word, HE IS HOLDING ON TO CHRIST And His Simple Teachings And It Dont Matter If You Reached Theme Man To That Point That We Follow, GOD MUST DEAL WITH EVERYBODY And I know He Feels He Sees No Change sometimes BUT GOD SEES THAT OVER COMING HUMBLE STRENETH AND IT BLESSES GOD THAT HE HOLDS ON TO CHRIST And Teaches The Same Message Over And Over with out proverb without reason, and holds on to christ message of love and forgiveness GOD IS GOING TO UPLIFT HIM ,